C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

UK Driver Assistance Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered W205 C200
UK Driver Assistance Package

Hi all

New member to the forum and have recently placed an order for a W205 saloon C200 (first Mercedes).

I have noticed a price increase for the driver assistance package I ordered and am starting to worry there may be some new features added.

Please can anyone in the UK with the package advise on the what is included and how they are finding it?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 AMG Auto Saloon-Prem Plus-Privacy Glass
Originally Posted by Nottsonion
Hi all

New member to the forum and have recently placed an order for a W205 saloon C200 (first Mercedes).

I have noticed a price increase for the driver assistance package I ordered and am starting to worry there may be some new features added.

Please can anyone in the UK with the package advise on the what is included and how they are finding it?

Thanks in advance.
No new features with the price increase, Just the MY16 changes.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:47 PM

Ordered W205 C200
Thanks for the quick reply, feel lucky I ordered in time to avoid the price rise.

Would love to hear about people's experiences with the steer assist. Does this only work with distronic activated?

The reviews and demos I have seen are all from the states.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:48 PM

W205 C250 Bluetec AMG Line
Good morning,
In Australia its standard above the C200 but then again we pay more than any other country for the car.. The driver assistance package is a whole suite of safety features that work independently to distronic plus (cruise control)
Old 05-05-2015, 02:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Originally Posted by S18LOK
No new features with the price increase, Just the MY16 changes.
Not quite - the UK package now includes the "Active" elements of the DA system (ie Steering Assist) so the car will attempt to correct Lane Straying etc, rather than simply vibrating the wheel.

This brings it in line with other markets.
Old 05-05-2015, 04:27 AM

Ordered W205 C200
Originally Posted by jolt8631
Not quite - the UK package now includes the "Active" elements of the DA system (ie Steering Assist) so the car will attempt to correct Lane Straying etc, rather than simply vibrating the wheel.

Thanks. This is what I was worried about. Will contact the dealer to see if anything can be done.

I fear it will not be possible to have the new options on my April order.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:09 PM

Ordered W205 C200
Originally Posted by jolt8631

I have checked with the dealer and you're correct in that there are new items as described.

Unfortunately it was too late to amend my order. Thankfully the sales person at Mercedes has already sold the car I ordered and is currently submitting a new order to include the new features.

The only downside has been a delay with the Airmatic which means no chance of the Sept delivery I was expecting.

Waiting for confirmation of new delivery date with Airmatic. Hope it's worth the wait