C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Does anyone here actually like this car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Does anyone here actually like this car?

I have to admit, sometimes reading all the complaints being posted here can get a bit depressing. Although the issues being discussed are certainly very real, I'm not sure they represent a truly balanced picture of what the W205 series really is.

Many of us have had some issues, and I personally had more than my fair share of them with my early build C300. Even through all of that, I always recognized the exceptional design of the car. Now that I have a new c300, one that seems fairly well sorted out, it's become very easy to appreciate this car's qualities.

I think it's too easy to get a very skewed view of the W205 ... and many prospective buyers are likely being turned away from this vehicle fearing shoddy workmanship and poor service. Many owners have had few or no serious issues with this car, and many have also had excellent service from their dealers.

There aren't many threads that praise the virtues of this car, which is a shame since Mercedes has designed a really competitive compact sedan that can be purchased for a reasonable price relative to its German rivals.

While there have been some who have loudly proclaimed that they would never buy another Mercedes product, and some have brought up the class action law suit threat as a way of addressing issues, the fact remains that this is a very good car.

I am happy with my C300, and I think it offers more than the BMW 3 series or the current version of the Audi A4. I wish MB-USA was more proactive in its customer service, and more open in how it deals with customer complaints, but this is a brilliantly designed car and we shouldn't lose track of that as all these various complaints, and rants and raves, appear on the forum.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 220 BT
I do. And i never had any issues with the car (for the moment).
Old 05-15-2015, 11:19 AM

c300
I am very happy with my C300. No real issues to report. I enjoy driving the car. It's my first Mercedes and I am very happy with the experience so far. MY16 should have a lot less issues. I'm certain Mercedes took note and will get most things if not all things fixed. A few people advised me against buying a year one redesign since they tend to be more problematic. I do not regret my decision .
Old 05-15-2015, 11:32 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 C300
Originally Posted by StanNH
I am happy with my C300, and I think it offers more than the BMW 3 series or the current version of the Audi A4. I wish MB-USA was more proactive in its customer service, and more open in how it deals with customer complaints, but this is a brilliantly designed car and we shouldn't lose track of that as all these various complaints, and rants and raves, appear on the forum.
+1

I am delighted with my C300 and totally agree with Stan's comparison to BMW/Audi. I am very discriminating and critical with my cars and this car is excellent. My rear bumper is misaligned a little but that's about it, close to flawless.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
I like mine rather than love it. No real issues. The drivetrain isn't BMW/a drivers car for me and that's why it's like rather than love. I'm still in love with my BMW e89 35i.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
Stan,

Thanks for your insights. Most people seem to vent their frustrations on forums but people don't tend to say much when the product is working as expected. Hopefully your thread will show that people actually enjoy their cars!

Regarding the current BMW equivalent offering, at the moment I'm torn between the the new LCI 3 series and the C class. I actually have a test drive booked for the 3 series for the pre LCI for tomorrow. Could you give me some thoughts about how you would compare the two cars?

Thanks
Old 05-15-2015, 11:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C400
To be perfectly honest, it's just OK. I kind of regret my decision to get the C400. Overall the design is fantastic and the performance is perfectly fine but the fit and finish and the small details are just not up to the standards I thought MB had. Overall I would say that I like the car but I would not miss it if I could get into another vehicle right now without getting *** raped on depreciation. Sad to say that this will be my first and last MB unless there comes a day when I can afford to step up to the G class.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
I think most everyone on here likes the car. The number of 2015 C classes in line at my dealer and number of MBUSA agents on hold to take complaints shows that this board is very representative and it's not perfectly designed nor built. We're all beta testers so to speak. This car seems to have build issues more than most. But with that, can still be the best all around small sedan for some of us and evolution comes from concerns.

That said, compare this board to many makes of computers, smartphones, higher end luxuries etc, and it's not really so negative. A few out of line posters have been kicked off or moved on. You've had a lot of problems with the car Stan that you had to handle on your own, and read/post a lot in a short time. I'm sure that makes things appear bigger than they really are sometimes...depressing as you out it....all forums can be kinda like staring in right rear view mirror when done too much.

Last edited by floridadriver; 05-15-2015 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
I'm a firm believer of the term "The squeaky wheel gets the oil".

Reading reviews from actual customers (especially with many having the same complaint) is one of the best ways to decide on purchasing a certain vehicle...or not...AND it usually gets the manufacturers to correct the issues faster as well.

So I don't have a problem reading all the complaints about the new C300/C400.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Originally Posted by Mr Enigma
Stan,

Thanks for your insights. Most people seem to vent their frustrations on forums but people don't tend to say much when the product is working as expected. Hopefully your thread will show that people actually enjoy their cars!

Regarding the current BMW equivalent offering, at the moment I'm torn between the the new LCI 3 series and the C class. I actually have a test drive booked for the 3 series for the pre LCI for tomorrow. Could you give me some thoughts about how you would compare the two cars?

Thanks
I've owned three BMW's and, without any question, BMW makes some of the finest engines available in any car. They are efficient, and offer both performance and economy. I lost my love for their steering when they switched to electric from hydraulic assist. The current 3..xi series is very good, but the styling and interior seem somewhat dated at this point. Handling, which used to be class leading, is now still better than average, but that edge seems to have dulled a bit. BMW still offers excellent sedans, but they are no longer the enthusiast's "slam dunk" of cars. Audi's superb A4 is getting very long in the tooth, and due for a revamp in 2016.

The big three German makers all offer solid sedans with different personalities. One comparison review I read many months ago put it best: the W205 may not be the best in any one category, but it does everything well and has no weaknesses. I think that's accurate ... this is a very well rounded and balanced car.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:05 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2015 W205
Originally Posted by chicagofan00
To be perfectly honest, it's just OK. I kind of regret my decision to get the C400. Overall the design is fantastic and the performance is perfectly fine but the fit and finish and the small details are just not up to the standards I thought MB had. Overall I would say that I like the car but I would not miss it if I could get into another vehicle right now without getting *** raped on depreciation. Sad to say that this will be my first and last MB unless there comes a day when I can afford to step up to the G class.
About the same. I like it, but am not in love with it. Maybe my initial expectations were too high? I had less problems when I bought a $20K Toyota new than this $50K Mercedes.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:05 PM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 W205 C400 4Matic
The problem with forums in general is that most people are either looking for 'how to', modifications, events, photos, etc OR - to complain. Rarely do people come on to a forum to go 'omg, I love this (insert topic)'. I'm on (or have been on over the past 15 or so years) about 50 different forums, and that seems to be true of them all.

Oh, and I love my C400
Old 05-15-2015, 01:12 PM

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 C300 RWD Sport Premium
It's the perfect car for a short term lease. It's ok, but I'll be happy to get into something else in a couple years.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:13 PM

C43
I'm in the "like" group as well. Some things about the car I LOVE (styling, interior) but there are some little issues (wind noise, door seal popping sounds over bumps) that are annoying the hell out of me. It's expected though when purchasing the first year of a new model so I'll give MB the benefit of the doubt. I would definitely consider another MB in the future, but I may wait at least a model year or two after a debut so I don't have to be a beta tester again.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C400
Originally Posted by CO2010
It's the perfect car for a short term lease. It's ok, but I'll be happy to get into something else in a couple years.
That sums it up perfectly to me. Wish I had done a short term lease instead of financed.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C300 4MATIC
There is no reason to NOT love this car. But if you ask me what I love about it, I cannot point to anything in particular. It is a jack of all trades and a master of none, except, may be the interior styling and execution. The interiors of other big Germans in this class are boring in comparison. Did not like the spy shots of the upcoming A4 either. (My personal opinion)

Yes, I have the wind noise issue at high speeds. But now I got adjusted to it that I don't bother about the noise anymore. If they get a fix, then great, I will be happy to take it. Everything else about the car is neutral.

Handling - neutral
Steering feedback - neutral
Ride quality - neutral
Engine and Tranny - neutral

I don't see a reason to hate the car. But like everybody said, you will not miss this car when you replace it after a few years.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:55 PM

Ferrari, Lexus, Toyota
It's a hard car to like from an ownership perspective. It's no Lexus. Better than Audi and BMW in class? Probably. Low bar though to jump.

I mean, it has a cool freaking design and package. Some neat technology, first in class with silky air suspension. Finally a car maker is making the interior fit and finish in smaller car not look like a cut back from large models. BRAVO! Compare all the rivals and no comparison. Other automakers, German and otherwise, are silly not to step up designs of their non-flagship models to not be a compromise.

Mercedes (as many German makers) get an "D" in durable execution of the build and an "F" for accountability and service for known issues (wind noise, MB tex, bumper) from me. That's hard to get past. Has nothing to do with the boards. Many people posted here long before they bought, most have come back here with issues. Hell, you're on your second car in 6 months and have spend I'd guess thousands if not tens of thousands of hours on the 2015 C board, mostly with build and accountability problems.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by Unnimon

There is no reason to NOT love this car. But if you ask me what I love about it, I cannot point to anything in particular. It is a jack of all trades and a master of none...
Did you just call the new C300 an "All Season Tire" ?

I haven't received my ordered C300 yet, but I did researched/test drive a lot of others in the C300's class...Audi A4 (aging design...lower HP), BMW 328i (spartan interior), Lexus IS (AWD only comes with the older 6 sp), Q50 (worst handler of the group)...and I liked the C300 best. I agree though, the C300 wasn't the best in a couple catagories, but overall it was the leader of the pack.

Last edited by MASSC450; 05-15-2015 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:13 PM

c300
Originally Posted by MASSC300

I haven't received my ordered C300 yet, but I did researched/test drive a lot of others in the C300's class...Audi A4, BMW 328i, Lexus IS, Q50...and I liked the C300 best. I agree though, the C300 wasn't the best in a couple catagories, but overall it was the leader of the pack.
Same here Mass test drove all those cars.. Not the lexus.. The design really wan't for me. I think the C300 offered the best all-around package. Price, Quality, equipment and lease term. Close second was the 328i.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:29 PM

Ferrari, Lexus, Toyota

I haven't received my ordered C300 yet, but I did researched/test drive a lot of others in the C300's class...Audi A4 (aging design...lower HP), BMW 328i (spartan interior), Lexus IS (AWD only comes with the older 6 sp), Q50 (worst handler of the group)...and I liked the C300 best. I agree though, the C300 wasn't the best in a couple catagories, but overall it was the leader of the pack.
I agree, the C has much prettier interior and some cool tech. I wouldn't be able to use the word quality for it though.

If the IS or GS made your short list, I'd consider it if you haven't pulled the trigger yet. Or work a short term lease as others posted. MB doesn't seem the most committed to fix the beta issues on the C.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C300 4MATIC

Well.... you may say so.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:36 PM

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts
2019 E53 Coupe
The issues I had with a September built C400, screeching brakes, bumper misaligned, door handle LED failure, and steering recall were all resolved completely and quickly. I'm very happy with the car. It is very fast and quiet (no wind noise issues). It looks and drives great. I would certainly look at Mercedes for my next car, maybe a redesigned E Class.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:29 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,352 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
I agree, I just love my S class
Old 05-15-2015, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
I got this car thinking I'd pay it off and keep it for as long as possible. Having lived with it, as comfortable, luxurious and stylish as is, it's quite a boring and unpredictable drivetrain and this will likely mean I'll hand it back at year 2 or 3. Plus today it's developed a creak from the centre console wood trim/vents (which creaks and ticks badly, like polystyrene when pressed by a finger). Good job I got a huge discount.

Really glad I didn't part ex the BMW as originally planned as I love that car.

Last edited by ManiacGT; 05-15-2015 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by HelenR

If the IS or GS made your short list, I'd consider it if you haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Since I live in a snow belt (over 100" this Winter in Boston), and I'm too cheap to buy a second "Winter Beater", I need an AWD vehicle...and the Lexus IS 350's aging 6 speed transmission was less than impressive compared to the RWD 8 speed. The GS is just too big for my taste.

Or work a short term lease as others posted. MB doesn't seem the most committed to fix the beta issues on the C.
I've never leased a vehicle before, but that's OK...if Mercedes doesn't treat me right and doesn't come up with any needed fixes quickly for my C300, I'll just buy my second choice (BMW 3 Series) the next time, and never look back to Mercedes again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does anyone here actually like this car?