C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

LED lighting issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 02:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
LED lighting issue

Have had my new C300 one week. At night I am finding there is poor lighting to the left side of the car. I nearly swiped my car on a concrete pillar because I didn't see it as I was turning into the parking spot. I brought it back to the dealer and they said the lights were set properly but I don't know how they can tell unless it is nighttime and very dark. It seems not to improve at all with high beams. I am used to Xenon headlights on my 2 previous cars. LED lights on this car seem to point very much straight out and there is little to no light to the side of the car. The right side is not as badly affected as the left. My service advisor asked me if I had fog lamps which would help. He also said the lighting package with adaptive lighting may be better for lighting up turns but he said it cannot be added to the car once it is built. I actually have not heard fog lamps are even an option on the C300 in the US. I don't feel it is fair for a Mercedes or any car for that matter to require an expensive upgrade to light simple turns. I hope Mercedes can address this issue soon. My dealer did tell me there was a recall for an LED issue on the the CLS model.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
I have the static LED's, drive on unlit roads almost every day, and have never had an issue with illumination. Headlights are usually aligned in the day, but alignment shouldn't affect side visibility.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
No issues here with static LEDs, and don't notice the absence of areas well illuminated. I have adaptive on another car that had halogens, and personally found their movement distracting, so I turned them off in it, and skipped it on this car.