C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Is it possible to order and install the MultiMedia OEM screen without the package?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 05:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic
Question Is it possible to order and install the MultiMedia OEM screen without the package?

There's something that I have been wondering about for a while now. and i haven't seen any threads about it in this forum. Is it possible to order and install the MultiMedia OEM screen without the package? I like the larger screen, it looks aesthetically pleasing Is it possible to get the OEM part number for the screen and install it instead of the regular screen? or does the car have to have COMMAND in order to install the larger screen?
Old 05-24-2015, 06:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic
Something like this :

Old 05-24-2015, 06:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
I dare say it is POSSSIBLE to swap the screens - however, this will be:a) very expensive and b) a risky mod, if no-one has tried it first. What I mean by this is even if the connectors are the same, there is a very real risk that the Audio 20 output would not be of sufficient resolution to drive the new screen - meaning you could get, either "snow" and no picture, or a picture exactly the same dimensions as the original - of course, you could get lucky and the screen display the "normal" view but stretched.

My point is that there are too many imponderables - the only way I would want to try this would be to "borrow" one, to test, before shelling out hundreds of dollars/ pounds/ rand etc.

Vic would be best placed to advise, I guess.