C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Linguatronic / Text Input possible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Linguatronic / Text Input possible?

So I use the linguatronic quite a bit as I find the physical interface a mess to navigate. When using things like google search to find destinations that aren't in the POI database, is it possible somehow to use linguatronic to input the text? For example, I wanted to find a garage at the weekend, they're called 'Darren Wood Services'. No matter what I tried the POI search couldn't find it, based on a name search or any other derivative. I was driving on the motorway at the time so couldn't easily stop to faff with the iPhone or google search via text input. So it would be nice if I could then launch the internet apps and google search and simply dictate the search into it (I know that Audi can do this and BMW has voice dictation too) but if you can on the Benz, I can't figure out how? It has to be a faster option that choosing characters with the wheel or god forbid the pointless handwriting recognition.