C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C250 - My story and now experiencing vibrations on wheel - please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 C63s Sedan
C250 - My story and now experiencing vibrations on wheel - please help

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forums and an owner of W205 C250 in Melbourne, Australia.

I bought my car in June 2015 and have had a few issues with the car since.
-6 weeks into it the car immobilised itself at 11:00 PM in the night and I called Road side assist, they were happy to send a tech to fix it but I had other commitments so I didn't bother.
the car basically wouldn't start and had warning indicators to take it to the workshop immediately in the instrument cluster.
The LED's wouldn't turn on either.

So I thought I'll just lock the car and leave it for 5 to 10 minutes. I went back out in the garage after about 10 minutes and car started and everything was running fine.

I had already booked my car to go in the next day a week before this happened because I was experiencing slight vibrations while driving on the highway over 90 km/h even while in cruise control. I was not enjoying it at all.

The next day I visited the dealership and explained what happened and they said to leave the car for diagnostics and testing as this was a serious issue.

The same day I got a call from the service rep saying that they have to replace the SAM module in the front of the car which controls all electronics for the safety check before the car turns on. I understood that electronics can sometimes **** them selves and it was faulty from the factory.

Also they mentioned they test drove it and no vibrations. The car was ready to be picked up the next day.

I drive the car off and I see another warning which was "Active lane assist inactive" "pre safe functions disabled" - I called the dealer ship again and they asked me to bring the car back. I was still experiencing vibrations on the free way.

I took the car back the next day and escalated the vibrations issue. They kept the car for another day and gave me a proper loan car this time as opposed to a Vito van from my previous visit.
I went with their mechanic for drive and demonstrated the vibration and they agreed it was unusual.

The next day the service rep called and said they had to replace the left camera in the windshield for the lane assist.
They balanced all the wheels and there is no more vibration on the wheel.

The annoying thing is that I still feel vibrations in the wheel when I'm driving on the highway. It is really not fun driving it and is stressing me out.

Has anyone else had something similar to this? Vibrations? could be wheel balancing? suspension? tyre pressure? (i checked all 4 and is at recommended levels)

Please help

Thanks
Luqman
Old 08-19-2015, 10:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 MB C300 (W205) 1969 MB 280SL (W113)
I had severe steering wheel vibration around 65mph (100kph) upon delivery and took the car back to the dealer. They checked the car and said it was "normal" but rebalanced the tires but no improvement. I drove the car for a few more weeks hoping to wear the tires a bit but still no improvement. Took it back again and this time after keeping the car for a couple of days and running "vibration tests", they replaced a couple of tires. Again, I drove the car a few more weeks, but the vibration was still there. I finally bit the bullet and took the car to a tire shop that I had done business with before (Americas Tire here in the States) to check the tire's balance and after about a half hour I got the car back. Took the car onto the freeway, held my breath, and it was like night and day. No vibration what so ever. Best $60 I have ever spent. Might be worth a try for you.

Last edited by 49erPV; 08-19-2015 at 10:38 AM.