C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Protection for new mercedees

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 04:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 UK C300 hybrid
Question Protection for new mercedees

So my new Mercedes finally arrives this week ....

So I thought I'd start a thread about car products to keep new cars sparkling like new.

Please post recommendations \ reviews of products you have used (polishes, waxes, cleaning products, films etc)... Most importantly what would you put on a new car before you take it on the road for the first time??
Old 08-30-2015, 04:35 AM
RTX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015, W205, C 220 BlueTEC AMG Line
#1 Ideally, have it detailed (professionally).
Congrats. Drive safe!
Old 08-30-2015, 06:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
First off, I used a good quality snow foam to get any grit off the paint. Next, a two bucket method wash with good quality shampoo (I use Meguiars gold class). Once done, then I rinse off the car, use a Gyeon clay bar to go over the entire car with a detailing lube (Meguiars last step). This removes any ingrained elements. I then use a fine polish to go over the paint, to remove any dealer induced fine scratches (I use AutoGlym SRP as this also fills in any scratches that might require machine polishing otherwise). Once done the paint should look pristine. Next I applied AutoFinesse Illusion, this is a high gloss, high Carnuba content wax. Then I applied Gyeon WetCoat to the top of that in subsequent washes to keep it nice.

All the glass is treated with Gtechniq glass sealant which is hydrophobic and all the plastic and rubbers with AD HellShine Abyss sealant. The wheels are cleaned regularly with AD wheel cleaner and then sealed with AD sealant (Autobrite Direct).

This should suffice until Winter, when I'll look to strip any remaining wax and apply AD HellShine Abyss which is a sealant and while not as shiny as the AF Illusion, lasts longer and is more protective over Winter. As soon as next spring comes around I'll go back to the wax approach.

(iPhone 6 photos, so not the best in the world and the little while mark on the bonnet (hood) of photo one is actually the reflection of an aircraft trail). The only thing I didn't do before the photos were took was to dress the tyres, which I did just after, with Meguiars gel tyre shine.

This is the result;

Last edited by ManiacGT; 08-30-2015 at 06:10 AM.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 AMG Auto Saloon-Prem Plus-Privacy Glass
Have a look on here:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php

I'm a detailer and i always keep my 2 cars clean, wash them at least once a week and keep the wax top up about every 8 weeks. I mainly use Gtechniq and Chemical Guys products. Mite be worth investing in a Dual Action Polishing Machine as well.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:40 AM

W205 UK C300 hybrid
Lovely looking car .... I love the way the blue really 'pops' when clean.
Thanks for the great advice .... Would you suggest I add my own wax \ polish when new or do they come treated in any way from the factory?
Old 08-30-2015, 08:42 AM

C200 Sport
Unless you specifically request your car not to be touched by the dealers " valeters" which I personally would not let touch my car with 10 ft barge pole, then all the pre-delivery gunk will be removed and you can just wash your car as normal and hope there is no marring and scratches .
Or you could just tell them not to touch the car and have it detailed by a professional and ask him to recommend tips and products to keep your car pristine.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
Originally Posted by S18LOK
Have a look on here:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php

I'm a detailer and i always keep my 2 cars clean, wash them at least once a week and keep the wax top up about every 8 weeks. I mainly use Gtechniq and Chemical Guys products. Mite be worth investing in a Dual Action Polishing Machine as well.
Agree!
Several great forums on car care and detailing. The trend is going to one step application with the pros, and new products, and not the put on, take off products of generations ago. I've always had great luck with ZAINO, and they have both classic, and new applications. Not cheap, but a little goes a long way and they're well tested.