C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Anybody else have problems with MY16 C300?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 05:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C300
Anybody else have problems with MY16 C300?

I took delivery of my MY16 C300 about two weeks ago and since then I have driven it for just under 500 miles. There are several problems I encountered that many of us hoped would be solved by now:

1. Wind noise. This was the first thing I tested and the first day with 9 miles on the odo it was silent even at 85mph. Now with 450 miles I can hear slight wind noise around 65 and very excessive wind noise at 80+

2. Keyless go issues. Never had an issue with the actual ignition button but the door lock/unlock is a hit or miss. About a third of the time it does not register my touches.

3. Same with hands-free trunk opening. Half the time I stand there looking like an idiot swinging my foot below my trunk. I give it at least 5 seconds before each swing because I know there is a delay but it is not registering.

4. My mirror do not open/close at the same time. My passenger side mirror folds in a very noticeable amount more so when it opens/closes that mirror is still moving while the other is already finished.

5. Transmission. Shifts very slow. Doesn't seem to like second gear, it goes in and out of second gear for less than a second most of the time. The lag from shifting from first to second, then second to third, is longer than the time actually spent accelerating in second.

6. Eco mode occasional jerks the car like it was stalling on shutoff.

7. When car is driving with pano roof open, it is very very loud at 40mph+. Loud to the point I rarely even open it now. This was never the case in my C63. I could go 100mph+ and it was only slight wind noise. Is this normal for sedans as my C63 was a coupe?

Overall, I am glad this is a lease. I probably do not want to be the one to own this after 3 years
Old 09-02-2015, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
I have a MY2015 C300 with all the features listed and I thought they were "acceptable" except for the delay in the folding mirror.

Parking assist is also very hit and miss too.

Last edited by pointbreak; 09-02-2015 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
There is a recent software update for the Keyless Go which takes care of these issues.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by StanNH
There is a recent software update for the Keyless Go which takes care of these issues.
Wouldn't you expect a two week old MY 2016 would have had the software update for Keyless Go?
Old 09-02-2015, 08:58 PM

2015 C300 4Matic Luxury
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
Wouldn't you expect a two week old MY 2016 would have had the software update for Keyless Go?
I would not be surprised if it did not, if the dealer did not flash it with the latest.

It is like buying video games, no matter how new, always need to update it before playing.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by Zenyatta
I would not be surprised if it did not, if the dealer did not flash it with the latest.

It is like buying video games, no matter how new, always need to update it before playing.
You certainly could be right. I would have just expected it to come from the factory with the latest software since it's a 2016.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by jakc

3. Same with hands-free trunk opening. Half the time I stand there looking like an idiot swinging my foot below my trunk. I give it at least 5 seconds before each swing because I know there is a delay but it is not registering.
Your not swinging your foot deep enough under the rear bumper. Make a kicking motion like you were kicking a ball.

4. My mirror do not open/close at the same time. My passenger side mirror folds in a very noticeable amount more so when it opens/closes that mirror is still moving while the other is already finished.
My outside passenger mirror opens & closes a split second slower than the drivers mirror...not an issue for me. First world problem for sure.

5. Transmission. Shifts very slow. Doesn't seem to like second gear, it goes in and out of second gear for less than a second most of the time. The lag from shifting from first to second, then second to third, is longer than the time actually spent accelerating in second.
I noticed my transmission in general shifts better/smoother after a couple thousand miles.

Other than that, my late build 2015 C300 Sport 4matic has been issue free...knock on wood!
Old 09-03-2015, 10:21 AM

2015 C300 4MATIC
Same here in regard to tranny smoothness after 2k mile...
Old 09-03-2015, 11:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C300
Thanks for the tips. I'll check to see if there are any updates and just drive a bit longer for the transmission roughness. I remember having similar issues with my C63 the first thousand miles or so.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes C300, Mercedes E63, Mercedes ML350
2. Keyless go issues. Never had an issue with the actual ignition button but the door lock/unlock is a hit or miss. About a third of the time it does not register my touches.

Same here

My esp went off and car got into limbo can't move

States collision inoperative
My wife was driving 80mph car dropped to 10mph esp was illuminated and showing collision inoperative
Car was at dealer for 7 days they replaced whole unit
It just happened again........
Talk to regional rep MB won't buy my car back
No sympathy whatsoever
Regional rep was professional but very robotic
Old 08-06-2020, 02:12 PM

c300
Transmission issues MY 16 C300

Originally Posted by jakc
I took delivery of my MY16 C300 about two weeks ago and since then I have driven it for just under 500 miles. There are several problems I encountered that many of us hoped would be solved by now:

1. Wind noise. This was the first thing I tested and the first day with 9 miles on the odo it was silent even at 85mph. Now with 450 miles I can hear slight wind noise around 65 and very excessive wind noise at 80+

6. Eco mode occasional jerks the car like it was stalling on shutoff.

7. When car is driving with pano roof open, it is very very loud at 40mph+. Loud to the point I rarely even open it now. This was never the case in my C63. I could go 100mph+ and it was only slight wind noise. Is this normal for sedans as my C63 was a coupe?

Overall, I am glad this is a lease. I probably do not want to be the one to own this after 3 years
I have transmission issues with my 2016 C300 that I bought in 2018 with 40K miles. Doesn’t feel smooth in lower gears. When I take it in it needs a software update and is fine for a week then it begins again with the lowers gears shifting slightly jerky. I took it back in today and said it was unacceptable so at least they are looking at it again.