C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Bluetooth connection issues??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 04:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 Infiniti G37
Bluetooth connection issues??

Has anyone had any issues with their bluetooth connection staying connected? I have a Galaxy S6 and never had any issues until yesterday. When i was leaving work i was talking to a co-worker and noticed while we were sitting in the car, a message popped up on the screen 3 times in about 10 min saying phone connected. On the drive home i was using the phone and then the radio came on. Thinking i just dropped a call i paid no attention until it reconnected my phone that was still connected only it wouldnt allow the phone to work and locked up the command system for about 5 min. I was able to get it to come back and made the call again. It then did the same thing after about 5 min, dropped the call from BT but the phone was still connected to the call. I turned off the phone BT but could not continue the call. I then shut off the BT on the phone and car for about 5 min reconnected and had no further issues. On the way to work this morning, its about a 30 min drive, the whole way it it was flashing on the screen, every 5 min or so, phone connected. Starting to get frustrated with this. No issues with any other BT device i have used the last few days, so not sure if this it the phone or car. Thanks
Old 09-03-2015, 08:54 AM

2015 C300 4Matic Luxury
Maybe you had a firmware update on your phone in the last two days. Have you tried to clear the Bluetooth cache on your phone?

I would try that first. And then try to pair with the car again if needed.

>Tap the app icon on your phone’s home screen.

>Tap on the settings icon once you reach there.

>Scroll down to Application Manager from the Application section.

>Display All Tabs by swiping left or right.

>Tap on Bluetooth.

>Tap to stop it forcefully. There is an icon for force stop.

>Now tap to clear the cache.

>Then tap to clear the Bluetooth data.

>Tap Ok.

>The last step is to restart the phone.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:02 AM

'13 Infiniti G37
Thanks man, i just did that. i will go check it when i get off work to see the results. Hoping for the best.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,067 Likes on 703 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Very rarely. Restarting the phone "fixes" it.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:04 PM

2015 C300 4Matic Luxury
Originally Posted by swagger_jacker
Thanks man, i just did that. i will go check it when i get off work to see the results. Hoping for the best.
Any improvement? Deleting the pairing information on Android should not make a difference if it is working, albeit intermittently, but you can try.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:26 PM

'13 Infiniti G37
So i did the above steps yesterday and when driving back n forth to work had no issues for now. I guess we will see how long it lasts
Old 09-04-2015, 04:50 PM

2015 C250 AMG Premium Plus, 2015 Citroen DS3 Cabrio
Ive just got a new Samsung A5 as a company phone and having a nightmare with it when connected to my car. I can hear speech clearly but apparently mine is very broken, cutting in and out throughout every call I make. Had no problems with my previous HTC and my own Samsung Note. The phone itself is fine when not connected the car. I've unpaired the phone a number of times but makes no difference, the problem remains. Called in at my dealer today to see if there are any known issues however none that they are aware of.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:59 PM

2015 C300 4Matic Luxury
Originally Posted by Kahuna2205
Ive just got a new Samsung A5 as a company phone and having a nightmare with it when connected to my car. I can hear speech clearly but apparently mine is very broken, cutting in and out throughout every call I make. Had no problems with my previous HTC and my own Samsung Note. The phone itself is fine when not connected the car. I've unpaired the phone a number of times but makes no difference, the problem remains. Called in at my dealer today to see if there are any known issues however none that they are aware of.
Clear the cache (procedure mentioned above), unpair, pair again.

Do you have any other Bluetooth device connected to the phone? Like a smartwatch maybe?
Old 09-04-2015, 05:03 PM

2015 C300 4Matic Luxury
So i did the above steps yesterday and when driving back n forth to work had no issues for now. I guess we will see how long it lasts
YAY! It will take some time to happen again. Once it does, clear the cache and start rolling again.

Story time: I was debugging a Bluetooth issue on site for a tier 1 soundbar OEM customer with an Android phone 3 years ago. All options exhausted, only problem left on the plate and internet search revealed this fix. I tried it, worked like a charm, there were high fives and we all went out for Sushi (which was amazing btw). Never was reported again.
Old 09-05-2015, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Zenyatta
Clear the cache (procedure mentioned above), unpair, pair again.

Do you have any other Bluetooth device connected to the phone? Like a smartwatch maybe?
I'll give it a go but it's a brand new phone...would there be any cache build up yet ? The problem has been there since day 1. Nothing else connected
Old 09-05-2015, 09:53 AM

2015 C300 4Matic Luxury
I'll give it a go but it's a brand new phone...would there be any cache build up yet ? The problem has been there since day 1. Nothing else connected
Hmmm. Have you tried using it with other bluetooth headets or another car? That data may be useful. I doubt it is a "bluetooth" issue as the bandwidth is reserved for both directions. I am thinking it could be at the phone end when it patches the outbound speech data from bluetooth to the cellular. If that is the case, it should show up with another car or headset. If it does, the next step would be to try with another A5. That way you will know to ask for another A5 or another model. Tell them it is restricting your ability to focus on the road while driving (which it is) and they should give you the replacement.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Zenyatta
Hmmm. Have you tried using it with other bluetooth headets or another car? That data may be useful. I doubt it is a "bluetooth" issue as the bandwidth is reserved for both directions. I am thinking it could be at the phone end when it patches the outbound speech data from bluetooth to the cellular. If that is the case, it should show up with another car or headset. If it does, the next step would be to try with another A5. That way you will know to ask for another A5 or another model. Tell them it is restricting your ability to focus on the road while driving (which it is) and they should give you the replacement.
I tried your suggestion but no different unfortunately. The car system fine with other phones so I'm thinking it must be this particular one so I'll get it changed. Thanks for your help
Old 09-08-2015, 04:08 AM

'13 Infiniti G37
So.... here we are 4 days-ish later and its back. On the way to work this morning i kept getting the connected message show up on the screen about 4 times. Im going to try connecting my work Blackberry for a little bit and see if that changes anything. Only i have not other issues with it staying connected to other BT devices. Here's to new technology.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:11 PM

2006 SLK 280
Noisy Bluetooth

Since switching to Galaxy Note over 3 years ago, receivers of my calls say it's so noisy they think I have the top down. I hear them fine. Also, address book will not upload to radio. I understand there is a firmware update that will fix these issues. (Newer phones are too smart for the firmware in the puck). I'm using puck B6 787 5878. I've been to two dealers and have called MB USA about a firmware update. None of them are aware of an update. MB USA no longer supports phones with pucks (MHI); they support only Bluetooth built into the radio/Comand. I see pucks on eBay with updated firmware that are claimed to fix these issues. They are $2-300. I paid over $1500 for the MHI parts-installed myself--and I just don't feel I should have to pay $300 for an update puck. Seems like MB should be able to flash the firmware for me. Anyone have advice?
Old 03-15-2016, 09:21 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
C8, FF, C63S, 911 C4S, GTI, E350, Boxster S, 355, Esprit S4, Vantage, S5, Z4, M3, Miata, A4, 325is
So.... here we are 4 days-ish later and its back. On the way to work this morning i kept getting the connected message show up on the screen about 4 times. Im going to try connecting my work Blackberry for a little bit and see if that changes anything. Only i have not other issues with it staying connected to other BT devices. Here's to new technology.

I have the same issue on my GS6. I think the issue is that my GS6 is also hooked up to my watch....therefore, the phone is hooked up to more than one device. What's annoying is that once the MB disconnects, it will not allow you to reconnect unless you start/stop the car. Thus, if you're on a long drive, as I am most of the time, I will need to wait until I come to a rest stop or similar... <sigh> it's a POS. BTW, this also happens on my Windows and iPhone when I popped the SIM card out to try it. So it appears it's something with the MB and not the phones.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C450
... a message popped up on the screen 3 times in about 10 min saying phone connected. On the drive home i was using the phone and then the radio came on. Thinking i just dropped a call i paid no attention until it reconnected my phone that was still connected only it wouldnt allow the phone to work and locked up the command system for about 5 min. I was able to get it to come back and made the call again. It then did the same thing after about 5 min, dropped the call from BT but the phone was still connected to the call. I turned off the phone BT but could not continue the call. I then shut off the BT on the phone and car for about 5 min reconnected and had no further issues. On the way to work this morning, its about a 30 min drive, the whole way it it was flashing on the screen, every 5 min or so, phone connected. Starting to get frustrated with this. No issues with any other BT device i have used the last few days, so not sure if this it the phone or car. Thanks
Same problem here with Nexus 6P. Car was delivered last month.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 100 Posts
2005 w203 C230
Anyone looking for a Phone "Kit" or parts...
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Mercedes-CLK-...IAAOSwgkxZ3Ms3