C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Really Loving My C300 Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Really Loving My C300 Sport

I've had the car now a month. The rear windshield had to be replaced because it came with three little chips in the glass. And there was a very small paint blemish in the rear bumper, but they easily took care of that. As a we're sorry for any inconvenience, they applied Resistall today to the entire inside and outside of the car for free. It's a nano coating that supposedly lasts for up to 7 years and with minimal maintenance the car won't (they say) need to be waxed for all 7 of those years. I must say, it's really shiny and smooth feeling. Plus the interior treatment just made the Cranberry Red Leather more vibrant looking (it's not Armor All Shiny - thankfully). If I get a stain on the leather anytime during the next 7 years, it's covered by the dealership 100%.

Otherwise, the car is simply wonderful to drive. It shifts smoothly, has great pickup, no rattles (I said knocking wood as I typed with one hand). It's just a wonderful car to drive and should keep me happy for a long time. Which it better, as I paid cash for it and I've made a promise to keep it a long time.

Also, we picked up our GLC300 this weekend. If you'd like to see any pics of the GLC, head over to the GLC forum and look at the Official 2016 GLC picture thread I started over there. It's Designo Cardinal Red and it's simply fantastic!

I know you can't tell much from pics, but here's some nice shine on my C300 Sport!

Old 11-30-2015, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 265 Likes on 181 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic traded in for a 2022 E450 Coupe
I've had C300 Sport 4matic for about 10 days now and agree, it is a pleasure to drive! The only "complaint" I have is with the parking sensors, I wish they beeped earlier. The only beep from the front sensors is when the red bar illuminates which is about 5 inches from disaster with that low front end. : )
Old 11-30-2015, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Mikey53
I've had C300 Sport 4matic for about 10 days now and agree, it is a pleasure to drive! The only "complaint" I have is with the parking sensors, I wish they beeped earlier. The only beep from the front sensors is when the red bar illuminates which is about 5 inches from disaster with that low front end. : )
I didn't get Parktronic on mine, so I can't exactly relate, but I think others have made similar comments about their system. I'm glad you're enjoying the car though. MB did an amazing job with the C Class this time around!
Old 12-01-2015, 01:29 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
Pleased to hear you are happy with your car. I have had mine 6.5 mths and a appreciate it more and more the longer i have it. The only real issue i have had was the seat back onnthe crivers side coming adrift easily repaired and no problem since. I had the 7gtronic software updated yesterday as on one or 2 occasions the gearbox did not change up or down as expected but not a major problem. So far i can feel no real difference but then the changes were always the typically mercedes smooth.

I was given a B class as a loaner, quite nice to sit in well designed goodcquality materials but on the move very very noisy, the wind noise was drowned out by seriously bad road noise. It was a B180 so an oil burner like mine and the engine was fine but noisier at idle than the 250 but on the road the road noise drowned it out too! Plus it was a manual........i last drove manual cars in the uk in rhd...this was lhd so it was a double shock! The cruise worked amazingly well with it though as did the stop start. But my point is the c class is just so refined in comparison and yes you hear wind flutter at motorway speeds but that is because it is so much quieter for road and engine noise. I say that on the basis that i have no seal problems any wind noise i hear is outside and not penetrating the cabin.

Am jealous you have a glc in the stable too i swapped my glk for the c just wish i could have both! Are they very similar to drive?
Old 12-01-2015, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by parkwood
Pleased to hear you are happy with your car. I have had mine 6.5 mths and a appreciate it more and more the longer i have it. The only real issue i have had was the seat back onnthe crivers side coming adrift easily repaired and no problem since. I had the 7gtronic software updated yesterday as on one or 2 occasions the gearbox did not change up or down as expected but not a major problem. So far i can feel no real difference but then the changes were always the typically mercedes smooth.

I was given a B class as a loaner, quite nice to sit in well designed goodcquality materials but on the move very very noisy, the wind noise was drowned out by seriously bad road noise. It was a B180 so an oil burner like mine and the engine was fine but noisier at idle than the 250 but on the road the road noise drowned it out too! Plus it was a manual........i last drove manual cars in the uk in rhd...this was lhd so it was a double shock! The cruise worked amazingly well with it though as did the stop start. But my point is the c class is just so refined in comparison and yes you hear wind flutter at motorway speeds but that is because it is so much quieter for road and engine noise. I say that on the basis that i have no seal problems any wind noise i hear is outside and not penetrating the cabin.

Am jealous you have a glc in the stable too i swapped my glk for the c just wish i could have both! Are they very similar to drive?
I'm glad you had the software updated and hope you continue to have typically smooth MB shifting!

We had a GLA loaner while they were putting the nano coating on both GLC and C and while it's a nice car, it can't compare to either, that's for sure.

So far the GLC300 has proven to be simply a stunning version of the C Class. You sit up high, it's roomy and it comes with the 9 Speed Variable Transmission, so all I can say is it shifts even more seamlessly than the C300. All in all, we couldn't be happier with the pair of them!

I completely agree with you about the wind sound. You can hear it swooshing outside the window, but it never intrudes the cabin and I suspect people may misinterpret the sound. The cabin is so quiet that it's just easier to hear the wind passing by at highway speeds.

May you continue have a great experience with your C!