C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

issues.. anyone else experiencing these?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 11:34 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
bmw 3msport, 2016 c300 sport amg on order
issues.. anyone else experiencing these?

suggestions for fixes?

1. upon cold start... slight slight slight bumping idle, its not perfectly smooth. as soon as it warms up its perfect smooth idle... anyone? (c300 standard 4cyl turbo)

2. the sound system (burn upgraded system)... when its pretty high in volume and going onto the freeway the bass cuts out. This only seems to happen when going like 70+ mph. if i turn the volume down the bass will come back but turn it back up to loud or even full volume and bass cuts out. its very embarrassing for a 60k car. at low speeds (sides streets etc) i can have it loud as i want and it will never cut out...
.... no the fix is not turning it down, it should not do this.

3. wipers shutter. took it to the dealer and he seemed to think they were fine didn't replace them or anything but i am not satisfied, what are you all doing to fix the chatter?

4. here and there the comfort keyless access doesn't work when reaching into the handle it should open and it will stay locked. i have to take my key out to hit unlock button when i shouldn't have to.. i can't seem to figure out a specific time or reaction when it doesn't work. it doesn't seem to have a pattern so thats hard to take to the dealership knowing it may work perfectly there and not when i get back home.

suggestions?? similar issues or problems? dealer experiences taking some of these in?

-nick

Last edited by blackedbenzo; 02-11-2016 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
1. upon cold start...
Not sure which engine you have? My c200 4cyl is smoother when warm but then so is my 6cyl BMW. I'd never describe either a bumpy or rough.

2. the sound system...
You don't say which sound system you have? But...
Is auto volume on? Look in the vehicle settings or your manual. Auto volume alters dynamic range, ensure its off for best reproduction.

3. wipers shutter.
Common 'issue'. Mine did this, they replaced the blades, no different, but they started working smoothly after a few weeks of use/bedding in.

4. here and there the comfort keyless access doesn't work
Ask your dealer for all available software updates, there's one to help with this.

Hope that helps...
Old 02-11-2016, 12:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C180 / 96 Nissan Skyline R33
1-I think idle is little rough because it tries to heat catalytic quickly. After warming it is smoother. Its the same for my C180 and my father's S400.

2-As ManiacGT said it is because of noise levelling. Turn it off and give it a try.

3-I think all MB wipers have the same issue. MB is not careful enough for the details as it is used to be. Both C and S did it until I started to use 303 Aerospace Protectant on wipers.

4-Keyless gets affected by magnetic fields. If you have your phone and keys too close or similar, it may not work. But if that's not the case, dealer visit is the way to go.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:45 PM

Great didn't even know about the Volume adjustment I'll try that. And sounds like the cold start is common. The wiper issue is pretty embarrassing when I get into a scion and it runs smoother on the glass
Old 02-11-2016, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by blackedbenzo
Great didn't even know about the Volume adjustment I'll try that. And sounds like the cold start is common. The wiper issue is pretty embarrassing when I get into a scion and it runs smoother on the glass
Wiper chatter isn't universal. Mine have never done this. BUT and it's a big but, I believe the windshield prep from the factory leaves a film residue that requires a very strong cleaning when you take delivery of the car. One of the first things I did when I got my car was to take isopropyl alcohol on a towel and clean the windshield with all my strength.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw
Wiper chatter isn't universal. Mine have never done this. BUT and it's a big but, I believe the windshield prep from the factory leaves a film residue that requires a very strong cleaning when you take delivery of the car. One of the first things I did when I got my car was to take isopropyl alcohol on a towel and clean the windshield with all my strength.
I'll say that the volume adjustment is muchhhhh better. Thank you all for that. I'll try the isopropyl this weekend and give it a whirl next rain. Here in California that may be like... Next year sometime though
Old 02-11-2016, 11:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 C400, 03' C240, '79 240D
3 - I remember taking some clients out when my C400 was only a couple weeks old. I'd actually never even used the wipers before that day but sure enough the light rain caused the wipers to chatter incessantly. A little embarrassing for a new car but luckily after a few rain showers the wipers quieted down to normal. I assume it's maybe a wax coating applied to the wipers - similar to what they do to tires to prevent them from drying out while they wait to be used.