C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Send2Benz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 11:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C300 4Matic
Send2Benz

Do I need to do anything in the car after sending am address using send2benz?

I've tried sending addresses from web, from MercedesMe app, but the addresses don't end up in the Navi unit. I have the Mbrace membership

Any pointers?
Old 02-15-2017, 11:45 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 C300
which app do you use?

does your app connect to the car?

both my mercedes me and companion work with send2benz.

i do get a notification from my phone every time i start the car (takes about 1-2 mins after start).

did you register for mbrace? first 5 years is free with a new car.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:53 PM

2015 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by NYbenzzz
which app do you use?

does your app connect to the car?

both my mercedes me and companion work with send2benz.

i do get a notification from my phone every time i start the car (takes about 1-2 mins after start).

did you register for mbrace? first 5 years is free with a new car.
Using the Mercedes Me app, I can locate and unlock it, so yeah app is connecting to the car.

The App says address successfully sent to the car. In Navi, where do you get the sent address? I tried in recently found, PoI etc, nothing.

I registered because 2015 C300 only had 3 months free.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:39 AM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by ravneetg
The App says address successfully sent to the car. In Navi, where do you get the sent address? I tried in recently found, PoI etc, nothing.
In my car a notification window pops up on the screen a few seconds after starting the car asking if I want to accept the sent address and input in navigation. That window pops up regardless of what mode it is in (media, radio, nav, etc).
Old 02-16-2017, 10:45 AM

2015 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by jherm
In my car a notification window pops up on the screen a few seconds after starting the car asking if I want to accept the sent address and input in navigation. That window pops up regardless of what mode it is in (media, radio, nav, etc).
Hmmm, nothing on this end. The Mercedes Me app says "Address sent successfully".

I will go ahead and try setting up the app again to see if that makes a difference.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:12 PM

2015 C300 4Matic
Hmmm, nothing on this end. The Mercedes Me app says "Address sent successfully".

I will go ahead and try setting up the app again to see if that makes a difference.
OK, Is this available only in COMAND systems and not in Audio20?
Old 02-16-2017, 01:19 PM

Received 72 Likes on 66 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
only on comand, I have audio 20, I never get the address. also iPhone companion app works on comand only.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:20 PM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
C63S
OK, Is this available only in COMAND systems and not in Audio20?
I have COMAND. Perhaps Send2Benz only works with COMAND?
Old 02-16-2017, 01:21 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
C350e

After you sent it to the car (in fact you only sent it to the server) you need to go to the Mercedes apps in the car and start POI download.
From that app you can download any of the uploaded addresses into the car. When not downloaded they will disappear after a week or so.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350e
In my car 2 different scenarios happen (using iPhone)

- using Mercedes Me app only - searching address in the app and send to vehicle from there the pop-up screen appears in the car asking to confirm destination. Happens about 30s after starting the car.

- using google or apple maps - Find address - share with menu - mercedes me app. No pop up will appear in the car. Need to start POI download manually to get to the address send to car.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:40 PM

2015 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by GerritKw
After you sent it to the car (in fact you only sent it to the server) you need to go to the Mercedes apps in the car and start POI download.
From that app you can download any of the uploaded addresses into the car. When not downloaded they will disappear after a week or so.
Tried this. I have the Audio20 system and I am subscribed to Merceds Apps pacakge (HAVE to discontinue this, its useless).

I went into Mercedes Apps, and waited forever for it to connect (3g). Then went to POI downloads, and there were my Send2Benz Addresses sitting there.

So looks like you have to be a subscriber to Mercedes Apps package to do this?
Old 02-16-2017, 01:42 PM

2015 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by nl_benz
In my car 2 different scenarios happen (using iPhone)

- using Mercedes Me app only - searching address in the app and send to vehicle from there the pop-up screen appears in the car asking to confirm destination. Happens about 30s after starting the car.

- using google or apple maps - Find address - share with menu - mercedes me app. No pop up will appear in the car. Need to start POI download manually to get to the address send to car.

What system are you on? Audio20 or COMAND? Are you subscribed to Mercedes Apps package?

-For me from Mercedes Me app, I didnt get a prompt (yet), but I was able to see the addresses under PoI download in Mercedes Apps menu, after I connected to Mercedes App, which is painfully slow.

- I have not yet tried the google maps to Me app.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:16 PM

C350e
I've got COMAND.. the European apps thing is a bit different than in US and it's a company car so have no clue if there is a limit on the Mercedes me app functionality. Basically have a fully functional app with remote diagnostics, climate control and location information etc

only weird thing I noticed is this difference when sending location straight from Mercedes me app versus sharing from google or apple maps.
Often find myself looking up an address in google maps and then remembering to first go to the mercedesme app to type the address again and send from there. Going in the car through the menu, establish connection and selecting address is too slow. The pop up thing is brilliant. Just get in and start driving.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:17 PM

C350e
I've got COMAND.. the European apps thing is a bit different than in US and it's a company car so have no clue if there is a limit on the Mercedes me app functionality. Basically have a fully functional app with remote diagnostics, climate control and location information etc

only weird thing I noticed is this difference when sending location straight from Mercedes me app versus sharing from google or apple maps.
Often find myself looking up an address in google maps and then remembering to first go to the mercedesme app to type the address again and send from there. Going in the car through the menu, establish connection and selecting address is too slow. The pop up thing is brilliant. Just get in and start driving.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:18 PM

2015 C300 4Matic

Ah okay. EU makes all the difference, The Apps part is not free in US, had to buy the Mercedes App part at some $15/mo, and we get a very slow Verizon 3g on it, am gonna cancel it soon.

Thanks for the clarifications.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:36 PM

C350e
Just had to look it up to see the difference between EU and US. The Mercedes me portal offers 3 packages here:
- Vehicle settings (includes climate control, remote lock etc )
- Location services (geofencing and vehicle tracking, functions not actually in the app but I do have them available on the web portal)
- Live traffic information

Each package costs 99€ per year but it looks like I got three years included looking at the end date of my subscription.

If after that I would take all three it would cost 25€ a month. Not particularly cheap. Will enjoy it while it lasts (only have the car since December so still a while to go)
Old 02-16-2017, 11:23 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
C350e

I have COMAND and never had a popup telling me there is a new address waiting. I usually use the share function of Google maps to send the address to the Mercedes Me app. but sometimes it can't find an address.
I can upload more than 1 address this way and pickup the one i need with the POI download function.
Would love to see the popup though.
I am using the European version.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 265 Likes on 181 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic traded in for a 2022 E450 Coupe
Do I need to do anything in the car after sending am address using send2benz?

I've tried sending addresses from web, from MercedesMe app, but the addresses don't end up in the Navi unit. I have the Mbrace membership

Any pointers?

I just tried this for the first time using the mbrace app (Send2Benz)

When I started the car later in the day I had a pop up asking if I wanted to start routing to the new destination.

MY16 with COMAND (US)
Old 04-24-2017, 07:59 AM

C300
I have a 2017 C300. The send2benz feature is not working. My car came preeired for navi.
So I purchased the Garmin Pilot SD card. The navi works but the send2benz does not get the address. Any suggestions? I am using the Mercedes Me app. I have tried google with no luck.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes c220 4matic AMG line
if you dont have command and you want to see in my POI, you have to allow sharing internet on your iphone (not only usual Bluetooth connection)
Old 04-26-2017, 02:20 PM

GLC300W4
Originally Posted by Awdickerson
I have a 2017 C300. The send2benz feature is not working. My car came preeired for navi.
So I purchased the Garmin Pilot SD card. The navi works but the send2benz does not get the address. Any suggestions? I am using the Mercedes Me app. I have tried google with no luck.
the Mercedes me Send2Benz function stopped working since update 1.2. (for Audio20 systems)
If you want to use the functionality you can do it from http://maps.here.com
you will need to register the first time and have your vehicle VIN number handy.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:59 AM

2017 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by ismaguilar
the Mercedes me Send2Benz function stopped working since update 1.2. (for Audio20 systems)
If you want to use the functionality you can do it from http://maps.here.com
you will need to register the first time and have your vehicle VIN number handy.
There is no option to put in the VIN number, I just registered and was not able to connect it to the car.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:13 AM

GLC300W4
Originally Posted by Benzy300
There is no option to put in the VIN number, I just registered and was not able to connect it to the car.
Try it from a PC. The mobile site doesn't give you the option. Create a user profile in the desktop site, then you will be able to use it.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:48 AM

2017 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by ismaguilar
Try it from a PC. The mobile site doesn't give you the option. Create a user profile in the desktop site, then you will be able to use it.
yeah, thats exactly where I created the account, my next stop was to download the app and re-register.
I even tried to go back into the profile and change settings, no option for a VIN num
Old 08-29-2017, 11:03 AM

GLC300W4
Originally Posted by Benzy300
yeah, thats exactly where I created the account, my next stop was to download the app and re-register.
I even tried to go back into the profile and change settings, no option for a VIN num
Its there.
1) type any address in the find box
2) click Directions
3) click the Share icon un the bottom right corner of the menu
3) select "Send to car"
it will take you to the site.
The following users liked this post:
Benzy300 (08-29-2017)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.