C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Mercedes Benz of Ft. Lauderdale Sucks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 01:01 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 C300
Mercedes Benz of Ft. Lauderdale Sucks

I have been dealing with this place for 22 years, and it has cycled from good to bad many times. There was one time I had to call MB USA to get an appointment because they would not answer their phone. One time I had to drive there to make an appointment. It is now back to bad. I have to wait two weeks to get a service appointment with a loaner car. I would wait there for the repair, but they always take 3-4 days to fix anything. Their repair business is exploding - I wonder why...

P.S. My Jeep dealer always has a loaner car for all my walk-in repairs.

Last edited by hpilot; 02-21-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:12 PM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
That's awful.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:49 PM

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 C300 RWD Sport Premium
I've only been to MB of Coconut Creek and they treat me ok. Although I did have a problem with my SA not returning my calls. Eventually her voicemail was full and I had to call the manager. Just blast them on those stupid surveys.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Sorry to hear...

Are you sure they just don't like dealing with you...and maybe classify you as a "habitual complainer" or something?

Lucky for me my Mercedes dealership has ALWAYS treated me like a king, and have given me loaners even with non-scheduled service or non-warranty work...like getting the rear diffuser painted.

As for your Jeep dealer, besides the crappy transmissions I had to deal with when it came to my past Grand Cherokees, getting a loaner from Chrysler/Jeep was like pulling teeth. A big reason why I'll never buy a Jeep again.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 473 Posts
2016 C300
Or go the other way. Straight "10"s across the board, mention the SA and SM by name. They'll be fighting over who gets you when you book a service.

SAs are typically paid a low hourly rate, with the majority of their income coming from bonuses based on the survey score. Actually, it's just one question on the survey that counts. It's "Overall how satisfied were you?". ANYTHING LESS THAN A 10 is a FAILED SURVEY. It doesn't matter how high the other stuff scored, or if you wrote a nice note in the comments. A Failed survey gets put into the SAs monthly score as a "0", which kills their average, and the bonus. You've probably noticed your SA is a stressed out basket case. That's why.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:10 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by MASSC450
Sorry to hear...

Are you sure they just don't like dealing with you...and maybe classify you as a "habitual complainer" or something?

Lucky for me my Mercedes dealership has ALWAYS treated me like a king, and have given me loaners even with non-scheduled service or non-warranty work...like getting the rear diffuser painted.

As for your Jeep dealer, besides the crappy transmissions I had to deal with when it came to my past Grand Cherokees, getting a loaner from Chrysler/Jeep was like pulling teeth. A big reason why I'll never buy a Jeep again.
LOL! Yes, I am demanding, but this place is too big to remember me. Sounds like you got a good dealer.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:13 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by Mike5215
Or go the other way. Straight "10"s across the board, mention the SA and SM by name. They'll be fighting over who gets you when you book a service.

SAs are typically paid a low hourly rate, with the majority of their income coming from bonuses based on the survey score. Actually, it's just one question on the survey that counts. It's "Overall how satisfied were you?". ANYTHING LESS THAN A 10 is a FAILED SURVEY. It doesn't matter how high the other stuff scored, or if you wrote a nice note in the comments. A Failed survey gets put into the SAs monthly score as a "0", which kills their average, and the bonus. You've probably noticed your SA is a stressed out basket case. That's why.
I have no problems with my SA, but he doesn't control when I can get an appointment, or if a loaner car is available.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C450
When I had my BMW, I often had to schedule my services out 4 weeks if I wanted a loaner. I am actually pleasantly surprised with 2 weeks. I am sorry that is not working for you, however.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 473 Posts
2016 C300
Yeah, I guess when I call for a service appointment for routine maintenance I just ask for the first available date when a loaner is available since it's not urgent. For a breakdown they've always made a loaner available, either that day or the next.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:14 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by hpilot
I have been dealing with this place for 22 years, and it has cycled from good to bad many times. There was one time I had to call MB USA to get an appointment because they would not answer their phone. One time I had to drive there to make an appointment. It is now back to bad. I have to wait two weeks to get a service appointment with a loaner car. I would wait there for the repair, but they always take 3-4 days to fix anything. Their repair business is exploding - I wonder why...

P.S. My Jeep dealer always has a loaner car for all my walk-in repairs.
Thanks for the warning. I've bought two Mercs at and had the service done by MB - Pembroke Pines............no issues; no complaints. Actually pretty good damn service from the both the guy who sold me both and the 3 different SAs I've had.

Still, I'm closer to the Greater Ft. Lauderdale dealership and routinely (every few weeks) go to MB FTL for courtesy wash when I don't feel like going to my local dude or plan to be in the area of the dealership. At least they do that well, inside, outside, vacuum, armor-all........the whole nine yards.

However, had thoughts of one day getting a vehicle from MB FTL since it appears to be a well-run dealership from the outside looking in......not so much anymore.

On the other hand, while the dealership you purchase from will try to convince they absolutely have to do the service (bulls---!), my understanding is we can go to any one for service. In other words, after the sale they are all in open competition w/each other for your service cash, so maybe you can take it to Coco Creek, Delray, Pompano, or Pines??
Old 08-29-2017, 06:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C300
MB Ft. Lauderdale are all a**holes

Drove to that dealer after reserving a car a day ahead. They told me they're going to pull the keys and put them aside for me and put a reserved sign in the car for me. Thought that was great. Drove over an hour to the dealer to find the car parked outside with someone else's name in the dash. Went inside and asked why someone else's name was in the dash and they said it was from a few days ago. So I went into the sales office and started the buying process. After spending 2 hours in the dealer, my salesman got pulled from the finance office. He came back in and asked if I liked any other color cars or have any color combos I liked. I thought that was strange and replied with " No, I'll take the car I'm buying, thanks." He then proceeded to tell me that someone else just bought the car. WHAT ?! Are you *******g kidding?! Someone came in after I did and bought it. They told me they forgot it was reserved. The GM then got nasty and I went OFF. Called MBUSA Corporate and they were shocked. They had MB Ft. Laud call me but ended up having the manager tell me to **** off. What customer service they had. Gave my business to MB Cutler Bay instead. A world of a difference.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:52 PM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
Originally Posted by markjax
Drove to that dealer after reserving a car a day ahead. They told me they're going to pull the keys and put them aside for me and put a reserved sign in the car for me. Thought that was great. Drove over an hour to the dealer to find the car parked outside with someone else's name in the dash. Went inside and asked why someone else's name was in the dash and they said it was from a few days ago. So I went into the sales office and started the buying process. After spending 2 hours in the dealer, my salesman got pulled from the finance office. He came back in and asked if I liked any other color cars or have any color combos I liked. I thought that was strange and replied with " No, I'll take the car I'm buying, thanks." He then proceeded to tell me that someone else just bought the car. WHAT ?! Are you *******g kidding?! Someone came in after I did and bought it. They told me they forgot it was reserved. The GM then got nasty and I went OFF. Called MBUSA Corporate and they were shocked. They had MB Ft. Laud call me but ended up having the manager tell me to **** off. What customer service they had. Gave my business to MB Cutler Bay instead. A world of a difference.
Sad.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:13 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by markjax
That doesn't surprise me. The only reason I go there is that it is the closest, and they give me a loaner (sometimes), and have all my records and special warranties (tires etc.). The service reps are mostly OK. I'll have to see about Cutler Bay.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:26 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
E class, C class
I have to wait two weeks to get a service appointment with a loaner car. s.
That is pretty much the case here for service appointments for all dealers in Sydney.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 265 Likes on 181 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic traded in for a 2022 E450 Coupe
That doesn't surprise me. The only reason I go there is that it is the closest, and they give me a loaner (sometimes), and have all my records and special warranties (tires etc.). The service reps are mostly OK. I'll have to see about Cutler Bay.
Any dealer should have computer access to all service records and warranties.