C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Does disconnecting battery erase all the driver settings and radio settings?

Old 03-12-2005, 03:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 GL550
Does disconnecting battery erase all the driver settings and radio settings?

If the dealer decides to fix the tranny jerk, they might disconnect the battery. I was wondering if disconnecting the battery clears the driver settings and radio settings. If it does, I should probably write those down so it'll be easier to put them back in later. The settings I'm referring to is the stored radio stations, audio settings (factory COMAND), convenience settings, etc. Are the seat and mirror settings stored in the key?

Thanks.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:34 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by bnz616
If the dealer decides to fix the tranny jerk, they might disconnect the battery. I was wondering if disconnecting the battery clears the driver settings and radio settings. If it does, I should probably write those down so it'll be easier to put them back in later. The settings I'm referring to is the stored radio stations, audio settings (factory COMAND), convenience settings, etc. Are the seat and mirror settings stored in the key?

Thanks.
I have disconnected my battery a few times, my radio setting and all info in my nav and my seats did not get erased.