C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

NeedsWings Intercooler Fluid Isolation Kit c32

Old 11-24-2009, 09:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 '02
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
i bought the jake's code3 IC. i didnt notice a difference. I only bought since he was selling it cheaper then the oem one and he threw me a really good deal on a ec 185mm pulley.
cool, at least we know it works, just not OOTB...
Old 05-07-2010, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
Im pretty sure Im going to buy the Needswings Intercooler Fluid Isolation Kit, but I have a few questions...

where does it actually split them into two? Im a little lost at where you place the shut off valves because wouldnt that mean that the IC pump is only working for one?

sorry if its a dumb question, Im just trying to figure it out...

maybe some pics could help me, Im a visual learner haha
Old 09-27-2014, 01:31 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
C 32 AMG & FG2 Civic Si
reviving an old thread... how and what does the isolation kit help with the c32? just keeps the intercooler fluid cooler? what happens when that becomes really hot? won't that mean it will take longer for it to cool down since it isn't being mixed in with the other coolant?

sorry, i don't know much about cooling systems at all.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32
This kit is a must for anyone.......even those who are stock. These cars should have come from the factory with the systems separated.

quite simple........with the stock set up the engine coolant and the coolant from the intercooler system (intercooler and heat exchanger) are all connected. As a result the coolant gets hotter faster (and stays hotter) in the intercooler system making it less effective cooling the air charge.

By using this proven kit it allows you to use 2 valves and make the systems independent. This means the engine is no longer heating the intercooler system coolant and your intercooler system does a better job cooling the air charge. REALLY helps with heat soak in summer and during longer harder drives.

I have one for sale in the classifieds if interested. Brand new, I ended up going with another tank instead to separate the systems. Let me know.

Marc

Originally Posted by ez53436
reviving an old thread... how and what does the isolation kit help with the c32? just keeps the intercooler fluid cooler? what happens when that becomes really hot? won't that mean it will take longer for it to cool down since it isn't being mixed in with the other coolant?

sorry, i don't know much about cooling systems at all.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55
I agree that it is an absolute must to separate the engine and intercooler fluid on our cars, but if you're going to go that far, I think you'd be an idiot to not get a separate reservoir for the intercooler. I know Rob says this isn't necessary, but I just have to disagree.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 c32
I have done some searching, and have kind of come up empty. There are those that say a separate reservoir is better than just adding this isolation kit, but whats a recommended reservoir that will drop in without too much fabrication? Will this kit also be needed when adding a larger reservoir or would simply routing the hoses differently during install take car of that?
Old 09-15-2016, 05:00 PM

Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts
'08 S550 P3; Golf Carts; MT Bike; Scooters
Reviving an old thread for the sake of those still driving and improving the C32 supercharger cooling system. Here's some info and stats from splitting the system the easy way for the faithful.

Status: 2003 C32 / 127K miles. Just replaced the charge air cooler under the SC, because the stock one was leaking, added the baked potato wrap, and just created a split cooling system for $10 and NO fabrication! read on...

The Cooler must be replaced if leaking. I bought a SpeeDriven one for $950 shipped that came with new gasket and bolts. It had a small problem with the brackets being 1/16" in the wrong place, but a little grinding fixed it.

I also did the 'baked potato wrap' where the cooler is insulated with sticky back insulating heat shield. This slows the engine temps from affecting the cooler, and intake air temperatures. I'm sure it helped, but have no data to support it.

Last, and best, is the split cooling system for $10. How? Buy a 3/4" brass ball valve and 2 hose clamps at your big box builder store. Cut the hose at the front of the coolant reservoir (toward front of car) as it dives down to the fender liner. Insert the valve and clamp in place.
Now go for a drive with the valve open to allow the air to purge. Now close the valve. Done.

You still have a pressurized IC SC cooling system, but only a single line (the 5/16" bleed line at top) that allows coolant expansion and contraction, but no flow of water.

Results: valve open I'm 30-40 degrees higher than ambient; valve closed 15-25 degrees higher than ambient. And I can bleed the system any time, or disable it, and not worry about a bunch of fittings, hoses and clamps. I'll see if I can get a picture of the valve in the line, but you get the idea.

Now I need to figure out how to do this on my SL55, which has completely different plumbing.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz W203 AMG MOD,2016 Lexus GSF, 2006 Mercedes Benz E350, 2004 BMW 325i, 2016 Ducatti Mons
I build my own separate system for my supercharger heat-exchanger/intercooler. previously, I used the valves which most people here know about.
My mod is relatively easy, but I highly emphasize to have the two systems separate. I basically found a very nice reservoir for my system which made the whole mod look quite unique. Used most of the stock hoses, and I went with just the Chiller Fluid water mixed) which can be purchase from Amazon.com.

Greetings