C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

RS32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 02:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320 & C32 ******* Child
Originally Posted by francoisisp
keep me on the mailing list for that one, i plan on keeping my 32 till the weels fall off resale value is crap i would rather make a golf cart out of it than sell it, that 6 speed might be verry interesting
Well,

Go buy a "Z", I hear they are still dirt cheap over in the States.

At the moment restored examples here, the UK, and Japan are fetching upwards of $30,000 to one that I heard of for close to $100K !

Store it away, and then when your C32 has had its day, build one like I am, by then all the engineering will be done and available LOL

Seriously though, when this is ready, I wont have a problem sharing the adaptor CAD and also the Jig Cad required to mount the 2 items in place to allow alloy welding of the sections.

Cheers

John
Old 10-31-2011, 06:38 AM

Hi guys,

I felt so bad not being a Benz owner that today I went out and got a new drive car.

Now at least I don't feel like I'm totally out of my place.

Cheers

John
Attached Thumbnails RS32-1.jpg   RS32-2.jpg   RS32-4.jpg  
Old 10-31-2011, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by Sirpent
Hi guys,

I felt so bad not being a Benz owner that today I went out and got a new drive car.

Cheers

John
Great looking CLK, looks to be in great condition.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:20 PM

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts
Multiple
Hi guys,

Cheers

John
Nice car, congratulations! Why do you have a bath mat for the passenger seat?!?
Old 10-31-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by xxaarraa
Nice car, congratulations! Why do you have a bath mat for the passenger seat?!?
LMAO

The car was owned by an old fella who had only done 80,000 Km's (50K Miles) in the car and he had tailor made sheep skin seat covers in it.

I dont intend on keeping them, apart from a few stone chips to the bonnet its immaculate, Im having the windows tinted, and a service and tune done and will pick it up from the dealer in the next few days.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:57 AM

Picked up my New Toy, but sadly can only enjoy it for the weekend as I'm away in another state for a week as of Monday
Attached Thumbnails RS32-b1_opt.jpg  
Old 11-06-2011, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Picked up my New Toy, but sadly can only enjoy it for the weekend as I'm away in another state for a week as of Monday
Any plans for an engine swap in the near future? Maybe an m113k or an m112k engine, lol.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e36 318i, 2004 sti
How hard would it be to make the C55 work with this 6 speed manual?
Old 11-10-2011, 10:41 PM

Sorry guys been away on business for 5 days straight and just got home an hour ago.

Originally Posted by MBfinatic
How hard would it be to make the C55 work with this 6 speed manual?
C32 = M112
C55 = M113

Basic difference is that it has 2 additional cylinders, but the rear of the block are identical.

You must remember however that in your case you would need the ECM totally reworked, I know someone mentioned a member who has cracked this problem in an earlier msg in this thread.

Originally Posted by loudandheard
Any plans for an engine swap in the near future? Maybe an m113k or an m112k engine, lol.
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, No, this is my everyday drive car for work, it would be nice but I'd rather spend the bucks on the "Z" and get it up and running.

Nice thought though
Old 11-10-2011, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e36 318i, 2004 sti
C55 with a manual would be the coolest thing on the planet
Old 11-18-2011, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by MBfinatic
C55 with a manual would be the coolest thing on the planet
After a C32 (engine) with a 6 speed in a chassis 3/4 the weight
Old 11-03-2012, 03:39 AM

Well it’s been a long time between drinks, but yes I am still around and the project isn’t dead, was just put on hold while I embedded myself into my new job which meant a load of travel and little time for anything else.

Anyhow, there has been movement in the past few weeks as on the 17th and 18th 0f this month a bunch of guys off the Auszcar forum will be coming around for the chassis building day bringing to life the chassis design I did some time ago now.

In preparation, I’ve got on with making some final structural and component decisions, the major one being getting the adaptor design I conceived produced and mounted, the guys I chose to do this are a mob known as Alloy Racing Components here in Melbourne Australia http://www.alloyrace.com/index.php

I've told John that a couple of you are interested in the conversion, well all going well, once all the geomatry is done and digitised, he will be able to produce the kit, watch this space.

They also produce and construct a lot of street and strip gear, having made a drivetrain trolley, I mounted the engine and T56 and drove it 40 miles across town dropped it off and spent some time with John the owner, 3 pics below show the engine and trans coming off the utility, and the other 2 examples of the twin plate clutch and custom alloy flywheel similar to what will be going into mine, I will post pics of the work they do as they forward them onto me.

Along with the engine and trans, I needed to make a decision on the rack and pinion set up into the car as I won’t be using the original S30 cross member and I now will have some room to play with, a lot of guys use Subaru or BMW racks, but my hunting came across something more local.

Below is a pic of a rack out of the Australian FG series Ford Falcon G6ET, this is a pretty refined piece of kit which boasts variable-ratio functionality, for optimum low-speed steering sensitivity and a more relaxed tiller at higher speeds with 2.6 turns lock to lock, this mirrors the S30 to the “T”

The setup is produced by Australian company Bishop Steering Technology who are suppliers of similar set ups to Porsche and BMW, the only issue of any note is that the LCA pivot points on the S30 are 610mm apart, while this set up is 620mm, that’s about 3/8 of an inch which we don’t believe will cause any great issues as the mounting of the rack to counter any bump steer issues shouldn’t be too difficult.

I picked up a steel K frame out of a Benz S400, not easy to find as most of the modern Benz’s use alloy set up’s, this will be cannibalised and used as a fixed cross member welded into the chassis as it won’t be carrying the lower control arms or any other components on it.

The fuel tank has to go as where it currently sits is where I intend to run the mufflers on the car, so I came across an LPG donut tank, paid $5.50 for it on EBAY, retail on a new one is around $400.00 these things are pretty heavy however have a 65 litre wet capacity which is just over 17 gallons, the tank as seen below will sit in the spare wheel well, we will be cutting and access point in the upper face and fabricate a bolt on access panel which will carry an inductive fuel sender unit feed and return pipes along with internal fuel pump and sump, a filler neck inlet will be added to the tank also.

Another neat piece of kit was the NEW Saleen Mustang T56 cross member I scored out of the US for $50.00, this will give the mounting of the box a nice finish with proven functionality.

Well that’s about it, I will start posting more as things move towards the 17th and the boys at ARC send across pics of the production process.

Cheers John
Attached Thumbnails RS32-240z-rack_opt.jpg   RS32-photo3_opt.jpg   RS32-photo6_opt.jpg   RS32-15_opt.jpg   RS32-16_opt.jpg  

RS32-17_opt.jpg  
Old 11-03-2012, 03:44 AM

A few more
Attached Thumbnails RS32-photo14_opt.jpg   RS32-photo11_opt.jpg   RS32-b.jpg  
Old 11-03-2012, 08:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Porsche 2004 911
Uncanny ,I was just reading this thread last week.
Wow its awesome....great to post another one of those long updates.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
IF (er when) you execute the 6spd swap for the C32 and C55 crowd...... you could have a decent list of copy cats with the dream of shifting gears manually.

Thanks for letting us peak into a real-gear-head's shop/madness.... this is soo much more interesting than the usualy bolt-on/tune stuff so common with the high$$ marques.

____awaiting the next installment of yours_____
Old 11-03-2012, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by macbryanie
Uncanny ,I was just reading this thread last week.
Wow its awesome....great to post another one of those long updates.
A fellow Aussie , from my home town of all places !

You will definately have to fill me in on your upgrades as thats also slated down the track, once I get my hands on the Motec M600

Originally Posted by betrezra
IF (er when) you execute the 6spd swap for the C32 and C55 crowd...... you could have a decent list of copy cats with the dream of shifting gears manually.

Thanks for letting us peak into a real-gear-head's shop/madness.... this is soo much more interesting than the usualy bolt-on/tune stuff so common with the high$$ marques.

____awaiting the next installment of yours_____
Thats the nicest thing any one has ever said to me calling me a gear head although down south in this part of the world a gear head is a person who uses synthetic compounds to obtain a higher state of being LMAO

It's all good, a lot of folk down my way think Im on drugs, but as you will see in the coming week's, my madness will come to fruition, Im hoping that after the marriage of the engine and box are completed I will have it dry ice blasted and will then do a walk around video close and personal so you can all get a good look at the adaptor and general wears.

Cheers

John

Last edited by Sirpent; 11-03-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
No offense meant ..... Things don't always translate well..... Like the time I told my Scotsman co worker his hair was poofy.

Cool build
Old 11-04-2012, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by betrezra
No offense meant ..... Things don't always translate well..... Like the time I told my Scotsman co worker his hair was poofy.

Cool build
LOL Non taken at all

This isnt a Benz so Im taken aback by the acceptance of this Basta*d Child, and if I can crack this conversion of which I have no doubts it will be then all the better for anyone here contenplating the same.

Cheers

John

Last edited by Sirpent; 11-04-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
LOL Non taken at all

This isnt a Benz so Im taken aback by the acceptance of this Basta*d Child, and if I can crack this conversion of which I have no doubts it will be then all the better for anyone here contenplating the same.

Cheers

John
cars are cars and bring anyone with an eye for detail together. i was at a show saturday and saw a 240z with a right hand drive and 6 speed coupled with a gtr twin turbo engine!! 2800 lbs and 400 rwhp!!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
cars are cars and bring anyone with an eye for detail together. i was at a show saturday and saw a 240z with a right hand drive and 6 speed coupled with a gtr twin turbo engine!! 2800 lbs and 400 rwhp!!

Try 490 HP at the rear wheels !

This is Tom's car in Melbourne one of my forums mates.

This engine was built by Peter McDonell who was chief mechanic for Gibson Motor Sport who built and raced the Godzilla's in the Australian touring car championships in the 1990's.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.p...c,9948.90.html

There is also a video of the engine running for the first time in the thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxYt0...ature=youtu.be

Pete will be upgrading the gear on my motor including the Motec M600 set up, the C32 was rated as having 265 kW's or 360 Hp, with 450 Nm of torque, we will be aiming for at least 300 kW's or 408 Hp ( 210 kW's or 285 Hp at the rear wheels ) and in excess of 500 Nm of torque

Cheers

John

Last edited by Sirpent; 11-04-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:30 PM

Porsche 2004 911
Pete will be upgrading the gear on my motor
Spectator pass please
I will bring the coffee Sir.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by macbryanie
Spectator pass please
I will bring the coffee Sir.
Sorry no spectators passes, but you can have a Press pass as long as you put fingers to keyboard and post a report on here for the guys
Old 11-04-2012, 10:43 PM

Porsche 2004 911
Old 11-29-2012, 01:15 AM

Short but sweet update

A picture paints a thousand words, hopefully these will also prove I'm not full of sh*t and a dreamer.

Yes it's reality, a 6 speed AMG motor is coming to fuition, as far as I know the first ever.

The guys at ARC had been held up with a glut of projects, so unfortunately mine was held up 2 weeks.

The adaptor plate has been completed along with the machining of the Benz Bell housing and the photos below taken today show more or less the finished product, John and the boys have done a great job and I was smiles from ear to ear.

Came up against a problem with the way the c32 amg crank shaft position sensor on flex plate is set up, as you will note, there is a ring gear built into the assy, attempting to replicate this on a billet fly wheel along with the ring gear would have been complicated and also very expensive.

The boys examined the flex plate and determined it is overly engineered and in its unadulterated form that they can build a fly wheel that will sandwich onto the flex plate allowing for perfect alignment with the original mounting points and associated dowels.

So, in the next day or so the flywheel will be machined and I should have some pics of the assy including clutch assy for you all.

Cheers

John

P.S. The entire conversion will be available in kit form (Turn key no mods's required) I will let John at ARC get back to me and advise on updates.
Attached Thumbnails RS32-106opt.jpg   RS32-107opt.jpg   RS32-108opt.jpg   RS32-109opt.jpg  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
G320 CDI, C32 AMG Sportcoupe, GLK300 4MATIC
Subscribed!

This is like a "Norwegian crazy swap"!

I love it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RS32