C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

New Eurocharged SC Pulley w/ Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 08:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'02 325 xi; '02 C32; '90 ZX; '08 CBR 6RR, '86 V45 Magna
New Eurocharged SC Pulley w/ Tune

Question: is anyone currently running this set up? It looks like they are shipping pulleys on order now. I have some questions:
1. How has your vehicle responded (obvious answer w/ more no & torque - but I'm looking for detailed description)?
2. Can you live with it under normal driving conditions, ie, regular city driving, light to light, stop sign to stop sign (not spinning tires at every light)?
3. Under regular hwy conditions, ie, driving the speed limit, how does the car run?
4. Under normal driving conditions (hwy and city) what kind of effect is there on mpg?

I have other questions regarding their euro tuner and remote tuner cable if anyone has selected this option, let me know and I will follow up with additional questions.

Thanks for your input.
Scott
Old 11-16-2011, 09:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Porsche 2004 911
I’ve got it all installed etc. Wife drives the kiddies as a daily driver and it’s my toy on the weekends or Indy style late night milk runs, no issues with traction unless you mean it (turn off traction and stamp it). Mpg I never really take notice as only shuffling through the menu, driving highways I always use the cruise control as the car will always get away from me( pre tune aswell). Pulley and tune with the cooling goodies has made me a happy chap. Since I have had it tuned so far no car has kept up with it under WOT. (yet to meet my nemesis’s the late model evo's,hsv r8 and m3) It is a true stealth mobile now. The tuning side I had both euro and cable. The euro I had some issues however support was there in abundance and it was identified and addressed. The cable is the same deal however you have to schedule a time as opposed to tuning at your convenience. I don’t have particular details "dyno" etc, but the car is really a great deal of fun to be holding onto at speed.
I have no regrets whatsoever..... except for when I get home without milk, 2 hours later and that anxious, impending feeling of doom hits me....recapping my full throttle adventures...was that another speed camera that I passed?
Old 11-16-2011, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by macbryanie
I’ve got it all installed etc. Wife drives the kiddies as a daily driver and it’s my toy on the weekends or Indy style late night milk runs, no issues with traction unless you mean it (turn off traction and stamp it). Mpg I never really take notice as only shuffling through the menu, driving highways I always use the cruise control as the car will always get away from me( pre tune aswell). Pulley and tune with the cooling goodies has made me a happy chap. Since I have had it tuned so far no car has kept up with it under WOT. (yet to meet my nemesis’s the late model evo's,hsv r8 and m3) It is a true stealth mobile now. The tuning side I had both euro and cable. The euro I had some issues however support was there in abundance and it was identified and addressed. The cable is the same deal however you have to schedule a time as opposed to tuning at your convenience. I don’t have particular details "dyno" etc, but the car is really a great deal of fun to be holding onto at speed.
I have no regrets whatsoever..... except for when I get home without milk, 2 hours later and that anxious, impending feeling of doom hits me....recapping my full throttle adventures...was that another speed camera that I passed?
Great response! Thanks that's exactly the kind of knowledge I'm looking, however, would love to know more details regarding mpg under normal hwy driving.

Insofar as your remarks regarding the cable and eurotuner, can you describe the difference between the two. Also, are multiple maps provided such as for different Octanes and different driving demands (perhaps normal, Crazy, psycho and super psycho)?

I posed these questions to eurocharged via email though their website several times and no one ever responded. I essentially wanted to know, if I had a eurotuner or cable, can I essentially tune the car down or up depending on what mood i am in. Obviously, I know this can't be done while driving down the road. But, as I use the car as a daily driver and I do quite a bit of traveling on a weekly basis, I want to know if I can change the car from and tire smoking gas guzzling beast, to something lesser (as stock you burn tires and guzzle gas) and back.

Anymore input is much appreciated!
Old 11-16-2011, 11:13 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by link146
Great response! Thanks that's exactly the kind of knowledge I'm looking, however, would love to know more details regarding mpg under normal hwy driving.

Insofar as your remarks regarding the cable and eurotuner, can you describe the difference between the two. Also, are multiple maps provided such as for different Octanes and different driving demands (perhaps normal, Crazy, psycho and super psycho)?

I posed these questions to eurocharged via email though their website several times and no one ever responded. I essentially wanted to know, if I had a eurotuner or cable, can I essentially tune the car down or up depending on what mood i am in. Obviously, I know this can't be done while driving down the road. But, as I use the car as a daily driver and I do quite a bit of traveling on a weekly basis, I want to know if I can change the car from and tire smoking gas guzzling beast, to something lesser (as stock you burn tires and guzzle gas) and back.

Anymore input is much appreciated!
Sorry if we did not respond to your inquiries through our webpage. It seems as though we do not get them 100% of the time. We did get your email this morning though and will respond to it shortly!

To answer your question: If you wanted the ability to flash between files at your convenience, you would need to go with the EuroTuner. This would allow you to keep multiple files on your laptop for you to choose from.

The remote tuning cable allows us to flash your car remotely, but we install the flash ourselves and you do not get to keep the file on your computer. So, you would basically be limited to one file on your vehicle.

Most customers report an improvement of 1-2 mpg under daily driving with the tune
Old 11-16-2011, 11:25 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
/\ what he said....

Old 11-16-2011, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jerry@Eurocharged
Sorry if we did not respond to your inquiries through our webpage. It seems as though we do not get them 100% of the time. We did get your email this morning though and will respond to it shortly!

To answer your question: If you wanted the ability to flash between files at your convenience, you would need to go with the EuroTuner. This would allow you to keep multiple files on your laptop for you to choose from.

The remote tuning cable allows us to flash your car remotely, but we install the flash ourselves and you do not get to keep the file on your computer. So, you would basically be limited to one file on your vehicle.

Most customers report an improvement of 1-2 mpg under daily driving with the tune
Wow...hey thanks for the feedback. Yes, I did get a response to my email from Clint with further info as well. Thanks again.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:13 PM

As much as I appreciate a response directly from the company answering my questions, I am still eager to hear feedback from real world C32 owners and drivers. Your continued feedback, praises, concerns, criticisms, etc., would be much appreciated. If you have looked into the upgrades you know I'm not talking about pocket change. Just want to make an informed decision. Thanks fellas.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:51 PM
SPONSOR

As much as I appreciate a response directly from the company answering my questions, I am still eager to hear feedback from real world C32 owners and drivers. Your continued feedback, praises, concerns, criticisms, etc., would be much appreciated. If you have looked into the upgrades you know I'm not talking about pocket change. Just want to make an informed decision. Thanks fellas.
http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...y-2-order.html

http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...y-results.html

more xfire guys have them then the c32 guys...

(same engine)
Old 11-16-2011, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 porsche 996 turbo
as soon as jake builds my 63 mm pulley ill let you know how it works!! dont expect theres much mpg to be had though!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:39 PM

Porsche 2004 911
The car is very easy to live with mate; no jerky power surges, smooth acceleration. No issues in traffic any more than what you already have. Keep in mind the car is build for the autobahn not peak hour traffic. The product is as described: a bolt on mod that fits and works. Personally the support from Eurocharged is without fault. I dont think you would be able to find valid criticisms with them on this or any other forum. No negatives from me.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:44 PM

2002 Mercedes Benz C32
Hey Link...Is that Marlton, NJ? If so I live one town over and am also a C32 owner considering this mod. If you get it first I have to check it out before I have it done...and I get it done first than you can check it out...
Old 11-16-2011, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by speedracertjl
Hey Link...Is that Marlton, NJ? If so I live one town over and am also a C32 owner considering this mod. If you get it first I have to check it out before I have it done...and I get it done first than you can check it out...
Yup. You have a Silver 32? I've seen one around Springdale and 70 area as has my dad who lives around the corner. Haven't seen too many others in Philly suburb areas in Nj.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:28 AM

2002 Mercedes Benz C32
That's me, I think. I don't drive it very often as it is not my daily driver. What color is yours? Did you pick up the one at Cherry Hill Mercedes? How long have you had it and where do you get it serviced? Back on topic...I KNOW you will be very happy with even just a tune and a pulley as I have read nothing but rave reviews for this car being modded this way. I have yet to drive one modded though and would love to see the difference? Any Philly or South Jersey C32 owners out there with this done? We would love to take a ride.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:12 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
I've got a Supercharger Pulley, ECU Tune and TCU tune. The car is pretty docile in comfort mode while putting around town and extended highway trips. Put it in Sport or, even better Manual, and you've got a caged monster with your foot resting on the key to let it out. With all of my different driving styles I still average 17 mpg combined, 26.6 was my best highway while cruising.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:20 PM

Porsche 2004 911
Originally Posted by chris.bachman
I've got a Supercharger Pulley, ECU Tune and TCU tune. The car is pretty docile in comfort mode while putting around town and extended highway trips. Put it in Sport or, even better Manual, and you've got a caged monster with your foot resting on the key to let it out. With all of my different driving styles I still average 17 mpg combined, 26.6 was my best highway while cruising.
Its been a good while since your TCU tune (first to get it?): off topic : the tranny jerk is it still completely gone? I was suffering it however the new tune(SC) cleared it up, have a CPS ready to go in on next oil change soon. I am awaiting the release of remote compatability for the TCU tune. A couple of weeks ago Jerry advised he was getting there with it. I only have a slight tranny jerk until car is at temperature. Then it is smooth sailing. However assuming it will return at some stage.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:24 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
No transmission jerk whatsoever on my end. Just viscous shifts at 6500 RPM all day long.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:29 PM

Porsche 2004 911
No transmission jerk whatsoever on my end. Just viscous shifts at 6500 RPM all day long.
Music to my ears....

Last edited by macbryanie; 11-17-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:13 PM

I'm assuming you chose the pulley with ecu and tcu tune? Did u pull both and send out to be flashed? I know you have to for the tcu. I was wondering if you or anyone has chosen the eurotuner or remote tuner option, however, I am most intrigued by the eurotuner. The thing that bothers me is that with any of the above, your stuck with what you get and can't do any fine map tuning yourself. From what I understand, these tuning sessions can get quite pricey just to add a few new mods and freshen up the tune.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0 LS2 - Blue
Eurocharged provides free re-tunes for new modifications. I've had nothing but good experience 185MM and tune. Originally pulled ECU and sent off for tune at their shop. Second time around purchased the remote tuning cable, and went that route. Daily driving is normal as the vehicle was in it's original state. MPG seems to have taken a hit. I definitely had no improvements in that area under normal driving conditions. As for power difference it's big. Something you can't miss. No dyno needed to know you have more power...

My friend who has crossfire ran into some issues with Eurocharged. After he placed 178MM and custom manifolds Eurocharged was "reluctant" to retune his ECU. They requested dyno sheet which he provided. Re-tune didn't help. Vehicle was running lean and only putting out 250WHP on dyno. However, I suggested to him it's something else. Later down the road (after going with separate company to tune) he found his y-pipe clamp was loose allowing a boost leak.

We had scheduled re-tune of his vehicle over phone (twice) to which an email was also sent containing all of his modifications. Come day of remote re-tune they again asked what modifications were on his car... Due to the lack of horsepower and lean conditions Eurocharged insisted the manifolds were at fault, and stated they always cause a lean burn. It's my opinion that EC should have tried to troubleshoot more with him, and been more organized with his information regarding re-tune.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:52 PM

Porsche 2004 911

I have a squeak sound at initial acceleration; I have had a good look at the other posts regarding this as the S/C clutch however no real fix that i could see. I assume it is due to tension on the belt (OEM serpentine) I guess I will simply replace the (OEM) belt however may most likely continue. I can live with it so its not a big deal.. Any thoughts on the correct belt length suited for the 65mm? Have hit up eurocharged but haven’t gotten back to me as yet ,which is fine; they cannot be expected to reply to all queries. Any suggestions? Am I on the right path or is it the s/c clutch I should be focusing on?
Old 05-15-2015, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts
E63 SL55 996TT C5Z06
Originally Posted by macbryanie
I have a squeak sound at initial acceleration; I have had a good look at the other posts regarding this as the S/C clutch however no real fix that i could see. I assume it is due to tension on the belt (OEM serpentine) I guess I will simply replace the (OEM) belt however may most likely continue. I can live with it so its not a big deal.. Any thoughts on the correct belt length suited for the 65mm? Have hit up eurocharged but haven’t gotten back to me as yet ,which is fine; they cannot be expected to reply to all queries. Any suggestions? Am I on the right path or is it the s/c clutch I should be focusing on?
Mac - older thread here, but I wanted to ask what you found on the Squeak/Super Charger clutch situation? Did you have to replace the clutch or was it the supercharger pulley bearing??

I had that initial squeek for a few months, now its progressed to a constant chirping/squeak noise from the under the hood whenever i accelerate aggressively starting at 20mph and hear it up to about 70+mhp when the overall driving noise makes it too loud to hear.

if i drive it very casually with no aggressive acceleration you never hear the noise but am assuming the supercharger isnt really engaged at those lower rpm levels under casual driving which is why i cant hear the noise... hoping its the supercharger pulley bearing and not the clutch.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:26 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C32
Ok i have one question to the eurocharged guys.
When remote tuning,( im in south africa ) how to you know if the air to fuel ratios are good or bad etc. Do you have all this info through the cars sensors or something else?
Thanks
Old 05-18-2015, 04:56 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Dollos
Ok i have one question to the eurocharged guys.
When remote tuning,( im in south africa ) how to you know if the air to fuel ratios are good or bad etc. Do you have all this info through the cars sensors or something else?
Thanks
we tune all over the world on a daily basis and know the elevations/gas well. We can also gather data from the cars sensors and adjust accordingly.

Our euroflash software allows you to check that info as well.