Wheel go boom. - MBWorld.org Forums

Log In 


C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) Discuss the C32 and C55 AMG.

Sponsored by CARiD
Click Here


Wheel go boom.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 02-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
XdelaforceX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 26
Drives: 2006 C55 AMG
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wheel go boom.

Well, I guess it was inevitable. While on a trip to PA the other day, I hit something on 495 and my drivers side rear wheel went kaboom. Got a giant crack/bend on the lip, and the tire took a nice big tear as well.

Trying to find any good websites to order a replacement, as I haven't really found anything solid, all of the websites are so vague. Also wondering about doing a wheel set, and what offset I can run for aftermarket wheels. Thanks for the info dudes.
XdelaforceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
AMGnut88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wappingers Falls NY
Posts: 261
Drives: 1996 S420 2006 C55AMG 2002Mustang GT
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
http://www.allfactorywheels.com/prod...%22-65384.html heres a real wheel its pricey but we own AMGs so such is life
AMGnut88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #3
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 2,317
Drives: 06 C55, 09 E350
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
500 is cheap they usually list for about 1k per wheel, it may be aftermarket or used definitely not brand new from mb with that price tag.
JonMBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:33 AM   #4
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
XdelaforceX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 26
Drives: 2006 C55 AMG
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
so i found this: http://shop.wheelsrims.net/search.ht...&part_subtype=

I went ahead and ordered one. Hopefully it is available, and can get here in a timely manner.
XdelaforceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:34 AM   #5
Super Moderator
 
amdeutsch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: www.Traben-Trarbach.de
Posts: 15,274
Drives: MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMBZ View Post
500 is cheap they usually list for about 1k per wheel, it may be aftermarket or used definitely not brand new from mb with that price tag.
Condition: Alloy Refinished
amdeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #6
Super Member
 
mkonei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Delran, NJ
Posts: 695
Drives: 05 C55
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XdelaforceX View Post
Well, I guess it was inevitable. While on a trip to PA the other day, I hit something on 495 and my drivers side rear wheel went kaboom. Got a giant crack/bend on the lip, and the tire took a nice big tear as well.

Trying to find any good websites to order a replacement, as I haven't really found anything solid, all of the websites are so vague. Also wondering about doing a wheel set, and what offset I can run for aftermarket wheels. Thanks for the info dudes.

That is the exact reason I only drive a Hyundai into Phila. I destroyed two 19" wheels in my 540 by Penns Landing a few years ago, and learned my lesson.
mkonei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #7
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,955
Drives: 2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkonei View Post
That is the exact reason I only drive a Hyundai into Phila. I destroyed two 19" wheels in my 540 by Penns Landing a few years ago, and learned my lesson.
Philly roads are bad, no getting around it... but I managed to pick up a bend in the lip of my driver's side 18" forged Monolite on the pothole minefield in NJ just east of the Ben Franklin as you follow 70 towards Cherry Hill.

Fortunately the tire didn't "go boom," but I do need to find a reputable wheel repair place to fix my wheel. Probably have the other 3 refinished at the same time, so everything matches. Got a referral to a place that's supposed to be great in NY, but would prefer something that's not 2 hours away if at all possible. Any ideas?

Sorry for the admitted thread-jack, OP.
c32AMG-DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #8
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
XdelaforceX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 26
Drives: 2006 C55 AMG
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM View Post
Philly roads are bad, no getting around it... but I managed to pick up a bend in the lip of my driver's side 18" forged Monolite on the pothole minefield in NJ just east of the Ben Franklin as you follow 70 towards Cherry Hill.

Fortunately the tire didn't "go boom," but I do need to find a reputable wheel repair place to fix my wheel. Probably have the other 3 refinished at the same time, so everything matches. Got a referral to a place that's supposed to be great in NY, but would prefer something that's not 2 hours away if at all possible. Any ideas?

Sorry for the admitted thread-jack, OP.
hey man, not a problem at all. if anything, it helps people gain resources for the information we are all looking for. just think of it like a parking lot discussion at a meet or something! anyhow, here is a photo of the damage, notice the distance between the hole in the tire, and the bend in the rim. sucks.
XdelaforceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #9
Super Member
 
mkonei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Delran, NJ
Posts: 695
Drives: 05 C55
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wheel Works fixed my TSWs from my 540. Small place, 10 minutes north of the Burlington Bristol Bridge. Did a nice job on the repair, but I did not get anything refinished, the bend was on the inside.

Wheel Works
1703 Route 130 N, Burlington, NJ 08016
(609) 387-4488.
mkonei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #10
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Bay, Bay Area
Posts: 1,884
Drives: 2002 C32, 2012 S550
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XdelaforceX View Post
so i found this: http://shop.wheelsrims.net/search.ht...&part_subtype=

I went ahead and ordered one. Hopefully it is available, and can get here in a timely manner.
For that price, they HAVE to be replica's if you care....
Gramma_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #11
Member
 
mgiannetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Monmouth Junction, NJ
Posts: 227
Drives: '06 C55, '14 Audi S4, '09 Range Rover Sport, '07 Lexus ES350,
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM View Post
Philly roads are bad, no getting around it... but I managed to pick up a bend in the lip of my driver's side 18" forged Monolite on the pothole minefield in NJ just east of the Ben Franklin as you follow 70 towards Cherry Hill.

Fortunately the tire didn't "go boom," but I do need to find a reputable wheel repair place to fix my wheel. Probably have the other 3 refinished at the same time, so everything matches. Got a referral to a place that's supposed to be great in NY, but would prefer something that's not 2 hours away if at all possible. Any ideas?

Sorry for the admitted thread-jack, OP.
I've used this place:

http://johnnydents.com/services

They are in Pennsaukin. John (owner) is a very nice guy. Rim came out very good - better than the first guy who repaired it who could not match the paint.

The other place I know that has a good reputation is:

http://www.wheelcollision.com/wccsvcs.html

I did not use them as I did not like their attitude on the phone. I had a "minor rash" - something so minor most people would not bother to fix it - and they would not even engage in a discussion about price. They were one price no matter the damage. Pissed me off so I went to John's place. It has held up well - been about a year and looks as it did when they repaired it.

Good luck.
mgiannetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #12
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,955
Drives: 2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgiannetto View Post
I've used this place:

http://johnnydents.com/services

They are in Pennsaukin. John (owner) is a very nice guy. Rim came out very good - better than the first guy who repaired it who could not match the paint.

The other place I know that has a good reputation is:

http://www.wheelcollision.com/wccsvcs.html

I did not use them as I did not like their attitude on the phone. I had a "minor rash" - something so minor most people would not bother to fix it - and they would not even engage in a discussion about price. They were one price no matter the damage. Pissed me off so I went to John's place. It has held up well - been about a year and looks as it did when they repaired it.

Good luck.
Great info - thanks, much appreciated. I'd forgotten about Wheel Collision - I've heard good things about them as well, and they're not too far. Thanks again.
c32AMG-DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HRE FLOW FORM SPECIALS ARE BACK VividRacing W212 AMG 11 12-30-2015 06:33 PM
FS: W212 E63 19" Forged wheels and tires TheVazha Wheels and Tires 10 11-09-2015 12:20 PM
Vossen wheels | Authorized Dealer | Saudi Arabia / GCC | E550 AMG LuxuryAutoKSA E-Class (W212) 3 09-19-2015 08:08 PM
HRE FLOW FORM SPECIALS ARE BACK VividRacing GLA45 AMG 0 09-02-2015 02:37 PM


Tags
130, boom, burlington, car, chrome, full, johnnydents, nj, pennsauken, place, real, reviews, rim, wheels, wheelsrimsnet


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 AM.


Copyright 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved.