C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

My c32 has 410 hp but I don't know how

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32 amg
My c32 has 410 hp but I don't know how

Hi,I'm a newbie to this though I've been looking through this forum for some time now.I bought my c32 in March after looking for one for more than 6 months..Here's my dilemma..When I bought it,the seller said it had 410hp and close to 500nM,but couldn't find the paperwork to verify it..I'd test driven a few before this so knew it wasn't stock..He said he'd forward the paperwork to me.....I'm still waiting...
I've done a lot of web searching and am now pretty certain it's has a code3 pulley and intake but this certainly doesn't make up the numbers..I think it might have had an ECU tune but I don't know..Can anybody help??
Old 01-04-2013, 09:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C32 AMG
Probably has Headers too.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:00 PM

SLk300; S500; BMW 335i.
You bought a car without a PPI or first seeing the paperwork ?
Get a dyno to see how much power it really has
Old 01-05-2013, 04:41 AM

c32 amg
Originally Posted by persian54
You bought a car without a PPI or first seeing the paperwork ?
Get a dyno to see how much power it really has
Not sure what you mean by PPI? I got all the relevant paperwork including some MB history MOT etc but not mods paperwork..I could see he had spent money on it like lowered suspension,AMG quad pipes and a few other things....And to be honest I'd had the money sitting in the bank for so long and seen so many mercs this one looked like the one for me
Old 01-05-2013, 05:11 AM

SLk300; S500; BMW 335i.
Originally Posted by bigelv
Not sure what you mean by PPI? I got all the relevant paperwork including some MB history MOT etc but not mods paperwork..I could see he had spent money on it like lowered suspension,AMG quad pipes and a few other things....And to be honest I'd had the money sitting in the bank for so long and seen so many mercs this one looked like the one for me

PPI:
Pre-Purchase Inspection

Having a shop check the car thoroughly prior to you making a decision on the car. Would usually reveal and answer the questions you have (what's on the car, what's missing, what's broken, what's in good shape, etc).

i would recommend getting a dyno so you know the true numbers... and while you're at it, have a shop do a full inspection so you know what the car has and doesn't have
Old 01-05-2013, 05:33 AM

c32 amg
Originally Posted by persian54
PPI:
Pre-Purchase Inspection

Having a shop check the car thoroughly prior to you making a decision on the car. Would usually reveal and answer the questions you have (what's on the car, what's missing, what's broken, what's in good shape, etc).

i would recommend getting a dyno so you know the true numbers... and while you're at it, have a shop do a full inspection so you know what the car has and doesn't have
Ok I see now...I should've perhaps done a PPI but at a cost of over £300 I couldn't afford it on top of the sellers price...I've had it almost a year now and only had a couple problems with it...SC bearings and a cracked manifold and what seems to be a bit of wear on the anti roll bar...Nothing major for a car of this age and performance
Old 01-05-2013, 11:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W209 CLK55 AMG Kompressor, ATV BRP 800 CAN-AM
Hi,I'm a newbie to this though I've been looking through this forum for some time now.I bought my c32 in March after looking for one for more than 6 months..Here's my dilemma..When I bought it,the seller said it had 410hp and close to 500nM,but couldn't find the paperwork to verify it..I'd test driven a few before this so knew it wasn't stock..He said he'd forward the paperwork to me.....I'm still waiting...
I've done a lot of web searching and am now pretty certain it's has a code3 pulley and intake but this certainly doesn't make up the numbers..I think it might have had an ECU tune but I don't know..Can anybody help??
I Saw one C32 with Eurocharged Sc pulley+Ecu tune+K&N FIlter with almost 411hp,hope this could give u an idea +
I would recommend taking it to a dyno - they will be able to tell you wether the vehicle has been tuned or not via air fuel ratio and the top speed limits
Old 01-05-2013, 12:18 PM

c32 amg
Originally Posted by chicho55amg
I Saw one C32 with Eurocharged Sc pulley+Ecu tune+K&N FIlter with almost 411hp,hope this could give u an idea +
I would recommend taking it to a dyno - they will be able to tell you wether the vehicle has been tuned or not via air fuel ratio and the top speed limits
Have only got standard filters at the moment..Not sure on whether to get KN's or green filters..Do you have any idea what the dimensions of the Eurocharged SC pulley is..Dyno in a couple weeks
Old 01-05-2013, 12:33 PM

Have only got standard filters at the moment..Not sure on whether to get KN's or green filters..Do you have any idea what the dimensions of the Eurocharged SC pulley is..Dyno in a couple weeks
Eurocharged has 2 pulleys : 61mm / 64.7mm in diameter vs 73.6mm stock, the c32 im talking about has the 61mm,well i have the k&n and they are pretty good
Old 01-05-2013, 12:42 PM

c32 amg
Eurocharged has 2 pulleys : 61mm / 64.7mm in diameter vs 73.6mm stock, the c32 im talking about has the 61mm,well i have the k&n and they are pretty good
Thanks for the quick reply..I'll keep you posted on dyno results
Old 01-05-2013, 12:44 PM

Thanks for the quick reply..I'll keep you posted on dyno results
Welcome ! Anytime
Old 01-05-2013, 04:36 PM

C55
probably pulling your leg.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55
Theoretically it's possible as long as you're talking at the crank. Especially if whatever dyno he used to get those results was one of the one's that's generous.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:05 PM

c32 amg
Originally Posted by 02C32guy
Theoretically it's possible as long as you're talking at the crank. Especially if whatever dyno he used to get those results was one of the one's that's generous.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:31 PM

c32 amg
Finally got the car on a rolling road yesterday..I knew it wasn't going to be great news when you said about the pulley sizes....But it wasn't too bad.

345 hp at the flywheel and 286rwhp with 345 ft lbs...The guys at Surrey Rolling Rd said its probably running at 365ish as the car looses a fair bit of power through the tranny...I'm guessing the extra hp and torque is from the quad pipes and intake..

Oh well,I'm sure I'm not the first to be stung by a seller and definitely not the last..Still absolutely love the car...Makes me smile every time I get behind the wheel
Old 01-17-2013, 04:18 PM

Finally got the car on a rolling road yesterday..I knew it wasn't going to be great news when you said about the pulley sizes....But it wasn't too bad.

345 hp at the flywheel and 286rwhp with 345 ft lbs...The guys at Surrey Rolling Rd said its probably running at 365ish as the car looses a fair bit of power through the tranny...I'm guessing the extra hp and torque is from the quad pipes and intake..

Oh well,I'm sure I'm not the first to be stung by a seller and definitely not the last..Still absolutely love the car...Makes me smile every time I get behind the wheel
Even its not a bad dyno number,a stock c32 is 349hp. U Have true dual ?
If u can post a pic for the car from now and for the intake ur talking about. Keep it up while
Old 01-17-2013, 04:42 PM

c32 amg
The dual CAI looks good but sadly i dont have that. Looks like a code 3intake....

Last edited by bigelv; 01-17-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:50 PM

C32, 911 SC
Though your TQ number is high, your RWHP is in line with 100% stock C32s (It also depends on which dyno you ran it in). My then stock 32 dynoed 297 rwhp and 300 rwtq.

Either way, dyno run is not an accurate way of measuring power, it is good for measuring how much hp you've gained stock vs modified. Trap speed is how you get an accurate measure of power level.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:20 PM

2004 E55K AMG Wagon

Did we meet at Ace Cafe at a MB meet last year?? I was in a Blue W211 E55 AMG Estate (with a gold metallic engine cover at the time). Anyway SRR is also not a very forgiving dyno so those numbers are pretty good. If your interested I have just booked 2 days in March with Charlie at SRR we are getting a group of AMG's there with a very famous tuner.
Let me know if you are interested.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
The dual CAI looks good but sadly i dont have that. Looks like a code 3intake....
I think he was asking if you have a true dual exhaust since you stated that you have a quad exhaust.

Last edited by Gramma_Benz; 01-17-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz
I think he was asking if you have a true dual exhaust since you stated that you have a quad exhaust.
+1
Old 01-18-2013, 07:14 AM

c32 amg
Have tried to download pics but seem to be having problems doing so chicho55. I'm pretty certain they are the real deal,they have amg embossed on the tips.The car will be on ramps soon,so i'll know for sure then..

You might be right about the trap speeds measuring hp ddtham but i just needed to know if it was stock..Me and a couple friends are off to Santa Pod strip in the spring when the weather improves so should get some times then..
Old 01-18-2013, 07:38 AM

c32 amg
Originally Posted by SavMan
Did we meet at Ace Cafe at a MB meet last year?? I was in a Blue W211 E55 AMG Estate (with a gold metallic engine cover at the time). Anyway SRR is also not a very forgiving dyno so those numbers are pretty good. If your interested I have just booked 2 days in March with Charlie at SRR we are getting a group of AMG's there with a very famous tuner.
Let me know if you are interested.
Sorry SavMan, it wasn't me at Ace Cafe..You're right about the SRR dyno being harsh but Charlie knows his stuff and is a genuinely nice guy..It's the 2nd time I've been there..I had an S4 up there last time and he gave me some good advice...He had a scooby on the dyno when I was there. The thing hit 720 hp,I honestly thought it was gonna come off the rollers but I digress...I'd love to meet you guys there in March but am hoping to get new pulley and tune in April..You'll have to keep us posted tho..Who's the famous tuner???
Old 01-19-2013, 08:43 AM

2004 E55K AMG Wagon
Sorry SavMan, it wasn't me at Ace Cafe..You're right about the SRR dyno being harsh but Charlie knows his stuff and is a genuinely nice guy..It's the 2nd time I've been there..I had an S4 up there last time and he gave me some good advice...He had a scooby on the dyno when I was there. The thing hit 720 hp,I honestly thought it was gonna come off the rollers but I digress...I'd love to meet you guys there in March but am hoping to get new pulley and tune in April..You'll have to keep us posted tho..Who's the famous tuner???
I'm not sure if I can post it on here let just say we are flying him in from the US and you will have heard of him. I will pm you.