C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Weistec 3Litre SC for C55 Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Why did you post it in my thread and not in your own thread?
I was just responding to your post. I cannot load the same pics twice.

I'm glad you got the tuning sorted out but I really hope I won't have to add Meth again to my car but I left a message for Jerry@Eurocharged since he tuned your car with Meth successfully.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
You send the blower to Kleemann yet?

Originally Posted by Newzchspy
I've seen Rudy's work over at Speedriven and its good, real good!! He has an AWD C32 and I've driven it. Took a C32 engine and put it in a C lass 4 matic and it rocked. He's done some of the best W211 conversion to SRT-6 that I have seen as well.

I should have done the swap out when he was regularly at Speedriven and regret NOT having done it since tuning with OUR MAF is so limited in what we can do.
He didn't do a very good job on my car and left with all kinds of lights and malfunctions in the cluster. Also provided no help once he left (which was immediately after starting the car and when asked about all the lights he said to drive it and it will go away... nope). I wouldn't recommend his services
Old 09-26-2013, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
You send the blower to Kleemann yet?

He didn't do a very good job on my car and left with all kinds of lights and malfunctions in the cluster. Also provided no help once he left (which was immediately after starting the car and when asked about all the lights he said to drive it and it will go away... nope). I wouldn't recommend his services
The unit appears to be repairable but you are right. I want to hold it as a backup. btw...Did you know that Cory has the very LAST brand new unit available for sale. I think he wanted $9K for it but it does not include all the components. I believe it is a smaller unit than mine. I recall that it is a 2.0 litre autorotor (newer more efficient design but smaller displacement)

Last edited by AMGSC; 09-26-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
AMG - I hope your ride pulls similar to this kb gt500!!....

Last edited by betrezra; 09-29-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID

Sorry Blackbenzz, that was contrary to what many others have said. I drove his AWD C32 and also the SRT-6, both of which were monsters. He would up selling the C32/C240 though (it was a conversion of C32 engine into a C240 4 Matic). Sometimes things just dont work out.................I decided to just keep running the MAF and dealing with that, although an ECU would be real nice to have for the Kleemann.

I hope this finds you well out east there and thanks for all you've done for me

Cheers

Last edited by Newzchspy; 09-30-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by AMGSC
The unit appears to be repairable but you are right. I want to hold it as a backup. btw...Did you know that Cory has the very LAST brand new unit available for sale. I think he wanted $9K for it but it does not include all the components. I believe it is a smaller unit than mine. I recall that it is a 2.0 litre autorotor (newer more efficient design but smaller displacement)
He's been saying that for 3 years now??? ^ ^ ^
Old 10-02-2013, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

TUNING STAGE NOW!

They just needed to upgrade my trunk tank, add another pump to complement my CM90 pump and finalize the intake system. But Weistec has officially entered the tuning phase!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 C230K SS (sold), 06 C55 (sold), 08 Yamaha R1 (sold), 16 X5M
nice man!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Good news. Thx for update.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Car is being driven around town but not ready for the Dyno yet. New intake is about done. Trunk tank and pumps fully installed and running. New injectors and plugs were installed too.

It has a separate belt system for the SC only just like the E55Ks. 8 rib pulleys throughout.

Expect dynos on low boost first and then gradually build up to higher boost.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:02 AM

Not an AMG :(
They just needed to upgrade my trunk tank, add another pump to complement my CM90 pump and finalize the intake system. But Weistec has officially entered the tuning phase!
What is Weistec's rationale for adding another IC pump (on top of a CM90)?
What type of intercooler / heat exchanger are they using that a CM90 cannot provide adequate flow to? Surely, it's not the same heat exchanger they provide with their M113K SC kit that has had issues?

I know all about the rate of flow and heat transfer. The issue is the heat exhanger with respect to the CM90. If I recall correctly, the CM90 flow rate is approximately 23 gallons per minute (or even higher under pressure). That's an impressive rate of flow; however it means nothing unless the heat exchanger surface area and other properties are of sufficient quality to take advantage of the flow rate.

Have they datalogged and found decreased temps after adding in the extra pump? If not, I'd be requesting that.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Thanks Amg! Ignore the keyboard cowboys around this place. Hope this thing is a beast.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by boohooramblers
What is Weistec's rationale for adding another IC pump (on top of a CM90)?
What type of intercooler / heat exchanger are they using that a CM90 cannot provide adequate flow to? Surely, it's not the same heat exchanger they provide with their M113K SC kit that has had issues?

I know all about the rate of flow and heat transfer. The issue is the heat exhanger with respect to the CM90. If I recall correctly, the CM90 flow rate is approximately 23 gallons per minute (or even higher under pressure). That's an impressive rate of flow; however it means nothing unless the heat exchanger surface area and other properties are of sufficient quality to take advantage of the flow rate.

Have they datalogged and found decreased temps after adding in the extra pump? If not, I'd be requesting that.
Good questions but the cooling retrofit will soon be released to previous kit owners. The intercooler has had no heat issues on their 1500 hp cars according to Anthony so the intakes are root cause.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Bigger thottle bodies

Wesitec is looking at enlarging the throttle body on my car to over 82mm!

So bigger MAF already in the works and next opeinging up the throttle body itself!

Tuning this will be interesting.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Awesome, good luck! Ask for IAT data, the CM90 flows plenty so I'd like to see how much adding another pump helps. Any plans on sending the Kleemann blower to Kleemann for inspection yet?
Car is being driven around town but not ready for the Dyno yet. New intake is about done. Trunk tank and pumps fully installed and running. New injectors and plugs were installed too.

It has a separate belt system for the SC only just like the E55Ks. 8 rib pulleys throughout.

Expect dynos on low boost first and then gradually build up to higher boost.
New injectors come with the kit.

Can't wait to see what it runs.
Good questions but the cooling retrofit will soon be released to previous kit owners. The intercooler has had no heat issues on their 1500 hp cars according to Anthony so the intakes are root cause.
1500 hp cars with a 2.9L??? They running a 750 shot of nitrous on that thing? I have a hole in my headlight funneling cold air directly to my filter, saw no difference in IAT's. Still really high.
Wesitec is looking at enlarging the throttle body on my car to over 82mm!

So bigger MAF already in the works and next opeinging up the throttle body itself!

Tuning this will be interesting.
Have they tuned it with stock MAF etc? I thought you were doing this to help the community have a bolt on kit. Why are you upgrading everything? Any projected tuning date?
Old 10-27-2013, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Since i do not want to disclose anything about the C55 until it is completely finished, I will share my excitement about my turbo M3. It is extremely fast and I love the swooshing sounds it makes upon each gear change. I had the sub-trame reinforced, upgraded the clutch and flywheel and installed a duel gauge pod on the steering wheel. I also had a new exhaust system installed and with staggered and oversized tips which makes it sound just as aggressive as my C55. After having it for a week I decided to swap out the turbo to an even larger unit and go to even larger than 750cc injectors. This will be the first of it's kind for the E46 M3 Maximum PSI for BMW much like the Weistec C55 will be the first of it's kind for MB.

i believe both cars will be finished before Christmas! I will then run both at the Fontana strip AND Willow Springs track.

I will post pics and videos of both cars at these two venues by Feb 2014.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:24 PM

Not an AMG :(
Since i do not want to disclose anything about the C55 until it is completely finished, I will share my excitement about my turbo M3....
Seriously AMGSC, you don't want to disclose anything in a thread that is dedicated to its build, but you'll give us some juicy nuggets on your M3? Seriously?

....i believe both cars will be finished before Christmas! I will then run both at the Fontana strip AND Willow Springs track....
WHOA! Now it's 'before Christmas'?!
You see, this is why I originally asked if you had a time agreed upon. You started the project on July 1st and you stated:

....Good question. I did not have a written timeline agreement but Steve said it would not take more than 3-4 months....
By that statement, your car should be finished NOW.

Do you see where I'm going with this?
Old 10-28-2013, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I guess it takes longer than expected as they are super busy but my targeted deadline has to be before Christmas. They understand that.

They told me not to disclose ANYTHING until it is completed. All I can say is that it is running without any check engine lights.

My minimum expectation for both cars would be in low ten and traps above 135mph so pretty lofty goals. Both cars also have completely upgraded suspension and brakes so should make nice track times too. This is why I am so patient. I want to make sure they get it perfect before picking up the car(s)

Originally Posted by boohooramblers
Seriously AMGSC, you don't want to disclose anything in a thread that is dedicated to its build, but you'll give us some juicy nuggets on your M3? Seriously?

WHOA! Now it's 'before Christmas'?!
You see, this is why I originally asked if you had a time agreed upon. You started the project on July 1st and you stated:

By that statement, your car should be finished NOW.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

Last edited by AMGSC; 10-28-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Do you EVER drive your car? Just askin....
Old 10-28-2013, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I just drove the M3 after it came back and was simply awesome. I would say it's faster on the top end than my C55 before it went to Weistec.

But since I wanted the M3 to compete with the post Weistec C55, I thought I would just take the M3 to another level. I want them to be about equal in power, speed and handling although I think the M3 will still win in the end.

Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz
Do you EVER drive your car? Just askin....
Old 10-28-2013, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
I guess it takes longer than expected as they are super busy but my targeted deadline has to be before Christmas. They understand that.

They told me not to disclose ANYTHING until it is completed. All I can say is that it is running without any check engine lights.

My minimum expectation for both cars would be in low ten and traps above 135mph so pretty lofty goals. Both cars also have completely upgraded suspension and brakes so should make nice track times too. This is why I am so patient. I want to make sure they get it perfect before picking up the car(s)
Were you able to get rid of the MAF on the car?? A simple yes or no will suffice
Old 10-30-2013, 02:37 PM

Received 106 Likes on 76 Posts
2011 C63 AMG, 589hp
Hello compressorgurus

I think this is the correct thread to ask a question.
The old Kleemann SC kit, the one with waterpump built in into the drive.
Is there need for alter the thermostatehousing?

I bought the kit as a used unit but in very good condition, when refering to some manuals i can see that there should be an another housing in the kit.
I never got one, me thinks itīs still on the car that the compressorunit has sat on for a while, and seller of the kit has sold the car to an another guy that i donīt know of.
Hereīs the thing, iīve got 70mm pulley.
Still needed for that housing? as i read in the manual thereīs 80mm pulley, but thats with the compressorunit with the jonssonpump.

Best regards and keep it up.
//Patrick
Sweden.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
keep us posted as to when you're going to Fontana, I'd love to come out and see this beast!!
Old 10-30-2013, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes. I recall a modified thermostat housing for my kit. I believe I may still have a few extra in the garage. I will check tonight.

You can also confirm with Cory at KleemannUSA in Colorado Springs. He is very helpful and responsive.

Originally Posted by swedepat
Hello compressorgurus

I think this is the correct thread to ask a question.
The old Kleemann SC kit, the one with waterpump built in into the drive.
Is there need for alter the thermostatehousing?

I bought the kit as a used unit but in very good condition, when refering to some manuals i can see that there should be an another housing in the kit.
I never got one, me thinks itīs still on the car that the compressorunit has sat on for a while, and seller of the kit has sold the car to an another guy that i donīt know of.
Hereīs the thing, iīve got 70mm pulley.
Still needed for that housing? as i read in the manual thereīs 80mm pulley, but thats with the compressorunit with the jonssonpump.

Best regards and keep it up.
//Patrick
Sweden.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:12 AM

Received 106 Likes on 76 Posts
2011 C63 AMG, 589hp
Yes,, do check that up, as i live in Sweden, any issues sending me one?

An another question for you guys,Is there anyone succesfully installed any piggyback into an C55?
Iīve mapped a several cars on my own earlier in the days, so therefor iīm a bit curious if there is a functional piggyback.

Rgds
Patrick

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weistec 3Litre SC for C55 Project