C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Trying To Acquire C55 AMG

Old 07-24-2014, 06:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Trying To Acquire C55 AMG

I am an individual living in the San Francisco, California area.

Have been checking Autotrader.com and Craigslist.com and was wondering if anyone knew a friend selling an especially clean C55 or had seen a particularly clean C55 AMG for sale.

Looking for one that is completely stock and was never modified at any point (including cars that were once modified and later returned to stock). Open on mileage, but would obviously prefer lower mileage cars.

Requirements:
1. No peeling or faded interior parts. Not limited to faded hat shelves (aka rear shelf), faded or cracked dashboards, headlamp lenses, wiper arms, black plastic windshield surrounds, and peeling air conditioning/radio/steering wheel buttons.
2. Steering wheel in clean and good condition
3. Clean CARFAX. No airbag deployment. No accidents.
4. Factory-installed Bi-Xenon headlamps in good condition, not faded and not re-polished.
5. Black leather interior preferred with preferably the black wood (some have the brown wood). Open on exterior color.
6. Generally looking for very clean, immaculately maintained cars with dealer service history. Generally prefer cars parked indoors both day and night. Driven by a person who religiously washes and waxes the car. And also a person who exercises caution to not create unnecessary wear on seat bolsters getting in and out of the car. OCD car owners make great car owners.
7. The service history of the car is required.
8. Car must have no rust and have never seen snow.
9. Car is in excellent mechanical condition and aesthetic condition both inside and out.

Am willing to consider non-CA cars, but strongly prefer cars that are for sale in California.

I am a decisive person who makes a decision in a relative short amount of time after seeing the vehicle. Also capable of remitting funds immediately.

Not opposed to procuring two C55s if I make offers on more than one car and they both happen to be accepted (my offers will generally not have contingencies). Will definitely not procure more than two (meaning I will not have more than two offers active at the same time).

Overall, I'm an individual (I'm not a dealer) who is looking for an un-abused and clean C55. I'm easy to work with, I make my decisions quickly, I have the funds ready, and overall I'm an ideal private-party car buyer.

Thank you in advance. All referrals are appreciated.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55
Originally Posted by patrick_y

Have been checking Autotrader.com and Craigslist.com and was wondering if anyone knew a friend selling an especially clean C55 or had seen a particularly clean C55 AMG for sale.

Looking for one that is completely stock and was never modified at any point (including cars that were once modified and later returned to stock). Open on mileage, but would obviously prefer lower mileage cars.

Requirements:
1. No peeling or faded interior parts. Not limited to faded hat shelves (aka rear shelf), faded or cracked dashboards, headlamp lenses, wiper arms, black plastic windshield surrounds, and peeling air conditioning/radio/steering wheel buttons.
4. Factory-installed Bi-Xenon headlamps in good condition, not faded and not re-polished.
5. Black leather interior preferred with preferably the black wood (some have the brown wood). Open on exterior color.
6. Generally looking for very clean, immaculately maintained cars with dealer service history. Generally prefer cars parked indoors both day and night. Driven by a person who religiously washes and waxes the car. And also a person who exercises caution to not create unnecessary wear on seat bolsters getting in and out of the car. OCD car owners make great car owners.
9. Car is in excellent mechanical condition and aesthetic condition both inside and out.

Am willing to consider non-CA cars, but strongly prefer cars that are for sale in California.

I am a decisive person who makes a decision in a relative short amount of time after seeing the vehicle. Also capable of remitting funds immediately.

Not opposed to procuring two C55s if I make offers on more than one car and they both happen to be accepted (my offers will generally not have contingencies). Will definitely not procure more than two (meaning I will not have more than two offers active at the same time).

Overall, I'm an individual (I'm not a dealer) who is looking for an un-abused and clean C55. I'm easy to work with, I make my decisions quickly, I have the funds ready, and overall I'm an ideal private-party car buyer.

Sounds like you are talking about my car here. It is also posted on Auto Trader.

Completely stock, never modified.
1. Check
2. Check
3. Check
4. Check. New bulb on one side. But lenses polished.
5. Black leather but no wood.
6. No dings, some rock chips, and some interior wear indicative of a 93k mile, 10 y/o car (delivered August '04). Always garaged.
7. Records since I bought the car in '08 w/30k miles. Always serviced at MB Laguna Niguel since new.
8. Check - California car
9. Runs great and available for PPI.

Price negotiable. Title and smog cert in hand.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:06 PM

C230 Sport
2005 C55

I have a 2005 C55 I purchased in March; the car was owned by a Mercedes Service Rep. It is immaculate inside and outside, 100% stock, Diamond Black exterior, Light Gray interior and 9850+miles.

Requirements:

Thank you in advance. All referrals are appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-24-2014, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Sounds like you are talking about my car here. It is also posted on Auto Trader.

Completely stock, never modified.
1. Check
2. Check
3. Check
4. Check. New bulb on one side. But lenses polished.
5. Black leather but no wood.
6. No dings, some rock chips, and some interior wear indicative of a 93k mile, 10 y/o car (delivered August '04). Always garaged.
7. Records since I bought the car in '08 w/30k miles. Always serviced at MB Laguna Niguel since new.
8. Check - California car
9. Runs great and available for PPI.

Price negotiable. Title and smog cert in hand.
PM SENT
Old 07-24-2014, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by jdptulsa
I have a 2005 C55 I purchased in March; the car was owned by a Mercedes Service Rep. It is immaculate inside and outside, 100% stock, Diamond Black exterior, Light Gray interior and 9850+miles.

Requirements:

[/QUOTE]
Thank you. Not 100% certain about the gray interior, but I'll consider it.

Please let me know where I can find the necessary information to make a decision.

PM SENT.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 168 Likes on 120 Posts
2016 E350 4Matic; 2018 GLC300 4Matic; 2005 C55; 2003 360 Modena
What's your budget?
Old 07-25-2014, 05:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by kjb55
What's your budget?
Budget is $12,000 up to $19000. Budget is what I consider to be from low to generously high. I've seen three cars where I would've happily paid $12,500, $15,000, and $19000 for. I range from the low teens for a higher mileage car in very good but not perfect condition cosmetic condition and excellent mechanical condition with the correct major options, to high teens for an absurdly low mileage car in perfect condition with exceptional provenance.

A few data points:
Low teens (sold for less than $13,000) - Silver/Black Leather/Black wood 2005 C55; 91,000 miles, overall very good cosmetic condition but not perfect faded lenses, some fading on the plastic surrounding windshield, nearly flawless interior condition with no wear on the seat bolsters brand new steering wheel (it was replaced with a Mercedes-Benz genuine steering wheel). All options except phone; xenon, navigation, heated seats, premium package, Mercedes-Benz dealer-installed bluetooth. Three owners, all in CA. Excellent mechanical condition with a full service history at my local Mercedes-Benz dealership. Dealership service was thoroughly looked over I noticed the individual even replaced air conditioner blower fan, engine gaskets preventatively, and did change the transmission fluid, and other service I would've done. This one was a good buy, not perfect, but a great buy and was in perfect condition mechanically. Garaged at night, but probably parked outside at the office during the day. Had front hood and bumper in plastic wrap. SF Bay Area.

Mid teens, $14900 (asked $15900, sold for $14900) - Granite Grey / Black leather interior / Aluminum trim 2005 C55 with 76,000 miles. For sale by original owner. All major options except for phone and wood trim; included original factory xenons (original unpolished lenses), heated seats, premium package, and navigation. Garaged at home at night. Parked in a carport at office. In very good condition inside and out. No wear on bolsters, no wear on seats, original steering wheel, but in overall good condition, not overly shiny or polished. SF Bay Area.

High teens, $18888 (got $18,888, asked $19750)- Black metallic paint (obsidian black or diamond black?)/ Black leather / Black wood 2006 C55 with only 32,000 miles. For sale by original owner. Maintained at Mercedes-Benz dealer with records. Garaged all the time with battery maintainer. Seldomly driven, owner had three cars and traveled often. Options include everything but the phone; included navigation, factory xenons, premium package, heated seats. Overall interior and exterior in very good condition. Los Angeles area. Supposedly still had new car smell, despite its age. I never saw the car.

I would buy any of these three vehicles. Unfortunately I missed one of them by two hours (appointment ahead of me by two hours decided she would buy the car), I missed another by a week (I was out of town on holiday), and I missed one due to geographical difficulties.

So basically I'm looking for vehicles along these lines. The "low teens" and "mid teens" and the "high teens." The low teens was the only one that I felt uneasy with, but later at that price I realized it was a good bargain. The mid-teens vehicle in this example is really the worse bargain of the three, but it was in excellent condition. And the high-teens vehicle is a good bargain too.

Last edited by patrick_y; 07-25-2014 at 05:08 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
Sell you mine for $19k
Old 07-26-2014, 04:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by Viper98912
Sell you mine for $19k
I can tell you love yours too much! You'll never let it go!
Old 07-26-2014, 07:14 AM

C55 AMG
For 19 u can take mine as well
Old 07-26-2014, 07:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I can tell you love yours too much! You'll never let it go!
Everything's always for sale for the right price.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Everything's always for sale for the right price.
Well, if your vehicle fits the description of the one that I was in talks with the owner of in Southern California with 32K miles and full options, in great condition, I'd consider it.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by Duncan64
For 19 u can take mine as well
If your vehicle is close to the description of the car I described in my post you read, then you have an interested prospective purchaser.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

While not a CA car, it's been in GA all it's life and it's a 2 owner (I bought it from the original). Does not meet your re-polished headlight requirement. For service history, the original owner had receipts, I do not since I do the work myself and keep the receipts of materials purchased (I don't trust dealerships, my dad works for one and he tells me stories). DD @ 143k mi though, no where near 32k.

Everything else is peachy (to me at least )

Trying To Acquire C55 AMG-0.jpg

Trying To Acquire C55 AMG-20.jpg

Trying To Acquire C55 AMG-6.jpg

Trying To Acquire C55 AMG-2.jpg

Trying To Acquire C55 AMG-29.jpg
Old 07-27-2014, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
While not a CA car, it's been in GA all it's life and it's a 2 owner (I bought it from the original). Does not meet your re-polished headlight requirement. For service history, the original owner had receipts, I do not since I do the work myself and keep the receipts of materials purchased (I don't trust dealerships, my dad works for one and he tells me stories). DD @ 143k mi though, no where near 32k.

What a beautiful car that has served you many miles loyally.

I can only hope that mine will have the opportunity to serve me as loyally as yours has served you.

Yes! It's a peach!
Old 07-29-2014, 01:39 PM

C55 AMG
If your vehicle is close to the description of the car I described in my post you read, then you have an interested prospective purchaser.
Patrick, my car is off your list because it has seen snow as I live in the Philadelphia suburbs. I also took the crappy command unit out and updated it with pioneers' app radio 3... Because I like to use my phone's apps for driving like Waze, pandora, etc. so I'm pretty sure it's off your list but if that still appeals to you, the car is in fantastic shape and at only 76k miles.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by Duncan64
Patrick, my car is off your list because it has seen snow as I live in the Philadelphia suburbs. I also took the crappy command unit out and updated it with pioneers' app radio 3... Because I like to use my phone's apps for driving like Waze, pandora, etc. so I'm pretty sure it's off your list but if that still appeals to you, the car is in fantastic shape and at only 76k miles.
It's probably not the ideal car for me. Combine that with the geographic difficulty, the possibility of a successful transaction is relatively low. But kudos for possessing a really nice car!
Old 07-30-2014, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
eclectic assortment of cars

Is it just peachy because it's from Georgia?
Old 07-30-2014, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Saaboteur
Is it just peachy because it's from Georgia?
Yes the pun was intended
Old 07-30-2014, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What a beautiful car that has served you many miles loyally.

I can only hope that mine will have the opportunity to serve me as loyally as yours has served you.

Yes! It's a peach!
Thanks. The 32k mi car you noted, if true, sounded like a true gem.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Thanks. The 32k mi car you noted, if true, sounded like a true gem.
Certainly did sound like it was!

I didn't get to see that one in person. So it remains a surreal unicorn.

But nonetheless, it would've been a gem if true.

I met a 2004 BMW with only 28,000 miles in late 2012 when it was about 8.25 years old, original owner's only car, but he took public transportation and traveled extensively. Super heavily optioned. That was a gem too.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yea, but it's just a bmw.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Yea, but it's just a bmw.
True! Still, hard to meet any car that's 8 years old and driven regularly with only 28,000 miles. Wished I could find a C55 like that...
Old 07-31-2014, 07:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 168 Likes on 120 Posts
2016 E350 4Matic; 2018 GLC300 4Matic; 2005 C55; 2003 360 Modena
True! Still, hard to meet any car that's 8 years old and driven regularly with only 28,000 miles. Wished I could find a C55 like that...
I guess low mile C55s are getting rare. I'm at less than 18k miles.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by kjb55
I guess low mile C55s are getting rare. I'm at less than 18k miles.
Indeed. Yours is a rarity. Go out and enjoy yours more often!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trying To Acquire C55 AMG