C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

looking at a c32 today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 C32 AMG - 2009 C300 Sport
looking at a c32 today

It had been a while since I posted, I sold my 2004 c32 2 years ago when I moved to go to school. I just sold my truck and was looking at getting a new one when I came across a 2002 c32 with 132k miles for $5,000...what do you guys think? I know what to look for after owning one for 2 years, even my 04 had a faulty valeo radiator so that will be one of the first things I check..any other suggestions is the 02 too risky to get or is the price to good to pass up? Or have prices fallen that much in recent years I sold my 04 for $14,000 back in 2012 with 75K miles
Old 09-18-2014, 02:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by spatton
It had been a while since I posted, I sold my 2004 c32 2 years ago when I moved to go to school. I just sold my truck and was looking at getting a new one when I came across a 2002 c32 with 132k miles for $5,000...what do you guys think? I know what to look for after owning one for 2 years, even my 04 had a faulty valeo radiator so that will be one of the first things I check..any other suggestions is the 02 too risky to get or is the price to good to pass up? Or have prices fallen that much in recent years I sold my 04 for $14,000 back in 2012 with 75K miles
Prices are down on high mileage examples, but the clean low mileage cars are holding steady and even going up. Besides the radiator there aren't too many things that you could actually spot in a visual inspection. Also, you'd hope that most the seat module battery drain issues and things would have been taken care of on an older car. I would just look for signs that the car was taken care of.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 C32 AMG - 2009 C300 Sport
Is 130 considered high? It's a 14 year old car.. I guess it is with these cars. Anyway I looked at it today and I couldn't see a model number or date but I could definitely see valeo on the radiator almost faded away... Also made a horrible noise while driving reminded me of a truck with massive tires on the highway. Definitely was not normal. He said it was because of the ****ty tires on the front but I'm calling bull**** haha. got him down to $4500 and I am still very hesitant on even considering it. Cruise control did not work, drivers side seat heater did not work, and the entire dash lights were flickering. I was pretty much like 99% no way I don't want it. Then he messaged me later on and said he thought about it and would take my offer of $4000 which I originally said. I still feel like it's gonna be a piece of **** but there is a small part of me that misses and wants the c32 back bad
Old 09-19-2014, 11:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by spatton
Is 130 considered high? It's a 14 year old car.. I guess it is with these cars. Anyway I looked at it today and I couldn't see a model number or date but I could definitely see valeo on the radiator almost faded away... Also made a horrible noise while driving reminded me of a truck with massive tires on the highway. Definitely was not normal. He said it was because of the ****ty tires on the front but I'm calling bull**** haha. got him down to $4500 and I am still very hesitant on even considering it. Cruise control did not work, drivers side seat heater did not work, and the entire dash lights were flickering. I was pretty much like 99% no way I don't want it. Then he messaged me later on and said he thought about it and would take my offer of $4000 which I originally said. I still feel like it's gonna be a piece of **** but there is a small part of me that misses and wants the c32 back bad
That's a tough one. Seat heaters are no big deal. Only the back of mine has worked for years. Unfortunately there's no way to tell short of removing the intake plenums if it has the coolant issue. That would be the determining factor for me. If you trust the guy, I guess you could ask him if he has had to add coolant, but of course he's going to say no. I don't think 130k is that high (mine has 196k), I was just saying the 60-70k cars are commanding decent money.