C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Eurocharged visit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 05:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A teal Vespa with tassles and glitter. You know you're jealous.
Eurocharged visit

I was sent out to Texas a couple months back for work. Setting up a customer with one of our automated picking machines and I am staying past the go live date for support. My stay will end up being a minimum of 6 months. So in about a week I will be heading back to GA to retrieve Sophie, my C32.

I have been a member of the site for a while and have always heard great things about Eurocharged Performance and I have been wanting to get my car tuned after having a custom cut S/C pulley made for her. The pulley made a difference for sure but I know a tune would make it that much more fun to drive.

I had completely forgotten that Eurocharged was in Houston, which is just under a 4 hour drive from Fort Worth. So I reached out to them and once I get Sophie here I will be setting up an appt to go get her tuned.

I am definitely getting the ECU tune. I am highly considering the TCU tune as well and the heat exchanger. I will talk to Eurocharged about what they recommend but I wanted to reach out to you guys here as well and see if anyone had some recommendations on anything else. The car is not my daily driver anymore but I will be driving it 2-3 times a week to work and on the weekends some. I want the car to be reliable for long distance driving. I plan on taking it to Vegas to see my brother and it has to make the trip back home as well. Any input is greatly appreciated guys! I am looking forward at the chance to go visit Eurocharged's headquarters!

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 11-19-2014, 07:27 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Ecu tune and heat exchanger are a great idea and eurocharged are a fantastic shop. I would caution against the tcu tune- have a search on the forum and decide for yourself. I turned down a free one.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:29 PM

I did a search for the TCU and I ran across some posts where people were not highly suggesting it. I will talk to the guys at EC as well about it and see what flaws it poses etc.

I have been wanting the ECU tune for a couple years now but havent wanted to really remove it and ship it etc and then be without a car (not an issue now with the truck as my daily). I know that a tune matched with that pulley will wake that car up! I am considering a crank pulley upgrade as well.

I want this car to be as reliable as it is currently but a lot more fun to drive.

Andrew
Old 11-20-2014, 02:07 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
You only need to send the TCU in. The ECU they can tune remotely anytime over the internet so no downtime.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
Talk to philip from EC, great guy.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:42 PM

Actually that is who I spoke with via email about visiting there and having them do the ecu tune while there.