C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Brake Rotors---I would NOT recommend these

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 05:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 C55 black on black aka DVS C55, 2007 C230 sport silver on black for the boss
Brake Rotors---I would NOT recommend these

I got my C55 14 months ago (Sept. 2014) and have put ~10,000 miles on it. When I got it used off a dealer lot in New Jersey it had brand new rotors and brake pads. The pads were some type of Ceramic as they produced no dust. I did a track day and the brakes were OK but exhibited various amounts of warping and brake fad throughout the day. This spring I upgraded to EBC Yellows/SS lines and Motul 600. The pedal feel was better but the brakes would still experience various warping that came and went and if not warmed up the car would shake noticeably. After the EBCs wore out I re-installed the original Ceramic pads and the issues were still there. Thinking it was something else I checked and replaced some suspension components to confirm it was the rotors. Finally this October I installed Zimmerman Coated brakes and Stoptech Pads which fixed all of my braking issues. The car stops like an AMG should and with my Michelin Super Sports the car stops and turns better than ever.

In the end I am not sure what brand of rotors these are but I would advise people to stay away from them. They look great behind a rim and produce no dust but they are unpredictable for performance driving.

Last edited by EDgineered; 11-19-2014 at 05:12 PM.