C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Wrecked the C32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 06:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A teal Vespa with tassles and glitter. You know you're jealous.
While I have enjoyed driving my mom's SLK230 the times I have driven it, it isnt the most practical vehicle for me with the limited space. Since I bought my truck the C32 was used more when I went out of town to visit family and took the dog with me. I could lay the back seats down, cover everything with a blanket and he was content back there. Plus his cage, food and my bag all fit in the trunk without any issue.

I thoroughly enjoyed the C32 and have thought about going to the C55 some too, I know I could get one within my budget and have some money left over for upgrades etc (pending they havent been done already).

I like the styling and performance that both the E55 and E63 have. I have found some that are good deals and in my budget range at the moment.

There are some factors that have hit my plate recently that are making me think I should hold off for a little while before pulling the trigger on another AMG as bad as I want one, I will get another one I am hooked. Currently I am in Texas for a job and I could have the contact extended beyond the end of Feb in order to assist the customer more. If they are content and dont need an extension I found out I am going to PA next to assist with a project and have no idea how long I will be there. I will be in Chicago at the end of March for Promat. Have quite a bit of traveling for work that will be on my plate for the next few months at the very least, I would hate to buy a car and not be able to enjoy it! Once I get back to my home area, SC/GA I will have more time to shop.

My plan is to just basically take what I get from the car and parting it out and set it aside, the extra money I get from traveling with work and OT compile that with the money I am saving and then when I get the chance to shop I can have quite a bit set aside for a pretty nice AMG! Now if I stumble across a deal I cant refuse we all know how that goes!

Andrew
Old 01-18-2015, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C240, 2016 C300
If you're looking for the space, i say go with the e63. The only reason I would get that instead of the E55 is because the engine is a couple years newer so hopefully there is slightly less repair when that time does come. Also because the E class has ample amount of space for you and your dog to be comfortable in. The 6.2 engine is just absolutely beautiful.

If you're parting out, pls PM me the front brakes and rotors, along with the front bumper whenever you have the chance. Let me know if the rear bumper is repairable or even usable too.

Cali has some pretty nice AMGs (:
Old 01-18-2015, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
eclectic assortment of cars
If I were in a similar position, needing/wanting to replace my C55, I think I would consider a CLS55 or C63. My heart has always been good if the C63 and they are getting very affordable now, and even more do into the future. I like the CLS55 (and by extension a 211 E55) because I think the torque rich K engage suits the character of the car more, as opposed to the 63, but then I think the 63 is perfect for the smaller C Class. One day I will get into a C63, but not any time soon as my wife has already let me indulge enough with my 911. She's even said that the only car to replace the C55 with would be a C63, but I'll be in the C55 for a while as home finances dictate!

But if money were no object, I'd be ordering a brand new E63 wagon, with factory delivery of course. The AWD would give me the confidence to drive the car year round.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Don't forget about CL600. 5.5 Liter V12 TT with lots of HP and TQ and plenty of room for a tuner to add even more power. With some homework, one can be found for a very reasonable price.
The E63S AMG Wagon is an excellent idea too.
Old 01-18-2015, 01:16 PM

I appreciate the input guys!! The C63 has caught my eye, its just the price currently is still high, but maybe while I am looking it will drop some . I am definitely going to do some shopping around since I have the luxury of WANTING the car instead of needing it. I still have my 4 banger Dakota to get me around. Having that luxury affords me time and chance to find the right AMG for me. I think the big issue is going to be that itch to get behind the wheel of an AMG. Been a little over two weeks and this little Hyundai Sonata ( the rental his insurance gave me) just isnt quite cutting it in the power range! haha

Andrew
Old 01-18-2015, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
E55 wagon. End of story.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Finding one is the problem!
Old 01-19-2015, 08:12 AM

Yes a E55 wagon would be nice. But like Saabotuer said finding one is going to be a problem. The ones I have found the people know what they have and are asking top dollar.

Andrew
Old 01-19-2015, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
1999 E320 4matic Wagon, 2005 C55 AMG - sold, 1998 VW Jetta TDI - sold, 2006 C230 Sport - Totaled :(
The CL600 is great, but be wary when that air suspension gets worn, it's over $1k per shock

I went on some of the parts websites and was pricing out things like that because I was curious if I bought a CL600 what the repair costs would and it's pretty high....

BUT, like Lenin said a sick car nonetheless! What prompted me to consider buying one was this video posted on here a while back:

https://mbworld.org/articles/heres-m...l-like-pagani/

That sound is just...awesome
Old 01-20-2015, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My dentist has an 03 CL600. Beast. He took me for a spin in it way back, soon after he got it. Massively fast. I don't now why Mercedes bothers with a CL600 or CL65, I suspect the difference is minimal.

Anyway, he bought it new, paid near on C$200k for it, and I don't think it's even broken in. Since that day we went for a spin, I don't think he's driven it. It's sat under a cover in his garage. Plastic still on the sill covers!
Old 01-20-2015, 02:03 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Mmm ABC repairs.

I guess they had to make the most from the R&D in the chassis and people with that sort of money like choice.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:11 PM

Now the joy of haggling with the insurance company over my car's value. They already low balled me as far as I am concerned. The comparable cars I have run already have my car valued at more than what they offered me.

Andrew
Old 01-23-2015, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 E320 4matic Wagon, 2005 C55 AMG - sold, 1998 VW Jetta TDI - sold, 2006 C230 Sport - Totaled :(
Originally Posted by southernwake
Now the joy of haggling with the insurance company over my car's value. They already low balled me as far as I am concerned. The comparable cars I have run already have my car valued at more than what they offered me.

Andrew
Yes, this part is the worst. Who is your insurance company?

I surprisingly had a smooth time with Geico when my C230 was totaled. They actually ended up increasing the value of the car because of the CF front lip and trunk spoiler, and then the CF wrap I did on the interior. They considered those added "options" lol. Even though I had 120k miles and everywhere I looked I was figuring around $12k they ended up giving me a bit over $14k. I just happened to be lucky that I thoroughly detailed the car a couple hours before the accident. I think that helps with their initial impression of the car, plus I'm assuming you take care of it and keep it in pristine condition.

Those companies will always try to pay you as little as possible, and if you need to get stuff repaired they always try to put used parts on there.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:18 AM

I have Liberty Mutual.

I am dealing with his insurance, Farmers, and they gave me a price for just over $6500 for my car. So I am running my own comparisons so I can counteroffer.

I baby the car. The only issue with the interior was the driver's side door panel, the arm rest was worn coming undone which is common with these. The driver's seat had wear but no tears or holes. I had just put the entire console and trim back into the car after having it out for a couple weeks to thoroughly detail it. Exterior was dirty due to crappy weather the days leading up to the accident.

I know cars arent investments most times and I wasnt viewing mine as one, but I can get more that $6500 if I had the chance to sell it which I cant now.

Going to find out the buyback price as well.

Andrew
Old 01-28-2015, 11:19 AM

Alright I managed to work with the insurance company and they are giving me over 9k for the car now.

The issue now is they want almost 3900 to buy it back... I am seeing if I were to buy it back I would basically only break even on parting it out.

What do you guys think?

Andrew
Old 01-28-2015, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You got rear ended, right? So they're giving you about $9k minus the $3900...you can pretty much sell everything in the interior and the whole front end, which I would think is a pretty solid amount of parts. I'd say the engine alone could make up that difference.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:34 PM

Yes. Which I considered that. The biggest issue is that Im in my current location until the end of February at the earliest and then headed to PA for an unknown time frame. The contract could be extended but I have no knowledge of it being extended at the moment. I would need it to be parted it out and sold off in that time frame. I was hoping to have it all resolved about 2 weeks ago which would have given me a couple more weeks to part it out.

If I had more time I would definitely buy it back and part it out over a couple months. My current work schedule with work has just be crazy, worked the last 23 days straight with actual set schedule.

If I knew that I had people who were dead set on parts and I could have it sold off in a few weeks I would buy it back. I just dont want to get stuck with it and then lose money.

Andrew
Old 01-28-2015, 02:04 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Just my opinion, if you are not going to make much money at all I would leave it. Thats a lot of work to only just be breaking even. I am sure that money would easily find its way into your next ride. Of course good parts for the community is a different story.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:18 PM

It is a lot of work to only break even. I think I could make more money if I was at home and parting it out.

Id much rather see the parts from my car go to people here instead of it be butchered at a salvage yard. If I had more time or knew it could be stripped inn a few weeks and sold off I would do it.

Andrew
Old 01-28-2015, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by tw2
I am pretty sure you want an 04-06 E55.
With or without the gas smell???
Old 01-28-2015, 06:51 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
With or without the gas smell???
I think you mean with or without JB weld.