C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 Maintenance at 135k Miles

Old 02-19-2015, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C55
C55 Maintenance at 135k Miles

Hi All - I've owned my C55 for about a year now and it has been the most reliable car I've had to date. (knocks on wood).

For those in this general ballpark mileage wise - what have you done as far as preventative maintenance goes?

I recently did new front rotors/pads, engine/trans mounts, idler pulley, belt, coolant flush, plugs/wires, and air filters. I like working on cars and usually try to keep a good preventative maintenance routine.

I noticed while changing the idler pulley that the tensioner pulley is shot too. Am I right in understanding the pulley alone is not replaceable? The whole tensioner assembly with pulley needs to be changed together?

I'm thinking about doing the water pump/thermostat as well "while I'm in there". Is that silly on these cars? I come from the audi/BMW world...and we usually replace those items around this mileage (if not sooner).

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2015, 06:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Chevrolet SS, 2006 Cadillac STS-V
The tensioner only comes as the whole unit (at least from Mercedes) when I had replaced mine. I wouldn't worry about the water pump or thermostat, I don't believe I've heard of but one or two water pump failures on here. I would definitely do a transmission filter and fluid change.