C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32 FUEL INJECTOR UPGRADE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 04:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"World fastest" C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Robert AMG
open the module from down to let the fuel enter as i said.
But if i do that, tank has several litres gas in bottom, but pump run out way earlier... Becouse my pump suction is not all the way down(different pump, not stock), so i dont like that idea
I put one walbro to refill the sump, then my fuel lights and gauges works normal.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:01 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Originally Posted by Lenin
Are you talking theory here or you actually know how the ME2.8.1 is programmed? If according to EPC you can go from 396cc to 542cc then the ECU will adjust. If you have to bring the car to the dealer for an updated ECU file, then this is good news since it means that you can get an OEM ECU file for the 550cc injectors. However, I never heard of this OEM file to exist.
I do not know the specifics of the Bosch ME2.8 so yes I could certainly be wrong. I am applying theory based on the fact that almost every EFI production car since the 80's works on the same principles of fuel injection and ecu control using rpm, throttle opening % and MAF or MAP values to find ignition and injection values from look up tables.

Since I am fairly sure our cars don't have wideband oxygen sensors there is no way they can adjust fuel trims in open loop mode (ie reading injector duty for the appropriate ms of injector opening times directly from the ecu tables). In closed loop mode (ie using the narrowband oxygen sensor for AFR correction) while cruising at light throttle there will be the ability to adjust the fuel trims to a minor degree based on this feedback.

So if you change the injector size, when you floor it the ecu will be using the same amount of injector opening time and if you double the size of the injector you inject twice as much fuel with all other variables (ie fuel pressure, ecu tune) being constant. I can't explain increasing the injector size so much and having no ill consequences.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"World fastest" C32 AMG
Originally Posted by tw2
I do not know the specifics of the Bosch ME2.8 so yes I could certainly be wrong. I am applying theory based on the fact that almost every EFI production car since the 80's works on the same principles of fuel injection and ecu control using rpm, throttle opening % and MAF or MAP values to find ignition and injection values from look up tables.

Since I am fairly sure our cars don't have wideband oxygen sensors there is no way they can adjust fuel trims in open loop mode (ie reading injector duty for the appropriate ms of injector opening times directly from the ecu tables). In closed loop mode (ie using the narrowband oxygen sensor for AFR correction) while cruising at light throttle there will be the ability to adjust the fuel trims to a minor degree based on this feedback.

So if you change the injector size, when you floor it the ecu will be using the same amount of injector opening time and if you double the size of the injector you inject twice as much fuel with all other variables (ie fuel pressure, ecu tune) being constant. I can't explain increasing the injector size so much and having no ill consequences.
Yes you are right And if your fuel trims adjusts too much, it can cause problems.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Originally Posted by tw2

I can't explain it either and just in case, had EC create me a tune for larger injectors and am monitoring AFRs, IDC, and all kinds of other things. Can't stress enough the importance of monitoring/data logging when you start modifying your car, especially things like fuel delivery.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:43 AM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Originally Posted by Lenin
I can't explain it either and just in case, had EC create me a tune for larger injectors and am monitoring AFRs, IDC, and all kinds of other things. Can't stress enough the importance of monitoring/data logging when you start modifying your car, especially things like fuel delivery.
+1 absolutely. For most projects simply putting a larger fuel pump, some larger injectors and a good tune is a good recipe to support a reliable increase in power. We are lucky being able to datalog via the OBD2 port.

For the OP, just out of interest, why are you looking to change your injectors? Are you approaching the limits of what they can flow?
Old 03-26-2015, 03:50 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2002 C32AMG
[QUOTE=tw2;6377628 We are lucky being able to datalog via the OBD2 port.
[/QUOTE]

What tools can we use to log IPW, IDC, Fuelpump DC etc? My device will only do LTFTs.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:43 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Originally Posted by C3Duece
What tools can we use to log IPW, IDC, Fuelpump DC etc? My device will only do LTFTs.
I would look at the eurocharged euroflash software, apparently you can datalog just about whatever the ecu can measure using a laptop and a USB to OBD cable. Perhaps also the Zeitronix datalogger but not 100% on that one.

It's been a while since I have wired in and tuned an aftermarket ecu (and read my tuning books) but why do you want to see those things specifically? Injector duty cycle as a % is very useful to determine the time the injectors are spending open. You definitely want this less than 90% at WOT to keep using the current injectors safely. I don't think pulse width is going to help much with tuning. I have found a lot of ecu's instead use arbitrary numbers to represent the injection times on the fuel tables.

Fuel pump duty cycle? As far as I am aware the only way to find out the limits of your fuel pump is to measure the fuel pressure on the dyno. The pump is always running at 100% and the fuel pressure regulator is controlling how much goes back into the tank. Of course this is easier said than done. If you have the original pump or you are planning some serious upgrades then it is always a good idea to upgrade regardless.

I agree long term fuel trims are useless and from what I remember only give you an idea on what is happening in closed loop mode. For tuning- datalogging rpm, wideband AFR's, knock, ignition timing, MAF/MAP/AFM (MAP in your case, MAF in mine and hopefully no one uses AFM's anymore) and throttle response should be all you need. Compare the target AFR's with the actual AFR's on the load vs RPM table and adjust fuel amounts accordingly until they match. Lots of fun, and have replacement wideband sensors and spark plugs ready.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E250 cdi
Originally Posted by tw2
+1 absolutely. For most projects simply putting a larger fuel pump, some larger injectors and a good tune is a good recipe to support a reliable increase in power. We are lucky being able to datalog via the OBD2 port.

For the OP, just out of interest, why are you looking to change your injectors? Are you approaching the limits of what they can flow?
after all the mods I have done, dyno showed car was to lean 14.5%,and only 213rwkw, since then I have got aem 320 fuel pump, 550cc injectors and ecu tune by jerry at ec, hopefully getting the ecu back Friday or Monday will post results as soon as I have them available.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:32 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2002 C32AMG
Originally Posted by Sickooli
after all the mods I have done, dyno showed car was to lean 14.5%,and only 213rwkw, since then I have got aem 320 fuel pump, 550cc injectors and ecu tune by jerry at ec, hopefully getting the ecu back Friday or Monday will post results as soon as I have them available.
Did you ever get enough fuel added to the car and get back to the dyno?
Old 08-28-2022, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GT63s
hey bro, so do you if these fit on most mercedes? I'm looking for a M177 for the gt63s but can't seem to find any