C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32 AMG FUEL PUMP NEEDED Toronto

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32amg 2003
C32 AMG FUEL PUMP NEEDED Toronto

Hello friends, Im in toronto and need to buy a fuel pump for the c32Amg, 2003 model, it has 180k km, great condition, after my alternator went, i replaced it with a new valeo unit, i noticed the vehicle wasn't responding the same, less power when hitting the pedal, after a week i decided to run it a bit on the 404,
next day car was jerking until it stalled completely, i took it to mercedes which told me it was the left side fuel sending unit hanging up intermittently, the said the pump was okay. but then they said i needed to change both units, left side sending unit and the right side(which is the fuel pump). idk, i guess they got confused. anyways point is i need this part which is really hard to find, i can't wait to get this baby back on the road for summer, this car is costly but its feels so good to drive.

i have replaced the left side unit with a pier burg fuel sending unit 203 470 1741,

got it at germanparts.ca in north york, the right side unit which contains 2 pumps and fuel module assembly plus sending unit, runs 2 grand at the dealership.

germanpart.ca does not have it, i am wondering if anybody knows where i could buy it locally , I've seen 2 on ebay brand new, for 1250.00, before i order online i would like to see if i could get it locally,

if anybody knows of where i could get this part please let me know.

my car runs if you bang the fuel pump unit on the right side, but pretty roughly, i hope that no damage has been done to the brand new fuel sending unit on the left?, i am not driving the vehicle, i am looking for the fuel pump right side unit still. the part number is 203 470 3494, i believe the clk55 amy uses the same pump.

If any help or recommendations please post
Old 05-14-2015, 01:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG
Have a look through a thread i have created with fairly similar problems you went through.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...c32-owner.html

The full fuel pump assembly unit is quite difficult to track down. There is one for sale here:

https://www.rexbo.eu/bosch/fuel-feed...00267&at=11221

The only issue with this is that I am not sure if it is actually the correct one. Our cars have an aux pump that sits on the outside of the assembly and from the image i cannot see it. The regular C's have the same setup but without the aux pump, which is what may be in the link but miss allocated to the C32 by Rexbo.

If you can find a shop willing to replace the pumps inside your original assembly unit it is much, much cheaper. The links are available for ordering them in the thread i posted above. My understanding is the fuel sending unit just literally holds the pumps in place, the electrical connections run from the fuel sending unit to the fuel pumps housed in the assembly unit within the fuel tank. Although, if you can track down the whole unit with pumps, that would obviously be preferable. For the price (part cost of separate pumps = $250 CAD shipped vs. the $2000 you are being quoted for the assembly unit and pumps)

Hope this helps.

I just recently got my car back after 4 weeks of dealing with pumps and sending units, great to have it back. I am realizing more and more this is a common problem for the C32's
Old 05-14-2015, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32amg 2003
thanks my friend, i think i will order the pumps off ebay separately and just swap them out into the old assembly, as you said i believe the assembly just holds them in place as well, and somebody else in the forum has done the same thing. $300 US plus shipping off ebay beats the $2000 plus canadaian mercedes has quoted me o God,

I can't wait to do the change, i will post the details on here.

Thank you very much for your input
Old 05-14-2015, 02:53 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
You can also find parts needed for your vehicle here as well as any DIY help you're needing here.

-Luccia