C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

considering either purchasing a C55 or E55??

Old 06-16-2015, 09:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 C55, 1995 C36
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Now that I would like to see my friend. Other than putting a supercharger or Nitrous on it, you will NEVER get an addtional 100 RWP out of it.

The E is heavier no doubt, but it IS just more car for the buck.

As I said I had a C32 and E55, and I really do NOT miss the E. Mainly becaused I raod raced both, and the C32 being 1000 pounds lighter was the better choice for me.

However, if I were buying a daily driver, the comparison is not close at all.

To each their own, but I know where my money would go.
Not sure if mguerrero meant crank or wheel hp, he didn't specify. Assuming he did mean rwhp, I'm knocking on the door at the low end of his estimation and wouldn't feel uncomfortable classifying the experience so far as easy. If he meant crank then I'm already well into his projection. I wouldn't call it easy or cheap from this point forward though!

Just so I understand correctly, are you saying you preferred your C32 to the E55 for road racing, but preferred the E55 over the C55 for the same?

Also, you asked previously what gains could be had from a C55. At this point the fastest C32 on dragtimes belongs to mbworld member Pansu at 12.314 @ 113.72

At this point there are 3 all-motor C55s on dragtimes that have run faster than that:
Former member cap55 ran 12.229 @ 112.98
Current member EDgineered ran 12.180 @ 112.88
My best time thus far is in my sig

I really think there's more time on the table for both the C32 and a normally aspirated C55

Originally Posted by blacksage
You lost credibility with that first sentence. Please tell me how I can easily pull 80 HP out of the C55. While I do not doubt it is possible, it definitely wont be easy like the 335i guys.

DEFINITELY not 335 easy lol. Cost-wise I'd say I was in for about $3500 in parts/labor for go-fast goodies when I did my last dyno and 1/4 mile runs? Keeping an eye on the classifieds pays off if you're patient
Old 06-17-2015, 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
First of all lets look at the C32 to C55 for HP:

With a pulley, HE and cat delete, aka around $1000 the C32 is a 12.3 at 115 MPH car.

The C55 for about the same money, aka maybe an exhaust is mid 13's at 108, on a good day.

Also, ALL of your fast C55's have a supercharger on them. Can you say BIG BUCKS boys and girls.

Please let me know how much money you have into yours for curiosity's sake.

Now the C32 to E55 road race comparison. My C32 was modded, with what I posted above. It was about 1000 pounds lighter than the E. So YES I enjoyed it more. The E was faster on straights no doubt, but that weight really showed in corning, and of course brake fade.

I have never driven a C55 on the track. However, a stock one is DOWN on power compared to my C32. Hence my statement.

My thoughts on this are clear, well in my mind at least, the E55 is just MORE car than the C55. More room, more power, more of just about everything. And of course cost to, LOL

If you are buying a daily driver, I could not say the C is a better choice, IMHO.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none... for now

With a pulley, HE and cat delete, aka around $1000 the C32 is a 12.3 at 115 MPH car.

The C55 for about the same money, aka maybe an exhaust is mid 13's at 108, on a good day.
Almost any forced induction car wins the hp/$ competition. Totally agree. But those parts listed equalling $1000? That's bargain used pricing. In which case give the C55 the same.

And a C55 with $1000 running mid 13's on a good day? That made me giggle. I wouldn't be considering one if that was the case. The overwhelming majority I see post runs <13.4 unless the guy runs a weak 2.5 60'. Whatever car I get next I'll certainly take to the drags just for kicks every now and then. At Cecil or Atco I'm confident I could get a stock one on sticky street tires(not drag radials) into the 12's on a cool night.

Also, ALL of your fast C55's have a supercharger on them. Can you say BIG BUCKS boys and girls.
True. Not sure what being an 11 second DD has to do with this thread though? In fact the whole idea your not getting is even if he modded a C55 to run a 12.5 along with a C32, along with a stock E55, the C55 will still be most reliable as a car, as a DD.

Now the C32 to E55 road race comparison. My C32 was modded, with what I posted above. It was about 1000 pounds lighter than the E. So YES I enjoyed it more. The E was faster on straights no doubt, but that weight really showed in corning, and of course brake fade.

I have never driven a C55 on the track. However, a stock one is DOWN on power compared to my C32. Hence my statement.
I believe all of that, but modded vs stock is rarely a fair comparisson especially since it's documented a stock C55 handles better then a stock C32. With very similar suspension set ups and neither 1 weighing noticeably more then the other though, both can be made to handle nearly identically so that's a wash. The E I certainly understand though.

My thoughts on this are clear, well in my mind at least, the E55 is just MORE car than the C55. More room, more power, more of just about everything. And of course cost to, LOL

If you are buying a daily driver, I could not say the C is a better choice, IMHO.
No one's arguing that. More power, room, luxuries, trunk space, heft, and operating costs. The E55 is faster at any speed and any rpm, and power potential is huge. On the other hand, it doesn't handle or brake any better then a C55 despite expensive hardware. It will almost inevitably cost more to own between insurance, gas, and part costs.

If he's a baller and wants to pay to drive a 10 year old SL55 and E55, awesome. The E55 is more comfortable and faster. Is it the better DD? Personally a DD shouldn't cost as much to own as your toy, but that's up to OP to decide...

now that he's abandoned us to fight amongst ourselves lol!

Last edited by ///AchMeinGott; 06-17-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:46 PM

2006 C55, 1995 C36

Since there is only one C32 that has trapped 115 you must be talking about the white Eurocharged C32. When it ran the 12.3 @ 115 it also had nitrous and a full CryO2 setup including fuel chiller, 2 intake chillers and a sprayer for the h/e. $1000 is inaccurate.

Those are bone-stock C55 times

This is not me trying to provoke, just (hopefully) making a point:
The 3 C55's I listed above were all naturally aspirated when they ran times faster than the C32 record. By your logic, if the only fast C55s are supercharged, then those 3 cars are slow which by extension also means that ALL C32s are slow. I can't imagine you would believe this is true. I don't, but I do think it illustrates in an exaggerated way that your statement is a bit extreme perhaps?

Going FI is definitely pricey though, but I knew that when I pulled the trigger so I can't gripe about that

Please let me know how much money you have into yours for curiosity's sake.
Certainly, I had guessed around $3500 in my previous post but thinking a little more I'd revise that to closer to $4k to be accurate. I did install almost everything myself or with assistance from friends though...

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification

I wouldn't disagree that the E55 is more of just about everything you listed for consequently more money. However, there are times when more is not always the same as better for me. All due respect to big brother because the E55 was a game-changer in my eyes, but it's just not the right car for me. Takes all types to make the world go 'round, right?

Regardless, it appears ///AchMeinGott is correct...looks like OP got an E63 lol.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by dre5373
Since there is only one C32 that has trapped 115 you must be talking about the white Eurocharged C32. When it ran the 12.3 @ 115 it also had nitrous and a full CryO2 setup including fuel chiller, 2 intake chillers and a sprayer for the h/e. $1000 is inaccurate.

Those are bone-stock C55 times

This is not me trying to provoke, just (hopefully) making a point:
The 3 C55's I listed above were all naturally aspirated when they ran times faster than the C32 record. By your logic, if the only fast C55s are supercharged, then those 3 cars are slow which by extension also means that ALL C32s are slow. I can't imagine you would believe this is true. I don't, but I do think it illustrates in an exaggerated way that your statement is a bit extreme perhaps?

Going FI is definitely pricey though, but I knew that when I pulled the trigger so I can't gripe about that

Certainly, I had guessed around $3500 in my previous post but thinking a little more I'd revise that to closer to $4k to be accurate. I did install almost everything myself or with assistance from friends though...

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification

I wouldn't disagree that the E55 is more of just about everything you listed for consequently more money. However, there are times when more is not always the same as better for me. All due respect to big brother because the E55 was a game-changer in my eyes, but it's just not the right car for me. Takes all types to make the world go 'round, right?

Regardless, it appears ///AchMeinGott is correct...looks like OP got an E63 lol.

I saw Jakes car, No NO2, no cooler spray.

My mistake, C55's can do Mid 12's with some help.

PS: Jakes friend runs the Chyrsler whatever with the C32 motor, with a turbo instead of blower and 12's.

Fianl note: Guys you win, buy all the C55's you want

They are the best car ever built, and no one can beat them.

PS: But I would still buy the E55 for a daily driver:nix
Old 06-21-2015, 01:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2006 C55 AMG
This thread really went off into a rant, and almost somewhat of a C55 hate thread. I have ran my C55 against 2 other C32s, stock for stock, and my C55 won both times. Im not understanding where some of yoy are getting 13 second times for modded C55. The C55 can do mid 12s bone stock, even on **** tires.
In regards to OP's issue: Do not go with E55 at all, especially if you can get an E63. Sorry E55 guys, I know how much you like that 516 torque and forced induction but the w211 NA 6.2 is just way more badass. It feels, sounds, and looks much nicer than the pre facelift 211's. As a DD it's more reliable than the 55, and also it comes as 7 speed with paddles as opposed to the 5. I own C55 and E63 so I guess I'm super biased, but I would never choose an E55 over my C55 unless it was for a drag race. And then I would choose an E63 instead.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:30 PM

2006 C55, 1995 C36
I saw Jakes car, No NO2, no cooler spray.

My mistake, C55's can do Mid 12's with some help.

PS: Jakes friend runs the Chyrsler whatever with the C32 motor, with a turbo instead of blower and 12's.

Fianl note: Guys you win, buy all the C55's you want

They are the best car ever built, and no one can beat them.

PS: But I would still buy the E55 for a daily driver:nix

Once again, not trying to be provocative, just trying to eliminate misinformation...Jake himself posted about using nitrous and CryO2 in the thread where he announced the record.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...ad-record.html

More details about the nitrous and CryO2 setups are available from a post shortly before the trip to the drag strip:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...ar-faster.html
Old 06-22-2015, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none... for now
Originally Posted by JayceM113
This thread really went off into a rant, and almost somewhat of a C55 hate thread. I have ran my C55 against 2 other C32s, stock for stock, and my C55 won both times. Im not understanding where some of yoy are getting 13 second times for modded C55. The C55 can do mid 12s bone stock, even on **** tires.
I'd love to see that record breaking, say, 12.6 run. You can even run a good tire like Pilot Super Sport or NT05. I think the best stock-ish C55 quarter mile I've ever seen was 12.8, tune only. Stock, at any track in the world, a C55 has no chance of running a 12.5. It's a tick under 10lbs/hp with a fairly traditional automatic, not happening.

Originally Posted by JayceM113
In regards to OP's issue: Do not go with E55 at all, especially if you can get an E63. Sorry E55 guys, I know how much you like that 516 torque and forced induction but the w211 NA 6.2 is just way more badass. It feels, sounds, and looks much nicer than the pre facelift 211's. As a DD it's more reliable than the 55, and also it comes as 7 speed with paddles as opposed to the 5. I own C55 and E63 so I guess I'm super biased, but I would never choose an E55 over my C55 unless it was for a drag race. And then I would choose an E63 instead.
The 6.2 is a great motor, but certainly not without its headaches. It's a performance motor through and through, but if I wanted a DD to effortlessly haul 2 couples around, I'd rather the E55 and it's torque, and I'd give up a bit of torque for more peak hp in 90% of cars. It isn't leaps and bounds faster, despite more hp and 2 more gears afterall. The 5.4 only needs 5 gears, as it doesn't have to stay bouncing off of redline. The 6.2 loves the rpm's though. Albeit that's more of a personal preference, as I'd take the 6.2 in a lighter C or CLK any day, stock for stock.