C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

O2 Sensor, no activity, Senor 1 Bank 1/2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG
O2 Sensor, no activity, Senor 1 Bank 1/2

I noticed the last week or two that my idle was a bit rough, not very much but just a little rock every couple seconds. Today I had some time so I checked for codes and came up with P0134 and P0154.

P0134 O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0154 O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

My first thought is that it would be very odd if both sensor went at once. After some research I found the some who had both go at the same time had underlying issues which were mostly either exhaust leak or related to the air injection pump.

I went back down, start the car and pop the hood. Sure enough I hear what sounds like an exhaust leak coming from the passenger side of the engine bay.

While I need to look into the exhaust leak regardless, I was also wondering why only the first set of sensors would have an issue with the exhaust leak and not the second set. Do potentially have another issue related to the O2 sensors? Anyone have any thoughts?
Old 07-19-2015, 01:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG
I checked the car again this morning. The ticking sound is not coming from the exhaust, It sounds like it is coming from the top of the engine. Almost from the throttle body maybe, not sure why that would be making the noise though.

So now I am a bit stumped on the O2 sensor and where and what is causing this ticking noise. It was almost non-existent when the engine was cold, took it for a drive got back and popped the hood and there it was again this morning.