C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Another for Alignment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 12:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c32
Question Another for Alignment

...all right. So my local Les Schwab over the last 5 years has really been taking a dive in overall business quality but one guy I could always rely on was their alignment tech. Dude has been doing it for 25 years and generally knows his s***. Basically I took my car in a week after I bought it because the previous owner installed renntech lowering springs and hadn't had it aligned yet(no big deal needed new tires anyway). So he chocked it up and hooked up his sensors and got the rear end done in 10 minutes, he moved to the front end and just looked at it for about 15 minutes. He came out of the pit and told me I needed a camber kit because there wasn't any way to align the front end. The camber kit that they where able to get was $500 I know this guy pretty well and know he wouldn't try and shaft me so I decided I was going to figure something else out. I got home and remembered that the previous owner also had Kmac bushing installed and that the car should have virtually infinite amount of adjustment. So now Im a little perplexed as to why he couldn't alter the front camber, I know they rarely work on Mercedes especially w203 and newer models, how can I explain to him how to adjust the camber. The link system and the brand are new to me and Im quite ignorant about its adjustment points but there has to be a way to relay how to adjust it. Input and suggestions are appreciated, I'm going to be going across state next week with it and I want my baby squared away to eat up some mountain roads

My suspension mods are, renntech springs, kmac bushings, h&r sway bars if that makes any difference.

Thanks!
Old 11-20-2015, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55, 2006 Ram 2500 MegaCab diesel, sold 2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins, sold 87 190e-16v, sold 97 e420
where do you live? I assume northwest based on Schwab. I had the KMAC bushings, a buddy of mine a MB dealer does a custom alignment for me.