A few issues with my new C55...Help Appreciated

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMSA BMW E30, Suzuki Hayabusa
A few issues with my new C55...Help Appreciated

Hello,
I have been lucky enough to finally purchase my first AMG car and this C55 is quite impressive. I purchased from a fellow forum member, JOC, and he has been a real pleasure to deal with on this.

The car is great but does have several smaller issues that would be nice to shed some light on.

***The drivers side and most recently passenger side low beam headlights tend to flicker and occasionally go completely off then back on while driving...anyone experienced this or know where I could start to track this problem down?

***The rear sunshade doesn't work. When the button is pushed nothing happens, no noises, no nothing...could this be a fuse or relay problem?

***The check engine light and code shows P0410 - Air Pump...any ideas or experience on where to begin diagnosing this issue and which parts to replace?

***The passenger fog light is out and when I replaced with a new bulb the light continues to not work...

***The car is missing the securing fasteners for one of the windshield wiper blades...would anyone happen to know where I could find such a part without buying new wipers? If not what brand of wiper blades do you guys prefer?

So these are really the only issues with the car and everything else works great and the car drives phenomenally. Myself being the OCD car nut that I am it will bother me until all is well and good with the C55.

Thanks in advance for such an awesome community of enthusiasts!
Old 12-03-2015, 12:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c32
The lighting problem may just be as simple as bad connections. Probably wouldn't hurt to unplug the connectors, clean them out, and check contact points.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:29 AM

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
2004 CLK55 AMG W209
As mentioned above you can check that first. My car is having a similar issue on the passenger side (LHS) light. I was told a great deal. So I swapped the ballasters/control units to the xenons and it still persist. So now I am left with changing the bulbs over and see if it persist but I have greater issues to deal with as of late. Doesn't help to see if you driving on metal instead of asbestos.

As for the visor at the rear, I would sit in the back, get someone to hit the button up front whilst they key is in the on position and see if you can atleast hear something. If you do then just help by pulling it gently up. If you don't hear any noises, look on the forum for your W203 fuse and relay locations or designations. You should be able to pin point it and test it with a multi metre. If that still fails then maybe the motor on it is gone bad but I would first test that with direct power once you get to the plug on the motor for the visor. Else it could be a faulty switch on the dash which I doubt.

The bulb for the fog lamp, grab a multi metre and turn it to voltage. The obvious two wires here should be power and ground unless its otherwise. I would remove the connector, and test the terminals inside with the multi metre to see if power is coming through. If it aint, check a fuse. If that don't work, run long wires from the fuse to the plug and test each pin to pin for continuity. You can then tell if the wire is faulty somewhere and would then require you trace it.

The air pump I think is that big round like hooter under the front cover of the engine. It has most of the air pipes running to it from the motor and goes to a valve that is located on the passenger side. Just check if the pipes are okay and not blocked. Then see how you can test the pump or if you can get someone elses for testing to see.

Lastly the wiper blade fasteners? Are these the nuts or grommets/clips holding the wiper onto the arm or the arm to the mechanism? I would remove the other and go to a bolt and nut store and buy all the same ones. Or if you want buy it from agents. If its a clip for the wiper to arm, they sell them loose at auto shops or you may have to buy another wiper.

Best of luck. Check the W208/W209 forum for info as well hey.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:34 AM

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
2004 CLK55 AMG W209
don't forget when working with electrical to use basic principles. If you need to test voltage as mentioned then you would require battery power. If testing continuity or resistance (must be less than 10ohms for a good circuit) then you don't require battery power.
Remove negative terminal first followed by positive. Install positive first followed by negative to prevent damage to SAM modules or voltage spikes to other vulnerable components.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:34 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
C32 amg
I think for headlight and fog issue, u need a 20.00 part it puts an extra ground for the lights, I had to do that for mine, I have had a few electrcal issues too, front headlight was 20.00 fix, heated seat fix was 1.00 fix yes one dollar fix, rear taillight 40.00 fix, I'm just trying to say that these forums will help u with all ur issues without spending a ton of money