C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Modding a c55

Old 02-12-2016, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55 amg
Modding a c55

I soon plan on getting a c55 and want to mod it, nothing to crazy I just want some extra boost and HP. Any of you know any parts I could use? If so send link. Thanks
Old 02-13-2016, 04:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
You wont be extracting any extra boost as it's an NA engine so no supercharger and you would be very limited to what you could extract BHP wise unlike the C32 which is supercharged and very easy to extract a lot of extra bhp and make far quicker than you could ever make a C55 unless you'd want to at a great expense fit a charger to the 55 it's simply the V8 noise the 55 has that the 32 cant have but the 32 still sounds nice
Old 02-13-2016, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none... for now
The 32/55 suffers from the same S/C vs NA arguement as almost any engine. However, although the 5.4 is torque biased, but isn't inheriently handicapped. Though obviously upping the boost on a C32 is a pulley swap away, it still isn't the $$$ per hp of say, E55 or 03/04 Cobra.

As with anything with cars, you have to say exactly what you want/don't want. A "boost in hp" could mean literally anything.

The 5.4 has 2 drawbacks IMO. First, it needs both intake and exhaust mods to see decent gains, like most engines. So unless you custom make some things(which is entirely doable like intake and secondary cats/resonator delete) you're going to pay AMG prices for intake/exhaust/mids(stock catback is fine). Mainly headers which are absolutely bat-shiz crazy in price, yet people seem to think are justified, but I digress... If you're ok with that though, then the only other thing it has against it is the small-ish aftermarket. After the standard bolt on's, there's no intake manifold(FAST will you get on that!), cams/springs consist of about 3 tame and expensive choices, limited-slip rears are very limited, canned tunes are... well... canned, and diff gear changes are non-exsistent.

So for less then $1500 you can get an intake/secndary cat delete easily. That's the basic mod list and easy. If that's all you want you're set. As far as brands, Google is you're friend.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Really short of headers, and re-tune. Not much. The headers do make a decent bump in horsepower. They can be had for under a grand new at times.

If that is too much, just get some AEM dryflo drop ins and a tune.
http://www.aemintakes.com/search/aem...MG&engine=5.5L

Eurocharged has some good deals from time to time for tunes.

Intake wise, some may add a bit of horsepower, but with the variants I tried, I liked the Renntech CF airbox best, however, at best gave me about .5mph in 1/4mi. Worth the freight? That's up to you. If I could find a local used one for a decent price, I'd jump on it.

Last edited by Nachtsturm; 02-15-2016 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
Renntech airbox and matching Eurocharged tune on my C55. I was going to do headers also, but never got around to it...