C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Vibration after new motor mounts, flex disks and tranny mount

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 05:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 C32, 03 ML55
Vibration after new motor mounts, flex disks and tranny mount

Completed a recent refresh of some bits as I had a vibration when putting it in reverse and backing out of garage / parking spot etc. I suspected bad motor mounts even though I replaced them with uro's 6 months ago. At the time I did not know the terrible reputation of uro parts. Then I did both motor mounts and the tranny mount. After the car would warm up a bit (noticed the vibration on cold days - cold being 40 degrees or so) it would subside substantially. So.... researching here.. I concluded I'd swap them out with Lemforders. New Lemforder motor mounts and tranny mount went on and solved the immediate vibration when backing out. Now I have a bit of what seems to be a new transmission vibration of a different sort.

I recall two years ago an MB tech had told me my Flex Disks were cracked (not terrible) and to keep an eye on them. So I put new Lemforder flex disks (front and back) on. I still have the vibration and have read here it might be the angle of the transmission given the pre uro mounts were collapsed - the uro ones were not collapsed however I felt they needed to go anyway. I have checked the tranny fluid - looks good - smells good - at proper level. I think the vibration is a tick worse with the new flex disks. I did mark the driveline on both sides of both disks to ensure they mated up correctly upon install of the new ones.

So now I am at the point where I think it might be the driveline center bearing. I have seen where they sag after a while. My car is c32 2002 and 143K in and I drive her like shes a champ. I am not really convinced just yet and dont really want to dig into this bearing replacement if I dont have to.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Things I should try or think about that I have not mentioned here? Thanks.