C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 Power Steering Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 05:49 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
03 E55
C55 Power Steering Problem

So last night on my way home I spotted a big and empty parking lot. You probably could guess what happened next lol

Anyway I busted a few burnouts and topped it off with a 1080. After all the fun was over I noticed something not right with my steering wheel, I guessed I had busted my power steering pump. When I was turning it was hard to turn the steering wheel at slow speeds and made super loud noises.

Ended up going to Walmart and topped off the fluid all the way and it was still doing the same thing unfortunately

Check the fluid this morning and it has leaked it out a tiny tiny bit but it seems like most of the build up is around the resivour.

Has anyone ever had to change the pump on their c55? Does it sound like the pump needs to be replaced? Thanks
Old 06-19-2016, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
Unfortunately, it's common on these cars to have the PS pump go out when doing donuts; i.e. revving the engine high while having the steering wheel turned all the way to lock
Old 06-19-2016, 01:12 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
03 E55
Originally Posted by Viper98912
Unfortunately, it's common on these cars to have the PS pump go out when doing donuts; i.e. revving the engine high while having the steering wheel turned all the way to lock
You see I had a feeling that it was getting bad cause when I would make turns on bumpy roads I would hear power steering noises so I guess i ended its life with the donuts. Crazy how weak c55's are compared to the 32's. My c32 took so much beatings that I'm surprised the engine never dropped to the ground. It seems that the more I beat my 55, the more problems I have...