C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Help? Important Question. C32 AC Bypass?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 02:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Magma Red C32 AMG, 2003 Silver C32 AMG
Help? Important Question. C32 AC Bypass?

Greetings, I was wondering if you could bypass the ac compressor? (Shorter belt?, removing pulley?) If so how? Why? because i'm building a track car and it would be sick. Please help lol

Build Thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...car-build.html
Old 09-22-2016, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
This question is SOOOO Important eh? Of course you can.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by insame1
This question is SOOOO Important eh? Of course you can.
Don't be rude the guy is asking a question for a reason...and it just happens to be I was going to post a new post asking same exact question. I presume like him we need help figuring out how?

1. If anyone knows belt size if one has specific pulley upgrades like I have the 185 crank pulley. Or a way to figure out a belt size like using maybe a thin rope to follow route of belt minus the AC compressor?

My pulley on my AC compressor is wobbly rolling the pulley it has obvious opposition(can't think of word) while turning and it appears metal shims are coming off it. I was told it's a sheer pulley on our a/c compressor thus IF it's throwing out metal shims it's most likely getting ready to lockup or has locked up.

I'd like to run my car down the track this next month thus prefer to bypass a/c compressor in the meantime and get it fixed right over the winter.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
Originally Posted by c32used
Don't be rude the guy is asking a question for a reason...and it just happens to be I was going to post a new post asking same exact question. I presume like him we need help figuring out how?

1. If anyone knows belt size if one has specific pulley upgrades like I have the 185 crank pulley. Or a way to figure out a belt size like using maybe a thin rope to follow route of belt minus the AC compressor?

My pulley on my AC compressor is wobbly rolling the pulley it has obvious opposition(can't think of word) while turning and it appears metal shims are coming off it. I was told it's a sheer pulley on our a/c compressor thus IF it's throwing out metal shims it's most likely getting ready to lockup or has locked up.

I'd like to run my car down the track this next month thus prefer to bypass a/c compressor in the meantime and get it fixed right over the winter.

Sorry i think If you are going to post with a title like that I expect "I am stranded" or something of the like. I'm in IT and if you emailed me "HELP! Urgent help needed" and then told me my word shortcut is broken. I would put you on the bottom of the list.

Dont cry wolf and you wont get bashed.