C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Washer pump questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 09:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 CLA 45 AMG
Question Washer pump questions

I believe I have a washer fluid leak on my C55. Been googling and searching and would love it if y'all could verify for me a couple things. I'm leaking at the orange arrow, and can't seem to figure out what that even is called. If I understand correctly, I have two washer pumps, the headlight one is the outer most one and the windshield one is the inner one that I believe is connected to this piece that is dripping. The WIS calls it a gasket?? My assumption is that I need to replace the grommet and/or windshield washer pump. Does that seem correct?

My car

From the WIS, says #3 is a gasket but never really references it in the rest of the text?

As always, many thanks from a novice DIYer,
~Marci
Old 11-28-2016, 10:32 AM

Received 223 Likes on 166 Posts
'08 S550 P3; Golf Carts; MT Bike; Scooters
What you have stated seems to be correct. Drain the tank, replace the pump and gasket (grommet) and see if it stops the leak.

I have a leak in my headlight washer pump too, and I'll replace the grommet (gasket) as well as the pump. I found this issue when working on the front end (after hitting a deer!) and the pump was completely corroding and swelling outside of the pump casing. Not even sure it works, but it definitely needs replacing.
The following users liked this post:
AMGVice (11-28-2016)
Old 11-28-2016, 10:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 CLA 45 AMG
Thanks!

So if the gasket is the grommet (same thing different word)--is that what the drip is coming out of in my picture? I thought the grommet was a piece that sits between the pump and the hole into the reservoir...

The thing with the drip on my car has all those tubes coming into it and then I believe is attached to the pump outside the reservoir.

I imagine I'll learn more once I get the wheel off and start taking it apart. It was just driving me batty that I can't seem to find out what the thing is called that is actually dripping in my car...!
Old 11-28-2016, 11:16 AM

Received 223 Likes on 166 Posts
'08 S550 P3; Golf Carts; MT Bike; Scooters
I think the fluid is wetting the hoses, and the pump or grommet is leaking to make them wet. The grommet sits between the pump and reservoir.
It may be something else, you will have to trace the leak.

Here is the windshield washer pump and grommet: http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/..._pg1.htm#item1

Here is the headlight washer pump, and different grommet: http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...MISCWP_pg2.htm

Note these were for a C32, so yours may vary.
The following users liked this post:
AMGVice (11-28-2016)