C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

current drain c32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32 amg
current drain c32

Hi guys, been awhile since Ive been on the c32 forum . have completely gone thru my c32 from one end to the other. replaced all steering and suspension parts ,all bearings and tensioner on eng ,rotors, end and all rear suspension parts .I had considered selling it but the car is immaculate and in top form. Drove some other cars ,some faster, some more refined and flashy, but love my c32 and still kicks ***. Im having a problem with the battery going completely flat overnight. Checked alternator output,good at 14.2 vdc , installed an inline dc ammeter and I have current draw of 1.1 amps with the car completely shut down. I pulled every fuse in the car to see if I could find the drain. Pulled relays,unplugged seat modules . I have no baseline as to what nominal base line current draw should be. I did hook up the ammeter to my c300 and it pulls about .8 amps shut down. so alternator output is ok,suspicious of the battery .It is 7 years old,it load tested ok,but that was after it was trickle charged for 24 hrs. any ideas thanks dusty
Old 01-15-2017, 06:07 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 C55 AMG
Maybe too simple of an idea, does your C300 battery fit in the C32? Swap them and see what happens.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 70 Posts
E55
Draw on pretty much any Mercedes should be less than 100ma after approx 15 minutes with all doors, trunk, hood closed and preferably locked. Seat modules are the most common. Did you unplug them at the module or just by pulling the fuses? I'd get a good battery first then continue monitoring for a draw. Only other draws I've seen on early 203 model would be instrument cluster and overhead control panel.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32 amg
battery drain

thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to replace the battery and go from there.also going to check out the alternator,might have a diode leaking and draining the battery. will keep you posted on what
I find thanks dusty