C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

custom S/C

Old 12-28-2007, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like airplane
as of now i don't have any timing adjustments- splitsecond said they can provide that down the road (probably) as i need it. I will contact that other member also in regards to that.

for now i need to get the car running and get as much data as possible about how it runs in order to predict how it will run with a couple more psi/what will be necessary.

i'm definitely going to run some meth come spring (when the car will actually be driven). Like i said, for now- it's really more about gathering data/information than making it a driver or "done".

thanks guys
Old 12-28-2007, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
5psi with a split second clamp @ 4.89 and a rising rate FMU

what does that mean?

i'm going to program my "003" this evening assuming all goes well (just in order to drive it to the dyno). is the 4.89 split seconds "scaling" setting across the board with the non-adjustable clamp? can you clarify what that means. Obviously, if i can replicate the clamp as much as possible it will be most correct on the way to the dyno.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
car runs! no cel was triggered by idling it in the garage. Looks and sounds as it should. It is going in next friday for tuning.

I STILL need a tach. wire

I have had various good leads, but nothing seems to provide the signal i need. Does anyone have a suggestion?

-drew
Old 12-29-2007, 02:44 AM

1973 Yugo
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
..........best way to describe is a wireless module to module communication in the car. The traditional wires that things like remote car starters and engine mnagement units hook up to do not exist. You first need to convert the wireless to a wired system.......hence CANBUS adapter.

Ted
Oh and where would you be able to get this CANBUS adapter?
Old 12-29-2007, 06:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by silence
car runs! no cel was triggered by idling it in the garage. Looks and sounds as it should. It is going in next friday for tuning.

I STILL need a tach. wire

I have had various good leads, but nothing seems to provide the signal i need. Does anyone have a suggestion?

-drew
........Again, as fas as I understand it there is no tach wire in your car. Notice how the C36 owner was saying how easy it is to find your tach wire. CANBUS equiped cars do not have tach wire. You maybe able to rig one up, but I have never done it or seen it done. My point again is, ignoring the problem has led to endless waste of time.

Ted
Old 12-29-2007, 07:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by cicbenz
Oh and where would you be able to get this CANBUS adapter?
..............This is EXACTLY were we all need to be concentrating. Mine was custom made in the UK......not the right solution cost wise or practicality wise for routine tunning of our cars.

Ted
Old 12-29-2007, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Check this info out about the CLK55 install, lots of good info, and again I would search and read his posts as it will help you a bit. The splitsecond unit he is speaking of seams to be different than yours...the unit that HPS supplied was an 003 I thought??

http://www.geocities.com/gregcclk55/

From what I gather my MAF clamp has three wires to it, ground, power, and MAF signal. I will check the garage today.....
Old 12-29-2007, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
mine needs-

power
ground
maf signal in
maf out
tach

the one they provide does the same thing all the time (always adding soem amount of fuel)

mine needs the axis of rpm's in order to be "adjustable"- it should provide me with more accuracy in my a/f as i add meth and other goodies.

if there is no way i can figure it out i'll buy that spare you have, lol

thanks

-drew
Old 12-29-2007, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
btw- his link goes to their product which tunes the new tt bmw's. I'm sure he is using the same product i am, need to contact him then. I also contacted E55cent directly as he is using the same or very similar unit.

do you know his screen name?
Old 12-29-2007, 06:21 PM

1973 Yugo
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
..............This is EXACTLY were we all need to be concentrating. Mine was custom made in the UK......not the right solution cost wise or practicality wise for routine tunning of our cars.

Ted
Yeah,not practical at all.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
btw- his link goes to their product which tunes the new tt bmw's. I'm sure he is using the same product i am, need to contact him then. I also contacted E55cent directly as he is using the same or very similar unit.

do you know his screen name?
"E55cent" Mario is a good buddy of mine. I bought my kit the day after I got a ride in his beast I could probably get you guys in contact if you would like. His car uses the same unit as mine, pre-set. I believe the CLK's had a higher C/R so that why GregC insisted on puling timing from the start. Mario however has the adjustable FMU and that was what he used to fix is A/F issue. The 5.5 motors don't run well out of the box with the GEN1 system. GregC posts will cover why it doesn't work well with the 5.5 but works great with the 4.3. Marios car is for sale and sits in a garage undriven so I don't think he can save you either
Old 12-31-2007, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
Mario sent me a pm stating that he was running adjustable fmu AND maf scaler... Maybe i was confused by the language and he was using the stock clamp.

I'm SURE someone knows how to do what i need here- I just would really like to have it ready to go this week so i can get the car tuned on schedule and really see where i stand.

-drew
Old 01-01-2008, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
I'm 99% cetain he has the same preset box that HPS supplied. What he means by scalling I don't know. Like the industry I work in there are sometimes 10x names for the same damn thing. Its probably the same one. What it does I believe is prevent the MAF from tapping 5V and throwing CEL's. The MAF sees alot more air now and clamping it at 4.8xx?? keeps it from going over.

Ever get a hold of GregC?

Mario sent me a pm stating that he was running adjustable fmu AND maf scaler... Maybe i was confused by the language and he was using the stock clamp.

I'm SURE someone knows how to do what i need here- I just would really like to have it ready to go this week so i can get the car tuned on schedule and really see where i stand.

-drew
Old 01-01-2008, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
i posted in his thread an pm'd him- no response yet

I really want to make this work- i know your car is running well, but i'm scared of having no "tuning" when i start moving further away from stock.