C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

How many keys did you get when you bought your c43

Old 09-29-2008, 06:50 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Question How many keys did you get when you bought your c43

Hey guys and dolls.
I just wonder how many keys you got when you bought your c43>?

I only got 2 keys and they are the electronic keys incl. the metal keys on side,
I didn't get the plastic flat spare key that holds the metall key inside,
(non battery function key)

Did 98 and 99 year models only recieve 2 keys?
Did the millenium car recive 3 keys? 2 battery charged keys and 1 non battery charged key?

Thanks
Old 09-29-2008, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like airplane
i only got one

i've been meaning to order more for a long time

does someone have the diy info?
Old 09-29-2008, 02:11 PM

'98 C43 AMG. Obsidian Blk w/2 tone slvr/blk interior
diy for ordering a key? you have to present your title/proof of vin ownership to get a key for your car with said vin on documentation.

i received 2 electronic keys (the huge, old, ugly ones) and one flat key in the plastic housing... mines a '98

i also purchased the new "chrome" key, had to have it. 250 bucks from local dealership, got it the next day. no programming required, it worked right off the bat.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
i thought there was way to self program?
Old 09-29-2008, 03:25 PM

well even if there was, you would have cut your key to your vin's unique lock pattern. when i ordered my key, they cut the "valet" key and programed the key to my car and sent it to me ready to go.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:17 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by SeeKlasse
diy for ordering a key? you have to present your title/proof of vin ownership to get a key for your car with said vin on documentation.

i received 2 electronic keys (the huge, old, ugly ones) and one flat key in the plastic housing... mines a '98

i also purchased the new "chrome" key, had to have it. 250 bucks from local dealership, got it the next day. no programming required, it worked right off the bat.

hey bud did your new chrome key work right on directly, from the stelears shelf, no programing requiered>?
I only have the 2 black ugly ones that were standard keys in 99
thanks
Old 09-30-2008, 09:22 AM

there are no keys for our cars available on any shelf. the unique wireless code and physical metal key have to be set to our cars' vin lock system, or if its been changed, set to the new one. our keys have to be ordered from mercedes-benz, or a resaler who orders from... mercedes benz.

the whole process is pretty simple, present your title/proof of ownership at dealership or fax it into an online retailer, and they will put an order in for your key at the facility. your key will be selected from a pile of generic keys that have no program and no key insert. they then cut an insert to go into your key, and program the key (which is permanent, once programmed you cannot program another code on that key) for your car, and overnight the key to you or the place you ordered it from...

250 at the dealer. ive heard of online sellers doing it for 150 but when i tried to buy my "chrome" key i resorted to the dealership bc i couldnt find any online retailers...

the key worked right away. the parts rep opened the package infront of me and handed me the key. i walked outside and clicked the unlock button on the new key and it worked. put it in the ignition, cranked the car up, and drove away. very happy with the chrome key. fits quite nicely in the "change" pocket found on jeans.