Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) Discuss the C36 and C43 AMG.

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #1

Drives: mercedes c36 amg
mercedes c36 amg shock absorbers

hi
I need some assistance, im based in the uk, and one of my rear shock absorbers are leaking, i believe they are Bilstein HD and i have had a look at it and it has a blue H stamped on it with the numbers 649 1848 m01, i believe the mercedes part number is HWA 2023260200, mercedes are saying they will need to ship in from germany and it is not similar to other merc c class fitments and the cost would be 255 inc vat for one.!!
Other suppliers in the uk are not listing the C36 and they say they have contacted Bilstein who say they do not have.

Options

1) Im looking to get a pair of HD's so they can go straight on
2) source some similar spec shocks with no adjustments required
3) used HD shock shock for the rear so i can replace just the one

Thanks for your help
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

taj.basra@yahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: 2002 CLK430
Option #1 is the most straightforward. Option #2 is doable. Who are you considering, KONI? I wouldn't consider #3. Buying used non-rebuildable shocks is a cheap short term workaround. Shocks are normal wear parts that should be replaced in pairs at a minimum (I'd consider doing all four if the car will be kept ).
MarcusF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Switzerland: Locarno (TI), the canton of merlot wine, grappa and fine food
Drives: 98' C240T, 99' C43 AMG "T Rex"
If you are in the UK, get in contact with BlackC55 on this forum: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/
You have to sign up as a member though.... worth it too IMO
DRBC43AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:44 AM   #4

Drives: mercedes c36 amg
c36 shocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusF View Post
Option #1 is the most straightforward. Option #2 is doable. Who are you considering, KONI? I wouldn't consider #3. Buying used non-rebuildable shocks is a cheap short term workaround. Shocks are normal wear parts that should be replaced in pairs at a minimum (I'd consider doing all four if the car will be kept ).
Thanks for the reply
Where would i get the shock absorbers from, i would consider any shocks to similar spec of the original, i do not want to alter any springs or change much of the height of the car.

Cheers
taj.basra@yahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:44 AM

Tags
2012, absorber, amg, c36, forum, hwa, mercedes, number, part, rear, removal, replace, shock, shocks, tool, w202