Air Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
1999 AMG C43
Air Suspension

Has anyone upgraded to an air suspension? Currently thinking air suspension with yellow Koni shocks.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 C36 AMG, 1998 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by mickey13
Has anyone upgraded to an air suspension? Currently thinking air suspension with yellow Koni shocks.
Think of the corners, man
Old 04-15-2014, 02:00 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
C43 5.4, ML320CDI, Fords
I see no reason for it. There is a reason Mercedes has never put air springs on any c-class.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:01 PM
RPB

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by mickey13
This post was a dagger in the chest!!

Please get a Range Rover for that.

Last edited by RPB; 04-15-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
1999 AMG C43
I'm sorry guys, I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. I realize there are purists who seek to keep their cars original spec or in the "AMG" tradition. I am grappling with those issues myself, but I see a lot of people on these forums modifying their cars with aftermarket or upgraded performance features. I would hazard to say I have one of the most factory-spec C43s out of anyone on this forum, from the goofy high suspension to the worn out C43 floor mats, I mean my car is basically 99% stock out of factory. The only deficiency my car currently has is the missing cell phone from the armrest. I think all the mods are great, at the same time I sort of want to lock the car up in the garage and forget about changing anything out. I suppose I'll have to answer my own questions, like what makes me happy and how if at all should I modify my car.

I personally think a lot of members here have the philosophy that AMG thought outside of the box when they made the C43 and they want to keep that type of ingenuity alive in their personal cars. Engine swaps, upgraded rims, suspension modification, carbon fiber addition and the list goes on. The line is blurred for me as to what is ok and what is not, when an aftermarket company makes rims for the manufacturer as an oem upgrade, whats the difference between the aftermarket company that was awarded the contract for one model and an aftermarket company that was awarded the contract for another model. I suppose there will always be differences in the way people want or think it is ok to modify a car or approach any issue.

With all of that said, let me throw this out there, Mercedes Benz has added an air suspension to the new C-Class set to debut in 2015. Also, air suspensions are not what they were in the past, the technology has changed and you may be surprised at how some of the modern applications are being used. Finally to quell the rumble in the jungle, I am certainly not talking about a three wheeling dancing AMG. LOL

Ultimately I think a car should be used to please the owner instead of impressing others and right now I'm just looking around to figure out how I'll derive the most pleasure from my C43, some have a vision on Day 1 and others, like myself, take time to develop what it may be.

Cheers.