C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Looking for Euro C36 springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 C36 AMG and 1999 BMW e46
Looking for Euro C36 springs

Does anyone have the part numbers for the Euro c36 springs? I've been struggling with the fact that I would like to lower it, but at the same time, I'd like to keep it mostly original. So this seemed like a good option.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:13 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
99 C43 AMG, 2001 CLK55 AMG
i currently have the euro spec srpings on my c43, dont know if c36 were same or not. but im thinking about going to something stiffer. would be willing to sell mine to you if your interested. been in the car about a year and an half, about 10k miles.

there is a thread here called euro spec or whatever with info on this, but again dont know if the C36 was different than the C43.

FYI, i love the ride height on the euro springs. now that they are settled its about 1 finger gap in the front fender and 2 maybe 2.5 in the back. see photos i have in the latest page of the picture thread.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:56 PM

The ride height on your car looks great, I just can't find any information on if there is a big difference between the C36 and the C43 springs. How much would you want for yours?

I have an Eibach Pro Kit on my BMW, and I love it, but my worry about going with aftermarket springs like H&R, Eibach, or Vogtland, is that I might just end up with springs for a C280, which may be an upgrade for the c280, but not for the C36. I dont want to end up with a downgrade in handling just to make the car look better. I want form AND function.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carlsson CM60 EX:C36AMG'96
Originally Posted by Twichel04
The ride height on your car looks great, I just can't find any information on if there is a big difference between the C36 and the C43 springs. How much would you want for yours?

I have an Eibach Pro Kit on my BMW, and I love it, but my worry about going with aftermarket springs like H&R, Eibach, or Vogtland, is that I might just end up with springs for a C280, which may be an upgrade for the c280, but not for the C36. I dont want to end up with a downgrade in handling just to make the car look better. I want form AND function.
My 96 c36 came stock with the euro springs. I switched them out for vogtland spring and koni adjustable shocks. I can confirm this is not! a downgrade. Love them improved the car much more then expected.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:07 PM

Good to know! I come from the w201 world, and lowering springs for the m103 powered cars are very hard to come by. Vogtland is one of the few dealers that claim to carry springs for the 2.6.... 90% of the time, when people order 2.6 springs, what they actually get is 2.3 springs repackaged in a 2.6 box... hence my concern...
Old 07-30-2014, 06:34 PM

'97 c36
Originally Posted by w202mylove
My 96 c36 came stock with the euro springs. I switched them out for vogtland spring and koni adjustable shocks. I can confirm this is not! a downgrade. Love them improved the car much more then expected.
+1 I had US spec springs before. But I have to agree I really like this set up as well. Just a touch rougher ride over large bumps but still very comfortable and comparable to the stock ride. The over all improvement was substantial. I do wish the spring was a touch taller as it is pretty low with the thickest pads. Have to be mindful of parking stops/curbs ect. Even more so with reversing as now the exhaust could contact. I'm not totally sure at what ride hight point you "need" a way to correct the camber. But before alignment and having the shop adjust the adjustable camber arms. A good amount of negative camber was present with the factory length camber arm. More than I think you would want as a daily driver. The fronts were corrected with MB bolt kits.

On that note though if You do go the vogtland/koni route. I'd suggest the adjustable lower control arm bushing over the adjustable camber arm personal opinion.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carlsson CM60 EX:C36AMG'96
If I remember correctly they designed the vogtland springs I have for the c280. However they work just great on the c36 and I drive it very hard lol. They never made a kit for the c36/43 I believe.

vogtland partnumber :952079

Unfortunatly I have no good video of how it handles. difference to stock is night and day.

Maybe you can get an idea of how it handles from this video

I never really push the car when a friend gets his phone out to film.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Super B
+1 I had US spec springs before. But I have to agree I really like this set up as well. Just a touch rougher ride over large bumps but still very comfortable and comparable to the stock ride. The over all improvement was substantial. I do wish the spring was a touch taller as it is pretty low with the thickest pads. Have to be mindful of parking stops/curbs ect. Even more so with reversing as now the exhaust could contact. I'm not totally sure at what ride hight point you "need" a way to correct the camber. But before alignment and having the shop adjust the adjustable camber arms. A good amount of negative camber was present with the factory length camber arm. More than I think you would want as a daily driver. The fronts were corrected with MB bolt kits.

On that note though if You do go the vogtland/koni route. I'd suggest the adjustable lower control arm bushing over the adjustable camber arm personal opinion.

I used to driving a low car, my BMW is pretty low, (to the point where I have to have -1.7* camber to keep from rubbing, it doesn't help that the wheels are 10'' wide) and I'm not planning on going quite that low with the 36, I would just like a little less wheel gap!

As for the camber, I already have parts on order to build my own camber arms, but I will not be using heim joints, they will have nylon bushings. This will just be for street use for now, I am not planning on doing any autocross until it has a 5speed in it. And I am not too worried about the alignment, since I do my own alignments.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:01 PM

'97 c36
I used to driving a low car, my BMW is pretty low, (to the point where I have to have -1.7* camber to keep from rubbing, it doesn't help that the wheels are 10'' wide) and I'm not planning on going quite that low with the 36, I would just like a little less wheel gap! As for the camber, I already have parts on order to build my own camber arms, but I will not be using heim joints, they will have nylon bushings. This will just be for street use for now, I am not planning on doing any autocross until it has a 5speed in it. And I am not too worried about the alignment, since I do my own alignments.
Yeah you'll love the set up then. Pretty popular set up anymore.

I used nylon bushings as well. Since you do your own alignments and stuff bet you know your way around a car. But make sure you grease the hell out of those bushings with some synthetic grease as they have a tendency to squeak. I'm going to go backwards a bit on the arms I built and drill/install some grease zerks.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:24 PM

yea i know what you mean. it looks like the eibach and h&R sport springs for the C43 are the same ones offered for the C280 on tire rack. not sure of the difference between us spec C43 springs and the C280 springs to know how "upgraded" the C43 springs were. the euro springs were from a E class if i recall correctly.

I would have to look into how much the euro springs cost new from the dealership but i would probably sell them for 30% less than that.... you wouldn't have to wait for mine to settle
Old 08-07-2014, 05:33 PM

Let me know what you decide on the price.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:22 PM

Let me know what you decide on the price.
Sent you a pm.