C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Lets talk exhuast c36

Old 07-31-2014, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'97 c36
Lets talk exhuast c36

I know there are lots of older posts but a lot of members aren't around anymore so it's hard to hear how they like it after some miles. I guess what would be nice to know is a couple things.

One: what's your fancy? removing the res? Changing the rear box?

Two: anyone ever ditch the twin cats for a single high flow one?

Three: anyone run some electric cutouts? I saw one on a s15 Nissan the other day.. It was pretty sweet.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carlsson CM60 EX:C36AMG'96
Only deleting the resonator gives the car a more rasp sound. Comparable to the sound from the E46 m3, maybe you are familiar with how it sounds.

Deleting the cat makes it a bit louder and more racy, more to my taste! jayrasheed on this forum runs test pipes, there are a few videos from him on youtube you might want to look it up.

Personally I wouldn't just delete the resonator. It makes it less special sounding in my opinion. I love how the c36 sounds more deep and has a sort of growl to it.

So this is what I did, I just wanted it louder more deep and a bit more racelike. I deleted the resonator and installed the Supersprint muffler. At first startup I was a bit dissapointed, it wasnt much louder. After I drove it and got it broken in I really started to love it. The car is louder but you can still have a decent conversation inside. It has a deep sound to it when you cruise but when I step on it that changes. It becomes louder and makes a more highpitch sound! which does sound very good to me.

Love the way my car sounds after this mod! From my experience an inline 6 is one of the best sounding engines there is! however it does need the right exhaust. a c36 with a different muffler from another brand and design will sound different.

The brands I would recommand are Supersprint or Eisenmann (clk430 one fits our car) I really would like to see how a c36 sounds with an eisenmann race exhaust.

Btw In my opinion the c36 and c43 are both very good sounding cars! although they are both pretty quiet stock

Few weeks ago I went to Bimmerfest with my 36, alot of people that drove m3s(36/46) were looking at my car at the entrance. All cars were lined up in two lanes. Few people asked me what engine was in it and if I could rev it. They liked it, and maybe hated it a bit
Old 08-01-2014, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'97 c36
Thanks, sounds like a pretty sweet set up and thanks for the info. Pretty sure a change in sound is the next mod. Just figuring out which direction I want to go. I really like the way the car sounds now but would love it if it was a bit louder over all. As far a cat replacement are you guys keeping the twin set up or has anybody played with singles?

*edit* freaking iphone changing words when your not looking.

Last edited by Super B; 08-01-2014 at 05:22 PM.