C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

How to re-install fuel injectors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 Mercedes C36 AMG
Question How to re-install fuel injectors?

Members -

As part of my head gasket replacement, I sent out and had my fuel injectors serviced (Mr Injector, ebay page, $102).

Upon reinstalling the injectors in the fuel rail - when I added the spring clip which secures them to the rail, they almost all are canted to one side. So, when I put the rail back on the manifold, the bolt holes for the rails do not align with the monifold/block. It's about 1/2 a bold width off.

1. Do you apply force to make the o-rings "seat" in the manifold, just as you do the upper o-ring in the rail - or, do the injectors just lie flush against the hole?

2. Will securing the bolts pull the rail and injectors into alignment?

I didn't want to risk this by trail-and-error. Injectors are too expensive.

Notice how they are all leaning upward - to the left when placed on the engine block. They were straight in the rail until I added the spring clips.

Thanks in advance!
CigarXO
Old 09-12-2014, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
if you are certain you have the clip seated properly in the rail and the injector, then you should be able to go ahead and install. The injectors should have a little bit of wiggle in the rail to get them all in place.

Did you lubricate the o-rings at all before installing into the rail?
Old 09-12-2014, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 Mercedes C36 AMG
Thanks Quad.

Mission accomplished.
I did lub o-rings on both ends. They aligned in rail until snap clips were put on. The tightening of the rail bolts into the manifold pulled the injectors into alignment, but of course was a PIA because of the tension needed and the extremely tight spots of some of the Allen bolts. I've got to find me a ultra thin/tiny and flexible tool combo to allow Allen sockets into these spots. The center rail bolt was the worst due to the intake stack tube being in place and the rail blocking from the back. Removing the stack tube would have meant a struggle with a hose band getting it off and on - down under the manifold. I opted for 1/8 rotation turns with round 6mm bicycle allen wrench and traditional 'L' allen wrench.
Another challenge down!!!