C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Homeowners Insurance?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 09:32 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
2006 E55 AMG/1996 C36 AMG/1999 C43/55 AMG
Homeowners Insurance?

December 12 my garage was broken into and the thieves made off with approx. $10K-$12K CAD worth of power tools, tools, wheels, tires and many expensive parts pertaining to my C43 and my wife's M3. Auto insurance is only covering one set of wheels/tires per vehicle and that consists of two separate claims. One per vehicle. Homeowers insurance is covering the majority of items such as power tools, automotive tools, car stereo subs, amp speakers, general tools, sporting goods and my ultra rare Kuwahara KZ-83 BMX that I assembled back in 1982 of which is valued at $2K USD. They even stole my Mercedes spring compression tool, Easton fender roller, diagnostic tool and my Mercedes head unit of which is useless to them. Luckily my homeowners insurance covers upto $2K per bike. What puzzles me is the fact that they claim to only payout upto $1K for auto parts of which the majority that was stolen were auto parts. I find it baffling that bikes have more coverage than auto parts which are far more expensive. Auto insurance won't cover any auto related parts that were not attached to the vehicle at the time they were stolen. I intend to plead my case as the payout won't cover one vehicle's losses, let alone two. I am reading the policy and it does not specify what is considered auto parts. I have many receipts but, only relating to half of what was taken. If I can't produce receipts, I will need to produce pics to prove that I did in fact have the items that I'm claiming to have been stolen. Anyone have any input/ideas that may work in my favor? I don't feel that I should fall victim twice for parts that were legitimately stolen from me. Insurance companies in general, certainly enjoy screwing their clients!

Last edited by nkctb7; 01-07-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'97 c36
Ohhh man.. Sorry about your loss that sucks hard. How did the rotten worthless *******s break in?
Old 01-08-2015, 06:31 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
2006 E55 AMG/1996 C36 AMG/1999 C43/55 AMG
Originally Posted by Super B
Ohhh man.. Sorry about your loss that sucks hard. How did the rotten worthless *******s break in?
Thanks! I had an anti bolt cutting lock securing the door shut. They cut through the heavy gauge steel plate on one side of the door. They must have used a giant bolt cutter to get through the steel plate. There was a windstorm the night that they broke in. My English Bull Terrier didn't even hear them although it was noisy due to the storm.