Ugh Oh ... I May Have Found My E63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 07:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carlsson CM60 EX:C36AMG'96
Originally Posted by kowalski
i'm happy for you
Great to hear you still support the 202 and appreciate it. I really wonder how it would be like owning a W211 vs a W202 AMG. For now I can tell the W202 really feels like more than just being a car. What I mean is that you will easlily get a connection with it. Most modern sporty cars just dont do it for me. I dont care if it is slow or not, I think these cars are about how they make you feel. however I also do the think the W211 has a certain type of charm and isnt a car without a sole. Build quality is for from bad or lets under the AMG norm. but I also do believe it isnt the best they ever made. its a hard choice for me, everyone who hasnt been driving with me in the 202 says just do it. They think the 211 looks much nicer, however those who have been with me on long trips think I should never get rid of her. Well obviously opinion of others doesnt matter, it just does show some different points of views. For now the next 4 weeks of not driving the C36 will be horrible. After that I will definetly enjoy another year of driving! not sure it it will be its last with me nevertheless it will be amazing
Old 02-28-2015, 07:17 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
(For Sale 03 G55), 08 G55K, 99 C43, 04 E55, 05 E63, 91 BMW E30, 05 BMW M3, 05 Audi USP Avant
Originally Posted by w202mylove
I dont care if it is slow or not, I think these cars are about how they make you feel.

Nicely said - I owned a W211 E500 Sport for 2 years and loved everything about it,
but I wished I had the e55 the entire time, although I dressed mine to the T inside and out,
minus the motor and brakes.

The W211 has so much character, awesome body lines and out of the box jaw dropping
curb appeal. Its my favorite looking MBZ to date.

My C43 emotionally moves me as I have said and I haven't even put more than 700 miles on it.
Although it feels raw and smells nostalgic, dated but thankfully really tight, it rides better than my w211. Its just always ready
and I enjoy that the most, plus with my two tone interior and steering wheel , gripping and accelerating
gives me a great feeling. I owned an E36 M3 Sedan and the only thing I liked better about the
E36 vs the C43 is the weight distribution. with my C43 because I haven't had it that long I haven't got
used to cornering with it because it does feel as if it can slide out really easily whereas the E36 M3 feels
as if its on rails and a lot lighter and had a .. not to say better but different predictive transmission (so far).

My W211 500 on the other hand felt light and nimble with plenty of power to scoot me around if Im in the
right gear but it just didnt have the ROAR Im looking for which is why I have my eyes set on a very uber clean
N/A E55 or as stated and most likely E63. I never got tired of driving my W211 ever, i put thousands of miles on that car,
and it was always our drug of choice for road trips even though I had an X5 at the time. We always went to the W211 .

Last edited by MPOW33R; 02-28-2015 at 07:31 PM.