C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Rear driver window and trunk help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c43
Rear driver window and trunk help

Hello. I recently purchased a used 1999 c43. When I went to test drive it I noticed the center console rear driver window and trunk buttons didn't work and neither did the mirror switch. I took the center console out (so much gross crap in there) and then apart and there were a couple clips broken on the trunch button and mirror switch. Previous owner seemed to have tried glue but I cleaned all that crap out and used some duct tape to fix what I could. The mirror switch works now just need to force it in a couple positions but still works! The trunk button clip was also fixed and you could hear the plastic button pushing in the little switch on the circuit board but still does not work. The window button was fine and made connection to the buttons on the board.

I looked at the circuit board and it seemed pretty clean, no dried up spilt coffee or soda. Since both are in the lower left hand corner of that board I wonder if something there is fried. Going to have to take the door off and see if its the motor or something but for the trunk I have no other idea (luckily the key button and key itself still opens it)

Sorry for a long post. Still new here and any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Old 06-19-2015, 12:11 PM

c43
Okay well took the trunk clip off again and tried to manually press the switch on the circuit board with a tie wrap while all hooked up to the car and it worked! Guess I need to fix the button a bit more. Now thinking the window must be a motor if the circuits fine.
Thanks

Last edited by Benz43new; 06-19-2015 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:46 PM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
do you need something like this seen in this link?
trunk switch comes separate

http://www.ebay.de/itm/94-98-MERCEDE...item27c79811d4
Old 06-27-2015, 02:02 PM

c43
That one seems like its from the C230 or 280 but didnt seem like the problem. It was on the trunk switch itself, still hard to explain maybe I'll take pictures if it ends up bothering me too much later on. I ended up using some duct tape to mend the problem for the truck switch and mirror switch. They're very finicky but work for now if handled gentle enough.