Received 377 Likes on 342 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
Agreed, and Good Input Hayden..

ZAYED,,
Old 05-01-2016, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
1999 AMG C43
yes! its always nice to have dyno numbers but you cant hold speed to that kind of standard here. while he is not doing it for free, he isnt a commercial enterprise in the traditional sense. he doesnt have money flowing in from sales of rims, accessories or whatever, so i dont expect him to front all kinds of cash to prove his product. particularly when his product is a no-brainer, he isnt selling snake oil here. we all know that more air means more horses which means more performance.

this isnt a honda where we see huge gains for nothing so while this box might not give you a 100hp jump, it will give you at least if not more than what other companies sell similar products for at a cheaper price so id say dont break the guys chops (not saying you intentionally meant to) but lets just take a think about what is available and what he is offering. i think it is a fair deal.
The following users liked this post:
speed43 (05-01-2016)
Old 05-02-2016, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 251 Likes on 212 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Patience peeps, you'll all have back to back dyno numbers soon to see and talk about...
Old 05-02-2016, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 93 Posts
c43
Thanks Daniel. Also want to add I have one air box left.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:08 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
99 C43 AMG, 2001 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by mickey13
yes! its always nice to have dyno numbers but you cant hold speed to that kind of standard here. while he is not doing it for free, he isnt a commercial enterprise in the traditional sense. he doesnt have money flowing in from sales of rims, accessories or whatever, so i dont expect him to front all kinds of cash to prove his product. particularly when his product is a no-brainer, he isnt selling snake oil here. we all know that more air means more horses which means more performance.

this isnt a honda where we see huge gains for nothing so while this box might not give you a 100hp jump, it will give you at least if not more than what other companies sell similar products for at a cheaper price so id say dont break the guys chops (not saying you intentionally meant to) but lets just take a think about what is available and what he is offering. i think it is a fair deal.
If you want to pay $500/for a mod that has no numbers behind it that's cool I'm not telling you what to do with your money, so if your comment was directed at me I don't think its cool for you to tell me what I should and shouldn't ask for proof on.
I actually race my AMG's on real tracks and drag strips, not the street. I think only a handful of guys on here do the same. When you race your car on a track you find that spending $500 on an Intake that might give you 8hp doesn't get you to be any faster than just taking a corner a different way or braking later or getting more experience on a track which doesn't cost as much.
Speed43 knows I mean no disrespect but I'm not a dude that cruises parking lots and talks about all my "mods" and quote my own HP numbers out of the sky. I dyno my cars, 1/4 mile my cars and track my cars and share the info and experience I gain on these boards, so I don't mind asking for a little bit more research for my money than most. I will be handing money over to speed43 once we have some apples to apples numbers on his airbox. If we don't, I don't think him nor I will lose much sleep over it
Old 05-02-2016, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
1999 AMG C43
Airbox is just one piece of a larger puzzle. $500 is cheap for these cars. Do what you want with your money. I am pretty tight with my money as well but I know a deal when I see it.