Funny Story P0308 Code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
1999 AMG C43
Talking Funny Story P0308 Code

So I did the brakes on my car and immediately after finishing the front up, she threw a check engine on me. I have a OBD scanner but its the el-cheapo $15 mini and it stopped working. So I run her over to the parts shop for a free reading and the fellow comes out with a tiny reader which I already know isn't going to work and it doesn't. So he runs back in to get the other one and that one doesn't work either. Anyway now I'm in a bind cause i don't want to buy one since i might get the star computer, that's another story.

So I'm inside pissing and moaning around, and the manager is like OK let me get mine... What kind of car do you have? So I say..Mercedes... and he starts up... OHHH Mercedes.. I worked for them for 3 years and that is the WORST car!!! So I'm like hehe ok can we put your reader on it??

So we go outside and he's like where is it and its actually parked right in front.. so I'm like it's that one. the V8 and point...Now he looks at it and I'm looking at his face and he was just in awe... he next says "That is the only Mercedes they ever made that I like!!!"

HAHAHA

So anyway he pulled the P0308 code and while I was ready to tackle it today, I had some things to do first.. I know I know, don't drive with a misfire...

anyway so I'm out and about, make my first stop and when I get back in the code is gone. My car is like my lady, she likes to be driven everyday and not ignored. I had her parked for a week or two while I got around to ordering the brakes. I guess she is just letting me know not to do that!!!! haha, idk lets see if it reappears in the future.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
that shop manager must have been a tool?
Old 05-06-2016, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 377 Likes on 342 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
Need to know now; is misfire in Cyl #8 or in that lovely manager..??!?!?!!

ZAYED,,